Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Is Microsoft Cool Again? Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I kinda wish normal iPhone app notifications (e.g. Snapchat) were forwarded to my Mac.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

like with their phone OS, instead of iterating or improving their QA team's process, they bailed and fired everyone from it lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

TjyvTompa posted:

there's this free software (it's free software) that helps you manage all the different settings hidden behind the registry and it's been updated for the fall update, it is called O&O ShutUp 10 and it's really good: https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

:c00l:

youre a dipshit

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

There Will Be Penalty posted:

i keep misreading it as fail creators update

you’re not misreading it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

what was the windows laptop everyone was crowing about recently? i have a friend who asked for a windows laptop reocmmendation and although it goes against my better judgement as an apple fuckboy, i want to give a reasonable recommendation

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

thanks for your windows advice everybody i appreciate it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

petition to change thread title to, "Windows Insider? more like micro soft inside 'er!"

hmm

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i installed the new windows 10.2 update, dont remember what its called on my imac's bootcamp partition. now it can't switch between usb audio headset and the internal speakers properly lol. it always goes to the usb headset no matter what.

i unplug the headset and get no audio at all.

microsoft love linux

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

can windows laptops sleep/wake properly when closed/opened yet? i rmember that was a huge pain in the rear end when i had one years ago

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

final windows 10 releases are actually beta releases, insider ring is alpha.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Fiedler posted:

Huh. Maybe they should think about hiring some people to do QA.

they'd just fire them again once the bugs were found and "fixed"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

close, its so they can make yammer themed beer pong tables

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i don't think there have been any DRM'd online music stores (download not streaming) in years

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

drm would have carried the day if ubiquitous internet access had arrived earlier, what won the day was convenience, and streaming, being hugely convenient, is clawing the ground back for drm

and, idk, rich white kid issue to worry about, it now feels like

depends on what you mean by ubiquitous internet access. if you mean ubiquitous wifi access points and wifi hardware in mp3 players, then yea i can see that.

drm really sucked poo poo for moving around music to different devices + players

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

doesn’t really sound like symlinks are a viable solution either

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

listen to me. microsoft will cancel xbox to focus on minecraft. you fools. you loving morons.

microsoft will name the next xbox "minecraft" running "minecraft OS"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

they'll codename their second-to-last OS "bedrock"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shaggar posted:

how is Microsoft responsible for python existing?

continuing to exist? theyre putting it into excel, the future historical equivalent of etching things onto cave walls

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

I was able to install MXE and get virtualjaguar compiling in WSL and get my Jaguar toolchain going in it. Cygwin is going into the dumpster

do the math:

Shaggar posted:

which is where you pulled it from in the first place.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the gamecube controller is the best, most comfortable controller ever designed

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pseudorandom name posted:

lol no the z trigger is actively painful to use

nope. what z trigger?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

there were two analog L + R triggers but z was a shoulder button. all modern consoles have copied nintendo's gamecube controller design

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

🤔🤔 is 2018 the year of microsoft being cool on the desktop again 🤔🤔

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

*stumbles in out of breath* r.. remember... guy.. got banned from SA.. *pant* he.. using ...webtv. *throws up*

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

battlelog was the one that ran in your web browser through a plugin right? when i played bf3 with a friend of mine it was possibly the worst server browser id ever used in a game and it would crash a lot

i have a hard time believing theres much worse

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

sweet new feature in the skype for business jan 2018 update, it tells you how terrible it is for mac right in the dock icon

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

have they tried wrapping the surface pro in a towel and slamming it on their desks?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

wouldn't it just be more efficient just to wrap it in a towel and beat it against another surface of some kind?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol RIP

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

remember when MS removed the start button in win 8? the thing they trained their users to click on for years and years lmao. whoops its gone! gently caress you!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Zamujasa posted:

wontfix: edge case

hehe

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yes i used a free trial and it sucked poo poo. it was extraordinarily slow

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

:psyduck:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

stardock and similar software will always have a market because microsoft consistently makes terrible decisions re: user experience

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sapozhnik posted:

gosh i really can't understand why anybody would refuse to upgrade to windows 10

it's really bad. win 10 really feels like it never left beta

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

infernal machines posted:

qa? gently caress that, let the devs test it!

why the gently caress are we paying people who can't program to work on software?

MS are morons. testing can't be fully automated until yo u can simulate humanity and their massive fuckups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol @ windows central's logo being a sinking ship version of the windows logo