Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Shaggar posted:

notes 8/9 was a better mail client than outlook.

pram posted:

lol shagger :razz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Schadenboner posted:

With classes starting today ("Linux for babbies" and "Network security for literal goddamn idiots") I told myself I was going to finally get around to doing OneNote rather than paper notes.

But of-loving-course the iOS OneNote can only connect to OneDrive and not iCloud because: gently caress you.

dude that's like complaining Google Docs doesn't use iCloud

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

poor Linux Archduke

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

have I stepped into the "PYF: Windows 10 Search Results" thread?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

r u ready to WALK posted:

I like how UAC on a server locks you out of directories that you would normally have access to on a server through the Administrators group unless you browse the file system from a remote machine because it is impossible to launch an Explorer window with elevated permissions. Instead, Explorer asks if you want to gently caress up file permissions by making GBS threads a new ACL with your username in it all over the existing files.

But wait!

Just start notepad.exe as administrator, go to file->open and browse the entire file system through the convenient dialog box, you have access to everything then!

Windows 10 does the same thing with the System32 folder. If you want to edit the hosts file, and you are a local admin, just opening the file with Notepad won't work, as you can't save. Opening Notepad with admin rights (what's the use of having admin rights when you have to manually select the option to run a program as an admin?) will then allow you to edit and save the hosts file.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fiedler posted:

unlikely. almost all microsoft employees are dead inside.

:rip: Linux Archduke

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lambert posted:

Oh yeah, wouldn't want to break all those mission-critical 16 bit apps. loling @ the world of corporate computing.

there's software that researchers need to run instruments and equipment at my workplace that won't run on anything newer than Win XP. And the workplace is making a huge push at the moment to even get rid of Win 7 devices. So there's going be some big rear end bills coming in soon as researchers find out that to upgrade the software usually means new lab equipment.

research related software is the loving worst. it even makes Adobe look reasonable.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol Surface Pro 6 and Book 2 still don't have USB-C or TB 3. Fail

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:rip: LinuxArchduke

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Neva 4get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U

:rip: Linux Archduke

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pinterest Mom posted:

who is shipping 32 bit x86 apps

Every dumbshit rip off "scientific research" software company.

Some of them refuse to update from 16bit apps to run equipment.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg0l7f25bhU

Neva 4get

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Scott Forstall posted:

loving that KB4549951 is killing our computers. might finally get the CFO, et al Windows hold-outs to finally just loving give it up and use a mac. windows is poison

Wow, that one is a doozy

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Metapod posted:

RHEL 8 is a piece of poo poo can't install rstudio to save its life

OTOH RHEL 8 is good and you're the piece of poo poo :thunk:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

mediaphage posted:

lmaooooooooo

such a shameful graph that no one is putting their name to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I always liked this version of Bliss, which I think I got from the old days of SA: