Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
The Prodigal Son returns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I haven't even been able to queue for a casual match yet, the queue header pops up but then immediately goes away. Guess I'll just wait on a surf server until this all works lol

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

quote:

Updated the autobalance feature to more quickly respond to team imbalances
Will select the best candidates to balance the teams then ask the candidates for volunteers
If no volunteers are found, candidates will be switched when they die
If no candidates die within a reasonable period of time, candidates will be forcibly switched to the other team
Did they just fully revert the autobalance system?

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

ArfJason posted:

anyway, this blindpyro guy who is extremely good at the beggar's bazooka released this video some days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njMUN51mLFA
Literally yelling at my loving screen at some of those clips

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Wake me up when there's a tierlist for surf maps

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

ArfJason posted:

That's because surf is a cs game mode, not this lovely cheap knockoff.
What the gently caress... surf isnt to cs like bhop maps are, surf is fun anywhere

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

flatluigi posted:

and here I was hoping the game was dead enough that people would stop pulling that bullshit
If anything it's more likely to happen the deader a game is. It reminds me of the story about the single guy who made Titanfall 1 literally unplayable

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
"How it feels to play medic" already exists and it is truly something to be felt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07oKaWzJ13Q

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Well gently caress them with a rusty rake then

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

ArfJason posted:

i miss that one gigantic gif of the sniper slow mo laughing while on fire
thankfully you can still watch the whole video it's from (1:31)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtPuPumZBuE

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Oh poo poo internet archive actually had the old gif saved

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/DailyTF2Memes/status/1359616523309056006

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

It's not perfect but it's worlds better than the current rules where it's either ignore the objective entirely or the match ends stupid fast
In a perfect world the teams would just autoscramble on the next round if it's a complete steamroll with everyone playing until the server map time runs out instead of the map just ending and everyone immediately leaving

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
The only change sniper should need is to not be able to headshot while flinching. Suddenly every major complaint I can think of about sniper has a valid way of dealing with it.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Roth posted:

That will definitely go over well for the class that is the second most targeted class in the game
You're right, it would! It'd make not being an open target a needed skill and add an actual way to fight hackers. Forcing snipers to reload wouldn't solve any issue that happens the other 90% of the time they can shoot

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I don't even consider it a nerf, it's an aspect of gameplay that already happens (headshotting while flinching is already really difficult) but is made consistent. Flinching is real short iirc, if you're under enough constant fire that you are flinching 100% of the time you're already effectively nullified. I didn't mean to make it sound like it's just to nerf for combat hacking

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
me when its MAY FIRST
https://twitter.com/everymonthfirst/status/1653006351566766081

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Reiley posted:

Don't worry, he said "greatest fans in the world". He's not talking about MOBAs.
Odessa Cubbage fans are finally being heard :hellyeah:

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
this just reminded me of a really wholesome conspiracy theory i once heard: valve intentionally made the tomislav OP on launch (75% faster windup!) so that more people would buy it from the store because one of the cocreators was actually 15 yrs old when the weapon got added, so they were getting the kid more residuals

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
If touching the intel just to reset the clock is a problem, then my idea is to (very subtly!!!) make the time to pick up the intel inversely proportional to the return timer. 1 tick as normal when recently dropped, to under a second when it's about to expire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

khwarezm posted:

Now they should add two more cosmetics slots.
genuinely they should let you equip as many medals as possible