Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I agree that the ambassador change was a bit much (the range should be lengthened I'm) but the Dr was a loving cancer and I'm glad it's been nerfed to death.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The paints would be cool if they were applied to an item, and didn't create a new version of it. It really kills my interest in getting any.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I prefer the bomber for demoman primary TBH but all of his stuff is to taste.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Otacon posted:

Thanks all, definitely knew I missed a few

I think I've used the Iron Bomber for all of 5 minutes when it was first released, and I typically don't see many Demo's running it... how do you use it differently compared against the standard grenade launcher?

The balls don't bounce so you know exactly where they're going to land even if you miss, and you can work that together with stickies to funnel people to death traps really well.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Roth posted:

I just don't like the amount of stuns in Overwatch, and I don't think there's a single character in TF2 less fun to play against or even have on your team than Mei.

Mei is an rear end in a top hat but her ability to control a battlefield is really unique and fun. Unfortunately Blizzard doesn't know what map design is so every single map is wide arena > chokepoint > wide arena.

God the map design in overwatch was hot loving trash how did I play it for so long

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also getting good with the shotgun makes you better with 4/9 classes, 5 if you count heavy.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The big difference between C and D is how long a map takes. If you're an alright map but you overstay your welcome constantly you're bad.

I loving loathe powerhouse, it's an overwatch map that managed to escape that bad game and get into TF2 and matches always last 50 years

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If this has shown me anything though I should probably give mvm and mannpower a shot.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I always went backburner / shotgun / hammer. I prefer to flank enemies as the pyro and the crits let you ignore the weird damage ramp.

e: that video actually explains why I play pyro the way I do. I never even realized it

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 24, 2019

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

sniper or scout probably.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Ricardo hat for the soldier is great, and I like the heavy hairstyle they added.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is the perfect leadin to tf3.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Personally I just hope I get home before they fix it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress the hat barons and their stupid fiefdoms. It's time they learned a very valuable lesson about how markets work.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also you're going to sit here and tell me, with a straight face, that the hat barons aren't making a ton of money off of crate sales during this whole thing? gently caress right off. I bet they did that and are waiting for the reversal since they'd get to keep crate sales income.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The item servers are down :(

Hopefully I can pawn off this crate when it opens back up before the price craters

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It was, it was in 82 or 85, one of the affected crates.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

A price crash is actually better for valve anyway; most people do unusual trading in grey markets for cash. No one is going to try to find a middleman if their hat is only worth like $15-20, they'll just use the market, and valve gets a cut there.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Just buy hats, almost everything is like two ref or less now.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Araxxor posted:

what the gently caress happened to keys and metal?

the slow march of time.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Countblanc posted:

heres an old video of emron singing and joe talking about orzo's config if anyone wants to remember what 2009 was like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uq7B96CvsY

e: lol i forgot it has xizk getting a headshot too. it truly is the LCs experience

memories~~

DizzyBum posted:

Stupid maps and servers were so much fun.

I still fondly remember the 4CHAN PARTY VAN. No really, hear me out. It wasn't racist/nazi/pedo poo poo, it was just the absolute dumbest maps and mods, and a huge selection of sound clips you could use for chat.

Party Van was mario kart, right? that map was amazingly dumb

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So I've been playing with the pyro items trying to do the contract because I've been bored lately and lmao these are all incredibly terrible items

I can't believe how bad the gas passer is, and the dragon's fury is almost totally unusable. I don't understand why they made these items.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

my big issue with the dragon's fury is the fact that your projectile is both a projectile and also made of particles, which is like, specifically designed to gently caress up because of tf2's netcode. I hate this flamethrower.

e: I do find it extremely funny that in this, the pyro update, the pyro got a ton of extremely lovely gimmick items, meanwhile the joke item the heavy got is literally one of his best items

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 11, 2019

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The jetpack owns on Hightower

Yeah the jetpack ended up being the only item from the pack that seemed at all useful; the mobility lets ambush pyros really shine, even if it comes at a cost of losing your ranged option.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Otacon posted:

which was the one where everyone is trapped inside a permanently rotating cube and everyone just went heavy and held down Mouse1

I think that's CP_whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Also I finished the pyro stuff. The hot hand is actually super good for a silly gimmick weapon. Not enough to use it over his other options but it's not like, shamefully bad like the other items in the pack.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I really like the Dragon's Fury. It's got better range than the flamethrower, no ramp-up, and it's consistent -- I know how much damage I'll be dealing with it. Compare this to the flamethrower, to where the damage ramp-up will reset randomly, or fail to accrue if the target is against a wall, or a million other reasons. Of course, if you can't aim, then you're hosed, which is a bigger deal than usual given that part of the point of pyro is trading the need to aim for a much higher dependence on positioning.

I mean you're also constantly gambling with source's particle and projectile hitboxes, not to mention that you lose the ability to spycheck easily. I'd rather have the flamethrower's weird rampup issues rather than the engine going "gently caress you, you miss, respawn"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lmao come on you can't just turn /v/ memes into items! th-

oh the dancing doe, right

e: lmao

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The crates from the contracts aren't marketable this year, which means there's really no reason to play unless you want to since you can't make money from hat barons / gambling addicts unless you're valve

I bought a key and got the pocket halloween boss, immediately remembering why I stopped buying keys

Also some dude I was in a server with opened forty boxes and I got the itch

e: the pocket halloween boss's ghost version paints the hat, you can't carry around a small green ghost. This item fuckin sucks!!!

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 11, 2019

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They really need to do a pass on what's halloween only and what isn't.

Also I saw warpy in the wild! It was cool. I miss the LCs.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Precipice mapper retire bitch

The remade map is somehow worse, it's even easier to lock down A as red.

also I really wish the vaccinator would get nerfed, i loving hate that gun

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've been playing tf2 more often lately and boy the vaccinator might be one of the worst items in the entire game, it only exists to make the other team have less fun.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ctf_2bine

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Craig K posted:

"here's your hats idiots now gently caress off until late 2020"

These hats are all incredibly terrible and ugly

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

icefrog also has a better idea of balance than like 99% of people working in competitive gaming right now, so

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really wish they'd give the black box a floor to its healing, it's an incredibly lovely rocket launcher when you don't pair it with the conch. I wouldn't mind them nerfing the conch and buffing the box.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Honestly if they were to do a full pass over the code and all the models to make the game run super well and call it tf3 i'd be okay with that, I think.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

the granary rollout as soldier is still something I find extremely fun, I love doing it on pub servers because I can beat almost everyone else to the cap

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Man you got so lucky, that's the only good hat in that entire crate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If you're good at soldier those skills transfer over pretty well, since you're already trained to predict movement. I've had some sick crossbow saves.