Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm incredibly surprised by GT's offense. If we can handle the ball security issues (yeah, I realize that's a big "if") we might be looking at GT's best offense in Paul Johnson's whole tenure here. TaQuon Marshall is every bit as good as Justin Thomas and might be even better at running the ball himself. I was convinced we'd have a huge dropoff at QB this year, but nope, TaQuon is loving aces. KirVonte Benson's a beast too, I thought we were hosed at B-Back after Mills got kicked off the team, but nope, Benson stepped up and is doing an amazing job gashing teams up the middle.

I'm less bullish on the defense than most GT fans after that game. Yeah, they only gave up 10 points, and we got in their backfield a ton, but I think that's mostly due to Pitt's awful, predictable playcalling and terrible o-line. I will say our tackling looked tighter in that game than usual. Way fewer missed tackles than I'm used to seeing from GT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FizFashizzle posted:

Gatech put the ball on the ground five times and still dominated Pitt yesterday.

Bees are real good y'all.

Ever since Pitt joined the ACC, we've never had a dull game against them. First we had Pitt turning it over 5 times in the first quarter, then we had two games lost on last-minute field goals, and then this.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

D.N. Nation posted:

Just throwing it out there: Why isn't Duke ranked?

I dunno. They probably deserve it more than Florida or LSU.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dango Bango posted:

Who does Tennessee even go after if they fire Butch?

Whatever Jeff Brohm's buyout is, Tennessee can probably pay it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Joey Freshwater posted:

What's that from? Is that the Atlanta Falcons mascot behind Goldy?

It's from some mascots vs pee wee players event.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Joey Freshwater posted:

Vols are both checkering Neyland AND wearing the alternate Smokey Grays. We're so hosed

Grey uniforms are an abomination unto God.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

C2C - 2.0 posted:

So...tonight? And also going head-to-head with the NFL? Sounds like a clusterfuck to me.

https://twitter.com/charliedaniels/status/913202603189768197

Ah yes, Charlie Daniels, the guy who made a fun song about getting in a bar fight with rednecks who thought he was a hippie and then 15 years later made a new version of the song about getting in a fight at a gay bar because they were flirting with him

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Stingtalk is really, really bad.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

an adult beverage posted:

Russell Athletic will cease uniform production.

Paul Johnson owned them so hard yesterday they quit
https://twitter.com/DavidGlennShow/status/913451107023818752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Other than SA, the only internet college football communities I find remotely tolerable are r/cfb and SBNation. My go-to source for GT news is SBNation's GT affiliate.

• Locked thread