Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They figured out they could just sell the old one again and people would still buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/house_house_/status/915460576872038405

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

PantsBandit posted:

Are there any genres the Mario gang haven't gotten into yet? What would those games look like?

Mario, assisted by a variety of gadgets, slips into Bowser's fortress to prevent catastrophe and sabotage the elite Koopa Korps. Mario Gear Solid + Rabbids

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/ZoeGraceHarris/status/915741962807820288

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Help Im Alive posted:

idk you'd have to be pretty terrible to actually go out to a physical event to harass someone over video game drama

I have bad news about gamers

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Hey it's ya boi XxFEELZxX here with more quality gaming content

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

exquisite tea posted:

I've yet to play a "you are chased by an invincible scary monster" game that 100% gets it right. You either figure out its AI patterns or it just cheats and kills you anyway, and both extremes take you out of the experience.

After the xenomorph of Alien: Isolation killed me one too many times she stopped being scary to me and instead just seemed like a trolling rear end in a top hat.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah I'm really not down with how eager publishers are to exploit gambling psychology

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sunning posted:

This is correct. Even if the majority do not use or hate microtransactions/loot boxes, a small portion of your userbase can make the whole thing worth while. A handful of players can pay for a development team of hundreds making updates, events, and major overhauls for the game.

It really sickens me, most people don't engage with it or maybe pay to pull the lever a handful of times, but it's cool because a minority of people are extremely susceptible to gambling psychology.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

nachos posted:

why don't russian hackers do something useful for once and doxx the lootbox whales so we know who to blame

Lootbox whales are the poor saps taken in by systems built to take advantage of human psychology.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

I'm running a Games forum sheep game and VideoGames recommended I mention it in here so here it is.

These are always good fun, thanks for making it happen!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm just replaying though Shadow of Mordor to try and stave off the urge to give money to a bad publisher. Mario Odyssey comes out on the 27th and that's when I can finally lock myself in the house and play video games until Spring.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

wouldn't mind a look at your stock

Care for a round of gwent?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

exquisite tea posted:

Mass Effect often wrote itself into a corner where the actions of certain characters really only made sense if you played Shepard in a specific way. People would talk about all your heroic deeds and you'd think about how you killed that entire space colony and executed everyone you met.

Obviously either they were quaking in fear or Shepard murdered everyone who might have a poor opinion of her.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
That's some extremely spooky news

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Remember Me is a game I love that is deeply flawed and difficult to recommend. I think a lot of people ITT feel the same way. I'm a huge sucker for the story themes of memory and humanity.

Also while Kid Xmas wasn't a particularly memorable boss fight, he's a great boss. I love the idea of a bounty hunter livestreaming his exploits in an incredibly WWE manner.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Death to shareholders

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah I mean there's no sign as to when we might see more Hitman but i0i owns the IP and is independent now. Would have been an absolute shame, Hitman 2016 is incredible and I'd kill for a second season.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Oh my god yes thank you

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

oddium sighs and draws her katana

Every time I tried to play Blood Money it would crash after finishing this level R.I.P.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Wanna see 47's dead eyes staring out from under a Sonic-esque character costume

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Internet Kraken posted:

Honestly this is one of my most hated video games of all time. Its one thing to make a generic hack n slash, but dragging someone else's literary work through the muck to do it rubs me the wrong way.

Wait till you see my design doc for Waiting For Godot

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sunning posted:

EA gave Visceral quite a few stays of execution. They always pivoted them to a more marketable IP rather than close them down after a bomb. A few game journalists on Twitter suggest that the game had been in development hell from quite some and the axe finally fell.

EA put Visceral in an impossible position with Dead Space 3, I don't think there's a good argument here for EA being merciful benefactors.

I don't have any special affection for Visceral, it's just another studio which EA has choked the life out of. I expect we'll be talking about Bioware getting the noose this time next year.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's OK if the AAA singleplayer genre dies IMO, there are loads of interesting indie singleplayer games and I hope more developers see what Ninja Theory did with Hellblade and follow suit. I don't feel like it's on me to change my buying habits because stockholders are panicky, greedy morons.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Hey maybe if you're setting a target of 5 million sales for a loving Dead Space game the problem isn't with the consumer.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sixto Lezcano posted:

I play a lot of Overwatch, badly, and the loot boxes are way inoffensive to me. When I get cool things I'm excited but I don't feel like a dude who got sixty billion boxes (either by levelling or with money) has an advantage over me. It's doubly inoffensive because it doesn't reward grinding OR whaling. No matter how many hours or dollars you spent on this game, you kicked my rear end because I'm Bad and you're less bad.

I mean I hear you but it's still a system designed to manipulate the minority of gamers who are extremely suceptible to gambling psychology into spending hundreds of dollars on basically nothing. There's a goddamn reason that I can't just buy the new cool Zen skin.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Not until everyone finally admits that I have the only good opinion.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I said come in! posted:

I bought a Nintendo Switch. :////////

Mario Odyssey is gonna own

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah, then what? What other Nintendo exclusives are in the pipe?

Skyrim and Doom, obviously.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Somehow the game where they give Mario a gun is the second most terrifying Mario game of 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
With takes this hot we could provide clean energy to billions of people

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Saint Freak posted:

a playstation vita

:thunk:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They should make a Yakuza/Rabbids crossover

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I was trying to look up the most recent allegations but when I googled Evilore I dug up years-old stories about him sexually harassing women :smith:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

haveblue posted:

I like my coffee like I like my women...

Ordered online and shipped in through California?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The White Dragon posted:

i don't drink coffee because i don't care for the flavor. i'm told to put in sugar and milk, but i think if you do that, it isn't coffee, it's just savory sugarmilk

I feel this is a bit silly, like you might as well say that a cup of black coffee is really just savory hot water.

Most coffee you'll get is overroasted and overextracted, leading to excessive bitterness. I roast my own beans and take them black but you'd better believe I'm dropping some milk into ye olde diner coffee.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

VideoGames posted:

11 hours later I have finally left White orchard after doing every single little question mark thingy around!
I am SO into this game! I have gotten the hang of the combat, gotten the hang of crafting and remember to use my little spells occasionally.

I did not bow to the emperor because I did not think Geralt would bow to a man that tried to kill him in the past (I think that is what some of the dialogue said). There is so much to read in those books in the castle and I really want to know all of what happened in the first two Witcher games! Hopefully I am not playing as slow as I feared I would. Did everyone else take that long to do White Orchard?

I spent ages in White Orchard, it's very pleasant and there's loads to do!

The whole prelude to meeting the Emperor owns so hard. I ended up bowing because I was concerned if I didn't then the guy who's job it was to get Geralt dressed, shaved, and familiar with court ettiquitte would get punished, and while he clearly had some gross views on Nordlings he seemed incredibly relatable and genuinely concerned for Geralt. Not bowing is definitely more Geralt-y imo.

The previous games don't touch overmuch on Geralt's relationship with Emyhr, read the books if you want to know more about that.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 23, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's a moment in Kaer Morhen while Geralt is drinking with the Yen and the witchers when Lambert goes "speaking of ploughing, how's Triss?" and I unironically enjoyed letting the question hang and watching Yen fidget before telling Lambert to plough himself.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Where is the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nina posted:

I really enjoy the concept of VA-11 Hall-A but I really, really don't like the writing.

It's bad, op

Also maybe I'm bad or maybe it was patched in later but I don't know how you put together a VN and fail to include text skipping options or a chatlog.

• Locked thread