Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

7pm is entirely too late to be drinking coffee on a weeknight

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

it's basically the "you can't fire me, I QUIT" movement for incels

this smooth boy is one to talk about sexual failure :nallears:

:agreed:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

What is that nerd wearing?

i'm pretty sure it's a trash bag kilt but i can't find the original video it's from

mgtow forums think he's a hero because he dressed like this to protest a slut walk lmao

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TMMadman posted:

Seriously, I don't loving get it. These hedge fund managers looked at the numbers and went "This seems like a good idea!" and then it bit them in the rear end. That's all on them.

rich people aren't allowed to lose money, someone else has to lose it for them

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

im pretty sure you can just give your location as whatever you want (e: you definitely can)

vladivostok seems like a nice place

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the black husserl posted:

if you can't tell that account is a troll, i worry about your media literacy...

well yeah every antifa account on twitter is fake

but still i can tag my own drat self in vladivostok

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

if any of the newer fallouts are good it's entirely in spite of the combat mechanics, if they otherwise played exactly like far cry with the same setting and plot and such they'd be amazing

i hope they make a fallout in like snowy minnesota or the rockies or somethin

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Bethesda needs to hire some loving engine developers instead of stacking up middleware like a house of cards

but then they can't use the same garbage platform to make six different wildly profitable games op

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Augus posted:

I mean you could just play Far Cry I guess?
Fallout 4's problem is that it completely sucks dick at being an RPG

i never played 4 because it looked bad, but this does apply to 3 and new vegas

far cry is fun but it's not the same whereas fallout as cool but trying to actually shoot rats or whatever feels awful

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the best gun in alpha protocol... is your fists

and the pistols

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zyla posted:

fallout 3 had you cant hit poo poo even if you aim perfectly without high skill points in shooting

New Vegas and 4 have you can hit everything perfectly with good aim but the damage you do is stat based

doing FPS/RPG fusion mechanics correctly: deus ex 1

doing them wrong: deus ex 3, every fallout 3+

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bethamphetamine posted:

She had the best body. She had the best face. She had the best hair I’ve ever seen. You know, hair is my thing. I’m really into hair up right now, okay? And she has the most beautiful. I mean, she had the best hair, but she had the best face and the best body. You said [she had] the best face. She had the best body.

:yooge: i'm a SKIN man

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zyla posted:

Wakanim, an officially-licensed anime streaming service in Europe, has started preparing for the fall season by publishing English (and French) subtitled trailers of upcoming TV series My Girlfriend Is Too Much To Handle aka My Girlfriend Is Sobitch aka Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken ("My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch"),

:thunk:

anime is.... life??

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this is one of my favorite tweets

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/GermanyDiplo/status/913055591429439488

:wiggle:

lol awful app can't handle that one

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

holy poo poo i didn't see this part lmao

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

twitter with 280 characters looks like poo poo what's the point

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

i like how the computer nerds came up with the idea that their god would retroactively hunt down anyone that didn't go 100% to make it since they can't comprehend building a god that then doesn't give a gently caress about puny human problems and just dies/ghosts us.

is this the basilisk or whatever

honestly caring about that is insanely stupid i dont givea gently caress if a computer makes a simulation of me to torture it, gently caress that weakass computer bitch

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

That seems like something that should require a law to be passed

trump is just going to sign a bunch of retarded executive orders and hope all of them getting tied up in the supreme court kills off ginsburg so he can appoint ed balls as her replacement and do whatever he wants

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Louisgod posted:

I don't think so, it has too far of a reach on established exchanges and local economies and likely clashes with baked law in the ACA. Seems easy to argue it's unconstitutional.

in the several weeks between this passing and getting blocked in some appeals court the economy will have a heart attack

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

i guess based on how things work in FL and where they'd likely end up, around 100,000 Puerto Ricans of voting age probably flips the state senate

1 million puerto ricans of voting age turn the state into an anarchist commune, trump voting Florida Men are pogromed. a golden age reigns

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

how do you think Trump abandoning Puerto Rico to their fate will play out in history books? Holocaust-tier "This is an atrocity, never again" or Iraq War-tier "Oops, we killed a couple million people, oh well"

Having a feeling it's going to be more the latter than the former, especially with climate change getting worse and worse

considering the US government's historical attitude towards PR we'll probably just collectively forget about it

https://twitter.com/ZachJCarter/status/898647718549172225

(pro thread)

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

puerto rico's constitution was literally written by the US congress

do they think cuba is puerto rico

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

we have plenty of loving ships already they're just crashing into each other in the sea of japan you moron

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

juche avocado posted:

really sounds like the basic girls could use some lsd

this is true for everyone tbh

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

The Nastier Nate posted:

Cspam is smart because cspammers realize how dumb everything else is.

in order to know everything, I must only know:
1: :matters:
2: :justpost:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Shageletic posted:

Didn't PR vote twice to stay in their weird situation with the US? Latest one was only a couple of yrs AFAIK

i thought they voted to become a state because they had given up on ever gaining independence

idk they've had quite a few of these that have probably gone both ways

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's not so much that the thread is relaxed and not taking things seriously as it is a few people doing their absolute best to flood the thread with as much white noise as they can

trump hasn't yet pooped his pants today but still i must :justpost: so the thread ends up being 20 pages of video game and bbq chat

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

brugroffil posted:

last time it was a weird protest vote where everyone in favor of the status quo sat out so statehood got 97% approval. In their 2012 vote, statehood also got approval with much higher turnout.

yeah i specifically remember a bunch of people posting "congratulations to the new 51st state" poo poo when they had that vote in the 2012 general and i wonder if anyone noticed that absolutely nothing has changed since

well their economy is a few more swirls down the austerity toilet i guess

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

who would ever read a nonfiction book

what's the point when i have Online

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

C-Euro posted:

My political and economic IQ is admittedly low so someone help me out here- one argument I've always heard against raising the corporate tax rate is that businesses will leave the US and set up shop elsewhere where the rate is lower. That's mostly bullshit, right? I've always understood that America has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world, but I also know that there are offshore shell companies or whatever that can play into that. Someone explain this line of reasoning to me assuming that it isn't crap.

all the ones that could have done this mostly already have, and the high-paying sectors of our economy stay here for the highly educated workforce

there's plenty you can do legally to discourage companies from leaving but the largest companies already don't pay any taxes at all due to a massive variety of loopholes

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yinlock posted:

you'd never know it given how much they whine

corps got to repatriate their offshore wealth in 2002 or so at some extra-low special rate of around 10% after begging for it for years so they could invest in workers and other job creationy nonsense

they brought billions of dollars back into the US and used them to give gigantic bonuses to their executives

i imagine they would like to do this again

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Duscat posted:

why

there's nothing of value inside

there's rich to be killed

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i'm so fuckin hyped for mario

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

what kind of stupid loving question is this

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

don't doxx people i associate with irl

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

2DCAT posted:

I got called into an emergency meeting in DC. Hope it's to show us all the pisstspe :jackbud:

inshallah

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Kids don't have rights.

You can still beat your kids as long as you don't beat them too much.

you can also legally send them to concentration camps for being gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's so much precedent regarding whether you can force public school students to say the pledge and poo poo, I don't think there's a single way they could 5-4 this.

counterpoint: the supreme court is stacked with fascists who will do whatever they want

• Locked thread