Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/chewittodeath/status/913835078698053632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

not sure if duckworth is running but i think if we hold her feet to the fire we can get her to march left and stand up for real progress

i don't want to shoot down her chances, but seems like a sufficiently motivated insurgent could cause her candidacy to crash

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Clinton supporter in the general.

These people are pettty, stupid, and wrong. I feel like people like they do not represent the majority of supporters, but they get a majority of the attention. I think that this is a larger problem in general, but this is a good example.

There is a toxic group out there that really just wants to be loud and lovely to people they see as the problem. They infect all discourse and I don't know how to break through the noise to get to the place we need to be.

this 8 percenter stuff is the dying remnants of the clinton cult and should just be ignored

hillary herself's gone into full-on pailn grift mode at this point and they''ll spend the rest of their days making GBS threads up twitter and writing salon thinkpieces at each other

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
also it should be pointed out every time someone posts some stupid poo poo from sally albright- she's a republican campaign staffer who worked for newt gingrich and haley barbour

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JeffersonClay posted:

It's fine to suggest Democrats try to recapture the kind of popularity that LBJ and FDR enjoyed, but it's weird to assert their popularity was solely due to expanding social services and had nothing to do with their ideological defenses of free enterprise and capitalism and their interventionist foreign policy to defend the same across the world.

:laffo:

never change, d&d

never change

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

But here's the thing, what's the non-terrible digital media firm Democrats could hire instead?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troma_Entertainment

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nanomashoes posted:

Whats wrong with attacking capitalism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2h8ujX6T0A&t=17s

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nevvy Z posted:

"Listen to POC. Unless they are dirty centrists"

this but unironically

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

I get the impression that you don't really know what that word means, JC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMeUPFjQHc

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JeffersonClay posted:

I think that's erasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J2OlIpQgF8

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Can someone tell me about the VA governor's race please

guy who voted for bush twice has stable 6-7pt lead over former rnc chair

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nevvy Z posted:

Let me tell you about Managed Care.

State Medicaid gives companies blocks of money to pay for patient care and they get to keep whatever is saved by denying services

hey now don't forget the vital roles patient abuse and neglect play in that great cosmic dance

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Fister posted:

But she did own slaves :confused:

technically the taxpayers of the state of arkansas owned those slaves, so she owned like 1/1,180,000 of each slave

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

It's also good to point out her reservations against slavery weren't, like human rights or decency, but physical fear that the slaves would be dangerous to her family, and her heartwarming story of how she overcame that fear and took the risk involved someone telling her the positive financial effect on the state budget.

imho the more egregious and telling part of the story was her expressing amazement that the state-owned slaves were fully formed human beings capable of expressing complex thoughts and not quasi-verbal ape-men

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Whether or not the Democrats learn the right lessons from 2016 is a really, really loving important thing. I would like it very much if the Democrats stopped acting like idiots, and kicked the third way Democrats out of all positions of power, so that they could take control of the government.

i dunno i'm kinda curious to see how many offices the dems can lose from constantly stepping on their own dicks while republicans complete their transformation into the great value 4th reich

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilroy posted:

I think the person who posted the Kristallnacht thing changed it and said he meant to refer to the Rohm Putsch / Night of the Long Knives, but hosed it up. Pretty egregious mistake to make of course. Not to mention, even saying we need to Rohm-Putsch the DNC is in really poor taste as well.

this why it's important to recognize your audience

scouring of the shire would've been the optimal analogy

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

The Democratic Party should enact a final solution to unequal access to healthcare question.

this but unironically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ptC2La7k5E

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hey is this the thread to point out i think it's totally cool that trump doesn't give two shits about our manufactured culture of troop worship and is too boorish to pretend otherwise

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Koalas March posted:

I also wonder how many people would leave the DNC if they backed it.

it'd definitely get rid of the clintonite wing

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

I don't think Donna Brazile would leave over it.

we'll have to agree to disagree on that point, infinitesimal as it may be

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Inescapable Duck posted:

As much as people bitch about how supposedly people pushing economic justice and social justice are irreconcilably in conflict

the only people who think that are the same ones whose concept of social justice starts and ends at hiring more women ceos

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

also, who did she hurt?

kaal, by not going through the proper channels

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

NewForumSoftware posted:

transphobic warmongering racist

good username

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I am not sure what to take from the story. Can someone more in the know expand on what is going on here.

some folks think having a trans woman play frank-n-furter could further the common misconception conflating transvestism with transgender identity that's often used by conservatives to demonize trans people

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
yeah if anything president clinton would've bombed something in syria more important than an empty runway

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
excuse me, this is the thunderdome, not takingshitpostsseriouslydome

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

I'm sure Hillary would have bombed those women and children in a much more empowering, centrist, Very Serious way, and not in a gross Republican way. It makes a lot of difference to the women and children how they got bombed, you know.

exactly. she probably wouldn't have bombed women and kids directly, but she would've ramped up her arms deals to gcc states in exchange for donations to the clinton foundation

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
trump be escalating our involvement in the saudi-iranian proxy war like this: eh-eh-eh-eh-ehhh

clinton be escalating our involvement in the saudi-iranian proxy war like this: doot-doot-doot-doo-doo

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ReindeerF posted:

img-tim-kaine-daily-show-doorknocker

please, it was a keychain

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

The other tweet is even worse:

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/925729532295942144

I agree and am also v. disappointed that Trump isn't starting a war over this.

tbf cuck schumer voted for the illegal war so of course he prefers bush's leadership

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Azhais posted:

Anyone have any good politics podcasts they like?

trillbilly worker's party

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hey look man consultants and media buys in the chicago and los angeles markets don't come cheap

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
if you vacation in martha's vineyard you're still a pleb

if you summer there you're true patrician

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the left is gonna get murdered by the state long before they get enough power to start screwing over minorities

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JeffersonClay posted:

3). Forces other senators, particularly Republican ones, to go on the record describing Franken’s behavior as unbecoming of a senator and worthy of removal from the senate. This would be useful when this happens again.

lol how the gently caress are you still this naive after all this time

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol at saying the senate cares about precedent a day after chuck grassley did away with the blue slip system for judicial nominations after they used it to keep a district court seat empty for 11 years in part to spite two black women

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MooselanderII posted:

Are any major corporations even headquartered in Alabama?

a few that deal with construction supply and stuff in birmingham, and nasa has a large presence in huntsville

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JeffersonClay posted:

and our forum is modded by someone who will defend the GULAG, so

tbf you make a persuasive argument for it yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted: