Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DoktorLoken posted:

gently caress all these idiots who have no idea what it means to be an American. Freedom of speech and expression > your butthurt feels regarding symbols of the aforementioned rights.

The police types aren't mad about freedom of expression. The kneeling message is 100% about black people getting murdered by police with zero consequence. It's necessarily antagonistic to the people in the criminal justice system who perpetrate this.

It's very easy to see how they can say that this is an anti-police protest, because in a way it is. The systemic racism prevalent in the criminal justice system is the crux of the protest. Those that condone, endorse, and participate in said system are going to feel attacked because they're personally being protested against. The better solution would be for them to have some introspective, learn, and grow but loving :lol: if you think people collectively have any ability to self reflect especially guys who have decades of indoctrination?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Shep posted:

This is the shittiest post I've ever seen in all of cop threads. Congratulations.

"Muh systemic racism!" :derp:

I was just trying to justify why some cops are mad at Kaep and other NFL players for protesting. I wasn't trying to say all cops are bastards or anything, because I know it isn't the case. There are a lot of people inside the criminal justice system who perpetuate the bullshit. It isn't all cops. It's judges, prosecutors, etc as well.

If you feel personally attacked by what I said or what anyone is protesting, perhaps you are part of the problem and should work on that.

If you're trying to say that there isn't racism built into our CJ system by the people who administrate it, well, then :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well there you have it racism isn't real.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shep is a special snowflake. Most copgoons are pretty reasonable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reign Of Pain posted:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/are

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/our

Just fyi or did I miss some kind of SA secretive thingy about Are is a thing about something or other which is a thing i may or not be unaware of, maybe.

Old chevy commercials "this is our country" but said like "are"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reign Of Pain posted:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/are

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/our

Just fyi or did I miss some kind of SA secretive thingy about Are is a thing about something or other which is a thing i may or not be unaware of, maybe.

Old chevy commercials "this is our country" but said like "are"

Edit: thanks awful app

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

When I went to Spring Break in Cancun there were so many American 18-21 yearolds who really didn't know how to handle their booze and ended up on some corner being sick on themselves while their mates chanted 'Bukkake' and abused the Mexican barstaff, I kept seeing people do dumb poo poo like skull those alcoholic energy drinks at 6pm. By 11pm mostly only the Canadians and Europeans were left standing.

What I'm trying to say is you need to get better at drinking by starting early. Everyone in the UK has been fingered and shitfaced by 14.

Most people in the states have as well, but the majority of people in the states don't have enough money to vacation in cancun when they're 18-21.

You gotta remember that your type (wealthy people) have hosed over this country so bad that "middle class" doesn't really exist and the median income creeps closer and closer towards the poverty line.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

No, most teenagers in the states binge drink like motherfuckers, too. The majority of them aren't vacationing in cabo was my point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

No argument there. Can you get forties in the UK?what about stuff like MD 20/20, thunderbird, or night train? I think those are called fortified wines, but that might have just been a texas label.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

but what about my high gravity malt liquor?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shep didn't, though. He's wrong.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:rip: whip

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Smiling Jack posted:

:confused: what did I miss

Whip is doing cam shows to pay for school, I think.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Same for cleaning.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

e: ^^^^ :respek:

It's not exactly citizen's arrest. It's called shopkeeper's privilege in the common law but has been incorporated into most state statutes. It follows the basic rules of citizen's arrest, but is given a higher deference. The short of it is in basically all jurisdictions you can be detained by store personnel if you are suspected of shoplifting. There are limits that vary per jurisdiction, of course, but it is pretty much universal iirc.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've watched that over and over again and I'm dying each time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

First time i’ve seen it with audio and it’s even better.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Shep posted:

Says the guy who worked as some kind of golf cart cop for $10/hr

my nephew got into a jobs program that got him his GED and allowed him to pick any trade school they offered to take for 6 months. He picked "protective services" because the electrician work was boring.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I did my best to do so through facebook but he’s 1500 miles away. I tried to explain that mall cop training was going to be less beneficial than literally anything else he could have learned (electrician apprenticeship, computer touching, etc) towards getting into the marines or an LEO job.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I tried to explain all of that to him, but he’s 19, 10 foot tall, and bulletproof. At least he isn’t dating a woman 3 years older than him with 3 kids (none his).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Courtesy of the UFC thread in PSP.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhrud18HzWX/?hl=en&taken-by=thebeastufc

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GunForumMeme posted:

Bernard,

How does one successfully navigate a live in girlfriend getting a pet without getting cucked? Asking for a friend.

Respectfully,
GFM

How could he answer that question? You should be asking someone who has actually done so rather than someone who lost his gal to a 1.5 lbs sack of fur and poo poo.

Here’s how you navigate it - make sure it’s a dog and congrats you have a dog now. As long as it isn’t a macau, you’re pretty much set.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GunForumMeme posted:

I'd rather ask him than ask someone with survivor bias.

It's a cat. Which is fine by me. Cause I don't have time for a dog.

Oh that poo poo is easy then. Cats are pet easy mode. Keep the litter box clean. Keep food in the bowl. Voila you’re done with cats.

Speaking of, i gutted an old couch and turned it into a giant cat tower. Hector loves it. Build extravagant poo poo for your cat to climb and they’ll be happy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That’s why I got my balls snipped.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mrs. Beanie we miss you post more.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hey baby lets go to florence and no I'm not going to tell you why we're going

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I do know a number of women who would really enjoy calcio. I sincerely doubt they're your type, though.

I can imagine that conversation. "you brought me to florence for what? football fighting?!"

Thanks for the laughs, bernard.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

When she said 'O my God, why are they hitting eachother' the beer came out of my nose.

I think maybe I just need to grow up a bit.

:lol:

Did you know she was expecting a proposal at that point?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Victor Vermis posted:

Bernard getting dumped for watching Italians slug it out instead of planning a vacation around a marriage proposal is the funniest thing I've seen in GiP since n4i started using the subforum as a surrogate hate-golem for his stupid chud dad who he's afraid to talk to.

But sure,

Kick 'em the gently caress out.

I laughed, too.

E: But jerry has money he can re-reg anytime. he knew he was being a jackass. just pay the taxman and come on back.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GunForumMeme posted:

Obviously you don't know cops that well as the kid would be at the mom's since she'd have primary physical custody.

:lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This thread is ok and doesn’t need to go anywhere.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

uncle w benefits posted:

Is there a thread for Christians on this forum that isn't glowing white hot from hot takes? Legit surprised and have never known of one.

Where is it?

The christianity thread in A/T is pretty decent if you’re a christian. Lots of pretty architecture in there, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Victor Vermis posted:

Add the reference

Not seeing a reference

Beanieson got really drunk at a wedding where a guy was the “man of honor” and really was having a good time telling us about it and loving with him. Gave him an “always the bridesmaid” flag or something for a picture. He also intimated that he had been flirting with a coworker pretty heavily.

A week or so later we find out Mrs. Beanie had been reading the forums on their computer after he left for work or whatever. Since then the running joke is she killed him, and then has been posting as him as a cover story and the pergola she built in the back yard is hiding the body.

Beanie is a detective but couldn’t figure out why his last read was always cleared out even if he hadn’t read all the new posts yet.