Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Saint Freak posted:

I'm playing through Snake Eater a mere uh, 13 years after it came out, and I just want to go on record as saying I feel like a guy wearing a completely insulated crazy space/fire/dc comics firefly suit would in fact not show up on thermal.

Yes, a man surrounded by and largely on fire would not have a heat signature.

Unrelated, I am super hype about five days to Shadow of War. Then two weeks later, new Wolfenstein. Good fuckin' month for games. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

In Training posted:

Nope and Nope, I just know its got a very specific style, and that I wanted to play it when it came out on GameCube but my mom wouldn't let me rent it because it was M. Screw you mom!

Enjoy learning the secrets to hitting on women with 100% success! :)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
There’s a tiny, tiny moment in this new Wolfenstein trailer that I think is gonna rile up a bunch of internet assholes, more than usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H561RVqNy4s

See if you can spot it. :allears:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Viewtiful Jew posted:

By the way on a serious note Neogaf is probably about to explode and not in a good way from like a game announcement but because the owner of the forums is about to be exposed to the public for what appears to be some heavy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/921769491591073792

Especially bad because people also seem to be pointing to the fact that most if not all past and present "Mods Knew" over there and never did anything.

:munch:

Been too long since there was some good internet explode-o-drama.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Saint Freak posted:

It's time to admit the first one wasn't that good and 2014 was just a dire year where people were desperate for games.

I admit nothing! It was fantastic! SUFFER ME NOW! :black101:

The original was and is a great game, though the sequel really has outdone the orc sim aspects of it by an absurd degree. Everything it lacks in gameplay depth and all the rough edges that SoW has are way overshadowed by the scale and scope of it all.

I just fought my way through a group of random named dudes who I killed a week and a half ago when the game first came out. There was zero indication that that was gonna happen when I fought them the first time, and there’s so many little things that your enemies remember when you fight them again that it just turns into this crazy awesome personalised experience.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

cubicle gangster posted:

I always find these kinds of opinions interesting. They assume that the game that was cancelled was near finished - and great, a solid 9/10, and that the cancellation was unjust. Far more likely it was a loving mess with scrambling leadership and nowhere near enough progress made to justify the money already spent on it.

They literally only are this mad because someone hosed with their precious nerd lore game. If it wasn’t ~Star Wars~ they wouldn’t have given half a gently caress about any of this, but they froth at the mouth over the same poo poo they always have since they were children, because they are children.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ciaphas posted:

So just making sure here, if I liked Shadow of Mordor I'd love Shadow of War, right

I'm juuust about done with Path of Exile for the next month or so, I think

Yes. The only thing it really loses is the Batman-esque untouchability that comes with being good at the combat. SoW is a lot more likely to screw you over in combat than the original or the Batman games, but it’s also built around you dying frequently to progress the world, so it balances out.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

food court bailiff posted:

Lol my dude I'm like a hundred hours into Persona 5 and am just at the school trip now. I am very familiar with Persona 5.

The Japanese voice tracks, new difficulty, and several of the costumes were absolutely free. I'm pretty sure the healing items and skill cards were at some point as well, too. The remaining costumes come nowhere near $65 of value. Sorry about your dumb broke brain.

Pretty sure the big bucks are in the soundtrack bundle too. Looks like it has downloadable BGMs from a poo poo ton of other games, which is a thing sometimes for Japanese devs. Dynasty Warriors 8XL probably has at least a hundred bucks in soundtrack DLC.

e: Oh they bundled them with costumes? That's kinda odd, but yeah, that's why it's so expensive. BGM artists gots ta get paid, son.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 24, 2017

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

tap my mountain posted:

I think it's worth playing and enjoying it now when it's fresh, rather than starting it in 2018 after hearing everybody's complaints about it

This doesn’t seem to happen with Mario games too often, if anything they get more praise retroactively like Sunshine did. At worst, everyone forgets it exists like NSMB.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
1) chameleon twist
2) chameleon twist
3) chameleon twist
4) chameleon twist
5) chameleon twist

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

VideoGames posted:

Last Night I completed Wolfenstein The New Order and it was absolutely fantastic. I adore BJ and Anya's relationship and thought it was a lovely bit of human interaction around all the inhuman action. I did get very sad at the ending before I remembered there was a sequel though!

Another good game I can tick off my list :D G4F4!

It was amazing how among everything else to like about it (the music, the shooting, the gore system, the level design, how smoothly it runs) that the writing was one of the best parts of Wolf TNO. It’s from the same people who took the Darkness from Top Cow edgelord comics bullshit to a genuinely emotional experience, so it makes sense, but it was still a really pleasant surprise.

You make this count, alright? :smith: :smith: :smith:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ostentatious posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/30/16571230/last-of-us-part-2-trailer-violence-women

i thought the last of us part 2 trailer was super good tho im probably part of the problem

This entire article comes across as “why is the trailer to the sequel to a game known for featuring deeply disturbing acts of violence so disturbing and violent????”

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

yeah, playable hobos weren't added until condemned 2

Which is also notable for the best bear in video games. And being really, really, really batshit loving insane.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's a joke, and it's not even the worst one about the game in the last few pages considering someone made a joke about how brutal it is to work at Naughty Dog, currently being called upon to investigate allegations of sexual harassment of an employee

No way man, gently caress you! My dad was a video game, drat it. Show some respect. :qq:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

corn in the bible posted:

its funny how when people say they like ac it's always 2 or 4, why no love for, uh, the one with the drunken irish guy or the one where your coop desyncs so you fall through the ground and it erases your save? huh????

Brotherhood was pretty rad, especially if you took the time to specifically recruit all women to make Ezio seem like a total smooth operator every time you hit the “call allies to shank that dude over there” button.

Ezio Auditore: Pimp-sassin extraordinaire.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Saint Freak posted:

November Games Chat: I won't be suckered into thinking LA Noire is good this time.

I was so hype for that when it came out, and then I ended up hating it so much. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Samuringa posted:

I think it's a testament to my bad taste how much I am enjoying Arkham Knight. The Batmobile, The city, the Joker, the Sidequests, I'm having a blast. I won't 100% the Riddler stuff - which I never cared in any Arkham game - so I'm youtubing the true ending when I finish this, but everything else has been great.

The little sidequests are probably my favorite bit, I love how you fly or drive around finding more of them scattered around and help bring the city back to it's feet.

Arkham Knight is a good game, I honestly think even after cruising through Return to Arkham it’s my favorite one.

Sure, the plot’s kinda dumb, but so were the other two, it’s a fuckin’ Batman game.

Knight > Asylum > City, though only just barely for each one.

Also the season pass stuff for Knight is actually pretty decent, and in one case even causes a new world state once you finish it. Freeze... :smith:

• Locked thread