Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Squashy Nipples posted:

Wait... is this thread a honeypot? Are assholes actually coming here for serious debate?

It's the same guy, and the greedy and sneering "have fun being poor" tone is even funnier coming on the heels of the pious "I have moved beyond material desires for money and wealth and lambos" essays he was writing during last year's bear market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Mood swings pegged to fluctuations in BTC-USD, chaotic

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Vampire Panties posted:

is there a way to short bitcoin that doesnt involve more bitcoin

You can short the ETFs, but you still have same fundamental problem that the price discovery the ETFs are tracking is largely happening on unregulated exchanges that don't prohibit manipulation of the price.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

VitalSigns posted:

It's the same guy, and the greedy and sneering "have fun being poor" tone is even funnier coming on the heels of the pious "I have moved beyond material desires for money and wealth and lambos" essays he was writing during last year's bear market

he also has opinions on aoc

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc

MechaCrash posted:

The meltdown posts remind of a point I once saw made that social media broke a lot of billionaire's brains because it proved to them that no matter how much money they have, they can't buy people's love and respect, and hearing "you can't buy this" drove them completely loving insane.

cross-reference the elon musk thread (at your own peril of receiving significant psychic damage)

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

FUNDS ARE SAFU

Nothing to see here

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

AutismVaccine posted:

FUNDS ARE SAFU

Nothing to see here

Running_dad.jpg

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Seven Force posted:

he also has opinions on aoc

Am I supposed to know which coin that is

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
stop talking about the bitcoinman

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Boxturret posted:

stop talking about the bitcoinman

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

unsubscibe

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
nuke the thread, it's the only way to be sure

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

syntaxfunction posted:

Like tbh if I meet someone who tells me they "invest" in crypto I kind of want to encourage them, while warning off everyone else. You can't change their minds, hell even their stonkers going to $0 doesn't do that, they just go "a clearly I picked the wrong horse, time to repeat elsewhere", so keeping people off crypto in the first place is a much better time and energy expenditure imo.

Ain't this the truth. I've had a lifelong friendship drift slowly apart because my buddy was deep into the crypto rabbit hole. Nothing to do except smile and nod, and offer condolences when he's got tens of thousands tied up in shitcoin bankruptcy proceedings.

gay picnic defence posted:

You'd probably get away with that on a crypto exchange

Of course you probably wouldn't get the proceeds of your option sales either so...

Substantial chance you'll never be able to extract trading proceeds in spendable cash from a crypto exchange in any event.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
From the YOSPOS musk thread, I felt its appropriate to post here because this is how I picture bitcoinman

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Bitcoin has become 4x as annoying now that Wall Street has its eyes on it with ETFs.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe he should get glasses with worse reflection or stop taking pics with such good resolution* that reflections are good enough to do some CSI poo poo.

*i thought social media stuff went through compression, does twitter blue allow for better uploading?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 27, 2024

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Elias_Maluco posted:

Is good to remind that, winners or losers, rich or poor, cryptobros are always disgusting assholes

lol seraph isn't perma'd specifically because of his opinions on bitcoin

Nov 6, 2002

Elias_Maluco posted:

From the YOSPOS musk thread, I felt its appropriate to post here because this is how I picture bitcoinman

This guy was a gimmick. He was wearing the reflective shades on purpose to elicit these responses.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This guy was a gimmick

Arent they all

How!
Oct 29, 2009

If you accidentally got like .7 BTC theoretically what would you do with it haha just asking for a friend

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Hold onto it so I could become ruler of North America after USD collapses

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

How! posted:

If you accidentally got like .7 BTC theoretically what would you do with it haha just asking for a friend
Post about how I will inherit the earth from the unwashed masses of Something awful

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

How! posted:

sell asap

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
easily exchange it for goods and/or services using the trustless ledger of the future

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

How! posted:

donate it to sci-hub who actually need it

cruft posted:

Is this cryptocurrency bullshit still happening? The thread's been kind of quiet, maybe that means there's a hot new way to destroy the planet :ohdear:

the new way to destroy the planet is AI and they even make all the same terrible excuses that we've heard for years from coiners. OpenAI will promote nuclear energy!! (* by requiring so much loving power)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

How! posted:

You can buy burritos from Meze Grill or some purestrain silver on Bitcointalk

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

How! posted:

Sell it and lol as the market crashes due to not having enough liquidity to cover it

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

You can buy burritos from Meze Grill

bruce says this is fud

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
SBF sentencing hearing thread: https://x.com/innercitypress/status/1773340043744010640?s=20

This will be good for buttcoin

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1773350456141472024?t=8K8N-Uy9dBI8vefgRB_MYQ&s=19

Life in prison.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1773347397181092141

lol

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1773356442629574987

The famed vegan defense.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yep, nerds have never committed any crimes. Total impossibility. Defense checks out.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
"Your honor, my client must be allowed to spread his seed."

https://x.com/innercitypress/status/1773359555864354825?s=20

Nov 6, 2002

He still doesn't care/understand what is crime was.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1773362925417210294

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

lol, is this what an “off the chart intellect” looks like?

Buttcoin

Nov 6, 2002

This is amazing. He went on a long diatribe blaming everyone else while saying out of the side of his mouth "well I was the CEO so I suppose it WAS my fault", and then wraps it up saying it's all good cause there's enough crypto for everyone to get their money back.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1773365164722536675

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, is this what an “off the chart intellect” looks like?

Buttcoin

Yep! When it comes to emotional intelligence and empathy his intellect drops to 0.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

"pay no attention to your previous finding i committed perjury, and the incredibly clear statements from everyone that in fact ftx and alameda were incredibly insolvent and still are today" is, uh, a defense i gues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

The book "Number Go Up" is a wonderful setup to this glorious live experience. SBF is on record as saying that the real problem was "double accounting" (recording one deposit twice across his two companies), so like what's the big deal nobody actually got hurt why are judges so meeaaannn.