Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Can't wait to play with my favourite magic frog named after a bad lightbulb pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Mukip posted:

I vaguely recall the Oldblood on Carnosaur being really good in tabletop, because it was a powerful dinosaur on top of another, powerful dinosaur. In TT, riders and mounts fought separately (rather than have a combined stat profile) and having to deal with just the Oldblood by himself was bad enough even without the Carnosaur.

Slow, non-flying monstruos mounts weren't all that useful to begin with, and carnosaurs had frenzy, making them especially dificult to conttol. Sure, they were fun, but I didn't bother bringing one to a serious game.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The Tyrion campaign is basically elf murder, all the time.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I'm working and the only thing in my head is the loving rat song.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I've realized I'm preloading the game in the non-ssd drive, should I use steam's move folder option or the steam mover app?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The rank 7 bonus are weird but with the changes to agents and the post battle option to gain extra experience it doesn't seem to be that difficult to get high exp troops. Also I love the new agents skill trees (at least the lizardmen ones), simpler but easier to skill up so the agents are more useful sooner.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
In my first campaign as Mazdamundi, I conquered 3 provinces easily and started the first ritual. In the next five turns, I got hit by 5/6 armies, between chaos fuckers, oportunistic neighbours and intervention armies. The ritual site (Hexoatl) went unscathed, because the enemy went after easier targets and I lost 6 settlements before the ritual was finished. Now my economy is utter poo poo and I can't even afford two full stacks, so I suppose I've learned defensive buildings are even more a necessity than the first game and overextending is fatal.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

John Charity Spring posted:

I like having a couple units of Stormvermin early on, you're not going to hurt yourself too much with 1-2 in your army. As for Poison Wind I never had more than 2 in an army and found that even 1 sufficed most of the time unless I was facing an obscene amount of monsters.

How do you face massed heavily-armoured units like saurus in the early game as Queek? Are stormvermin and poison wind globadiers enough?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Blinks77 posted:

Nobles.

Even better, nobles with Emollient.
+1 public order all provinces
+5 local province
+5% income entertainment buildings in all provinces.

I just sit 10 of them around various enemy settlements spamming "secure influence"

It's about 60 of it a turn which pretty much fixed all my influence problems.

Mages get Entrepreneur
+3% Tax rate (factionwide)
+30% income from all buildings (local province)

Got 9 of those sitting in Tiranoc at the moment.
23k income from that single province.

Thus are the High Elven influence and Economy problems sorted out.

Loremasters are what go around with my armies. Loremasters with Medic can do a good job of making up for all your nobles being busy elsewhere.

:captainpop:

God drat, I know what I will be trying next. I've been missing the good ol' agent stacking in my lizzie campaign.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Davincie posted:

anyone else not have item quests pop up? i noticed i never got the one for mazamundis first item

I got the Sun Standard, the first quest, but the Cobra Mace was the one that never triggered in my Mazdamundi campaign.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Randarkman posted:

Surprisingly good auto-resolve odds for this battle, guessing that's the ambush pushing it in my favor. I want to fight this one manually though. Overalle strategy is to just keep pushing rats down the dragons' throats until they roll over and die.

The Zapp Brannigan strategy, just with rats.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I really missed the global recruitment buff mod, God bless your soul.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Please bring back the naked dongs mod from Rome 1.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Blooming Brilliant posted:

This map rules, I got it from a White Dwarf and it hung on my wall for years, until it got cleanly ripped down the middle :(

I've been hunting for a hi-res version of it for ages.

The "Here be Daemons" note on the south pole is loving great.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Any tips for a Naggaroth campaign? How far should I expand and how I build a dark elf economy? I imagine raiding and slaves are a big part of it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Asehujiko posted:

I encountered a dwarf rogue army with a few single model squig units. I expected some kind of monster but instead they were just single, 118hp normal sized. One died to eagle claw projectiles, the other decided to charge into a unit of rank 7 swordmasters...

...and exploded, killing 78 out of a 100 models of swordmasters.

Ah, the explosive suicidal squigs from Azhag's quest, maybe? Sounds total bullshit to fight.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I started a Teclis run, managed to secure a the initial area and signed a lot of trade agreements, but god drat, his starting position is super remote from anything interested, I'm tempted to ditch it completely. Honestly, I'm more tempted to invade Ulthuan rather than defend it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Waiting for the add breasts to everything mod.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I think I'm not going to play the older factions in mortal empires until the foundation patch is in, so for the meantime it will be Queek: Badlands boogaloo.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

hooman posted:

You bastards with your internet that can download 4.5 gigs in a reasonable amount of time.

My internet is Thorgrim walking through the badlands slow.

4.5 gigs? dang, I'm not playing today.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

TheLastRoboKy posted:

My Wood Elf campaign

Please LP it and bring Coolguye along.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Coolguye posted:

THAT ONE SURE AS poo poo WOULDNT BE CO-OP

I don't care as long as we see elves getting turbo-murdered.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Is the chaos invasion in Mortal Empires as hardcore as people say? I'm on turn 60 with High Elves in my first campaign and it worries me a little. What mod are you using to fix it?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Zore posted:

Yeah, literally the only thing I'm looking forward to in 3 is like Ogres and an out-of-nowhere Halfling faction or something.

2 is getting all the best races; Lizards, Rats and Tomb Kings.

The best way to judge how good a faction is by their facial hair and fancy hats. With this in mind, Chaos Dwarves are the best race ever and will be included in game 3.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
From my recent dark&high elf campaigns, I learnt thst chariots are effectively hell on wheels, heroes mounted on chariots are literally Hitler.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Dunno-Lars posted:

So, I remade my adventuring party mods and turned them all into one single mod that works for all factions.
While doing so, I asked a friend of mine to just slap something together for me that I could use as the picture in the mod launcher. Sent him some of CAs official pictures of the lords, thinking he would copy paste and put it together in 15 minutes or so.

He spent four hours, and made this:

Gave me permission to share it as long as I share your comments on it...

The mod, if anyone wonders: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1190120227

For those who can't see it:
Malektih - Orion - Queek
Grombrindal - Mazdamundi - Karl Franz
Tyrion - Grimgor - Vlad

5/5

:allears:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

JBP posted:

The funniest games are the ones where Marienburg doesn't crack and builds a massive garrison and three stacks that never leave the city.

Just like Karak Eight Peaks.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Let's hope one day we'll get the true Vampire Coast faction DLC, undead parrots and gun-wielding zombies for everyone.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
We need the skaven scribe guy to do voiceovers for all the campaigns.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Hey, I bet this has been gone over before but can anyone recommend a good high elf army composition for the final vortex battle? I play on Normal difficulty and usually just use multiple stacks of low-level infantry/archers with a couple of bolt-throwers along for the ride but that doesn't seem to be answer for the last fight.

Recommendations for other races also welcome.

The final battle is really easy, get a lot of archers, some good frontliner units and you are set. A good way to kill lords fast is advisable though.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The problem with Teclis is that his starting positions, both in the vortex campaign and ME, are terrible slogs, with your only option being to plunge deep into the lustrian thunderdome.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I would love if they implemented Nagash in the Tomb Kings DLC as some kind of threat/adversary, highly unlikely though.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I have a giant boner right now.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Panfilo posted:

Hmm that makes me think they could have AI Settra gathering up those nine books, which just so happen to be located in the capitals of the major races. So one got overgrown by the great oak, one is in a museum in altdorf, one was mistaken as a tablet of the ancients and hoarded by skinks, one stolen by the Von Carsteins, one studied by the thirteenth council in skavenblight, one being used as a toilet seat by Azhag, etc.

Most of them are lost, but three of them are known: Neferata has one in the Silver Pinnacle, Zacharias the Eternal (of the Necrachs) has another one, and Mannfred Von Carstein has the last one. So, at least, this puts the Tomb Kings in a direct collision course with pretty much all Vampire factions.

wiegieman posted:

Tomb King units will all probably talk. Their statues are animated by divine servants, and the skeletons are in a weird dream haze where they all think they're actually alive - when a visitor gets plates of dried fruits and dust-filled wine jars the attendants actually think they're delivering a feast.

Turning a barbarian queen into a vampire, motivating her to build a competing Serpent Queendom, and giving her a bloodstained khopesh which was supposedly a magic weapon that could destroy Khalida but was actually just a souvenir is basically Neferata's version of a "thinking of you" card.

That book was good and had some of the funniest Tomb King characters ever.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

wiegieman posted:

Antar, Hawk of the Desert, Leader and Breaker of Armies, Slayer of the Wicked, Desired of Women, Envied of Men, graciously accepts your adoration.

You're forgetting the best of all, King Rhupesh, Adopted Child of the Asp Goddess, Bearded Scion of Serpent and OX He may have the size of a dwarf, a majestic beard, an affinity for stone construction and stubborn, but he is not a dwarf, nope, just a shorter-than-average King, we swear :allears:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
One of the qualities of Tomb Kings that separate them from other generic fantasy undead is that they are not inherently malevolent or evil, and they are not more dickish than your average imperial elector count or bretonnian duke. Their current condition is pretty much an accident, the result of mixing the funerary rituals of the mortuary cult with Nagash great spell.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The actual reason for the Empire not using pikes is because they are a Tilean and Estalian thing, it would be the same as admitting that these fuckers are better than the men of the Empire at warfare and we cannot have that.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
He also was literally the first special character ever made in Warhammer, so he's not super original in his appeareance.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Yeah, Nagashizzar is pretty much Mordor.

Really looking forward for this DLC and I hope that Arkhan's final battle is about ressurecting Nagash, so we can have a short sweet cinematic with the big bastard himself and his super fancy bone hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

I lost it with the friar toad :allears: