Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Macaluso posted:

the last phase of the bird fight when his head turns into a trash can and he starts barfing up garbage (????)

He's talking trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

This is great, I just bought it and beat the ball guy, the frogs, the mausoleum and the veggie bros.

Honestly it's not THAT hard so far.

Give Cagney Carnation my regards. :getin:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I finished it and would like more immediately please and thank you

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
My main complaints are that so many of the powerups are useless except for a few, which are completely broken. Spread Shot and Charge Shot ruin most bosses, and the Smoke Bomb is the only charm you ever really need except in very specific situations. The Roundabout shot is only really useful for Grim Matchstick, and the Lob and Chaser shots are bewilderingly awful.

Also yeah, what the hell was Werner Werman doing on Isle 3? Dude put up as much resistance as a plate of wet spaghetti.

Also Grim himself drove me up a wall but I didn't mind it much because he's such an amiable chap compared to the other bosses. He's very sorry for burning you alive, what a sweetheart.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Hahaha who the gently caress are these people lol jesus christ.

Oh its ben kuchera LMAO of course

jfc does every idiot and crumbum in every corner of the earth just hang around indefinitely

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ikari Worrier posted:

The background for the genie fight in particular is probably a reference to the neat Tabletop 3D effect that a lot of Fleischer Studios shorts used. In particular it's probably a reference to the effects in this particular Popeye short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miw_Jw7j2sE

oh no i'm five years old again

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Isn't the funhouse level impossible to P as well? Screw that place.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I just wanted to say gently caress king dice and his endless loving stage.

don't mess with him

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Charger is getting a hefty nerf

noooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

my girlfriend doesn't play (as far as I know) a lot of shmups, she's more of a gamecube person (lots of SMSunshine and Kirby Air Ride)

if i get this for us to co-op is she going to cry and hate it? i still can't tell just how hard this is

It's hard. If she doesn't have a sense of humor about losing repeatedly then it's going to stress her out.

• Locked thread