Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ham Sandwiches, this is lawyer. Buy the bitcoins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has Sandwiches bought any God drat coins already? Or is he still a spineless liar?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I advise everyone to start making transactions now, while they are still relatively cheap. Just send random amounts of bitcoins to random addresses and then sell your transactions to people who actually want to send bits to that address.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

amotea posted:

Can you cancel a transaction to unfuck yourself when e.g. you've accidentally tried to transfer all your funds with 0 fee?

What next? Chargebacks? This is actually extremely good that you can't cancel your transaction.

My question is is it theretically possible to pay miners so they DON'T approve your transaction?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUPqZGQyBw8

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

scott zoloft posted:

i'm diversifying my cryptos now. if i wanted to sell some of my btc to buy eth or ltc, it would make the most sense to just trade BTC for LTC or ETH, right? and not BTC for cash, then cash for ETH or LTC?

Buy bitcoins.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So does he donate actual bitcoins or cashes out each million and sends dollars?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

What do you think

Well, I don't know. I'm too lazy to read his website. But considering that cashing out a million dollars is probably not an easy thing to do, he just donates bitcoins. But why/how do charities accept bitcoins?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

divabot posted:

Quite a few set up a merchant account with Coinbase or Bitpay so they never have to touch the poop.

Still a bit unusual. I donate to different charities quite regularly, and I don't think even one accepted bits.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What would be the way monetise my farts? They also harm the environment, so I there must be someone willing to invest.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Sandwiches, buy bit coin.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ok real quick lets go back and see what I posted

Where do you see the word hacked smart guy lmao

Acquire crypto.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The number goes up. What do you not understand? Bigger number is gooder number, and number get bigger, get gooder. Big good number.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If bitcoin bad, how number go up? Bad never get big number. Bitcoin. Good.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Why I not buy bitcoin? Well, I'm a gigantic idiot, apparently.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

wide stance posted:

In related news, turns out the whole Tulip bubble thing is fake history.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/there-never-was-real-tulip-fever-180964915/

If you didn't have an immediate hunch that that sort of thing could never have actually happened in reality then your brain is underdeveloped.

Huh, according to the article, Bitcoin is even more similar to tulips. Especially in that when the bubble bursts, there won't be any lasting consequences for global economy, lmao.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
1 bitcoin = 1 prayer

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

let it mellow posted:

clocked the link

that names real close to the dude that killed a chick in Aruba, and now he’s gonna kill the butt coins

Bitcoiner names remain the greatest thing about Bitcoin.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ur mum's a bubble

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's over guys. Bitcoin has won.

https://office-watch.com/2017/excel-to-support-bitcoin/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You know, I wanted to suggest updating the price in the thread title, but I guess we can just wait a week or two for it to become relevant again instead.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Transfer to Litecoin then sell it off immediately. Move your BTC Cash to another exchange and rinse repeat, or let it ride if you want to keep gambling. Don't worry about fees since you basically just found a bunch of money in your jean's pocket.

Do not rinse, and do not repeat. Get money and be happy with that.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Moxxis Endowment posted:

Lol 1.7 mil isn't anywhere enough money to do "whatever you want", especially when you're only in your late 20s. A condo in my city alone will eat nearly half that.

You must be terribly bad with money. Which might explain your interest in bitcoins.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol because soon the thread's title will be factual again.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Harveygod posted:

e: Beaten! :sassargh:

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

nice! [goddamnit]

Nice.

Nice!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Bitcoin is at $6000. WTF!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Coins, much like time, are flat circles.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

jon joe posted:

*rushes in thread as quick as he can*

1. Did anyone make the thread title joke?!
2. Has a bitcoiner said the us economy is crashing BECAUSE bitcoin is crashing, yet?!
3. Surely nobody could have come up with the very original “now’s the time to buy!” joke, right?!

Fat chance. No-one's here could even say 'buttcoin'.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WhatEvil posted:

Hey guys did anybody come in and ask if anybody came in and asked if the obvious jokes had been done yet yet?

Yes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

He posted his opinion on Blockchain, in a post not addressed to me, why exactly do you think that I should respond to it? That's what he thinks of Blockchain. He's entitled to his beliefs.

the NIST guide is a pretty good summary of Blockchain and there's a decent reference to link people when they ask about it in the future

Buy some bitcoins while they are cheap, you fuckwit.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has this been already posted?

quote:

We find approximately one-quarter of Bitcoin users and one-half of Bitcoin transactions are associated with illegal activity. Around $72 billion of illegal activity per year involves Bitcoin, which is close to the scale of the US and European markets for illegal drugs.

https://thenextweb.com/cryptocurrency/2018/02/07/study-44-of-bitcoin-transactions-are-for-illegal-activities/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Every time someone mentions binance, I think of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvbtcCpWf-w

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Was just searching for jobs and found this online.

Should I bite?

If they ask you to show your portfolio, just drop your pants and point to your crotch.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

wide stance posted:

I have no choice but to do this now too.

You know what, I had nothing better to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGMm5jl9rog

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Regrettable posted:

Especially since literally no one here thought it would hit $0.

Even beanie babies are still worth something today, lmao.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Risc1911 posted:

Steven Seagal and his BITCOiiN

https://bitcoiin.com/

It's Bitcoin 2.0.

E: I've asked their support guy if they deliver coins to the UK, and the answer is yes!

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 21, 2018

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Here's my full conversation with their support guy called 'Sam'

quote:

Sam
Hello, would you like to talk about how to proceed further?

Me
Yes
Hello
I would like to purchase some coins

Sam
Sure
did you manage to register in our website already?

Me
No, not yet. Do you deliver to the UK?

Sam
Yes
we cater globally

Me
That's brilliant

Sam
to become the part of the next generation of the Bitcoin there are only 3 steps :
Step 1: Sign up with Bitcoiin 2Gen.
Step 2: Activate your Bitcoiin2Gen account by verifying your email, please find the activation link in your registered email inbox or spam folder.
Step 3: Once you signed in you will be able to so see your Dashboard, the next step for you would be to purchase some tokens (B2G) from your investment dashboard. below the dashboard, you have options to buy B2G by Bitcoin, Ether and Credit Cards. During our ICO period, the price for 1 B2G is $5.
Once you complete the payment and the transaction is confirmed, tokens will be added to your balance automatically.

Me
Okay, I'll give it a go.

Sam
sure2

Me
But is there any warranty period on those coins?

Sam
you can email me at Sam@bitcoiin.com if you need assitance
once you made a payment it will be automatically converted in to B2G coins
and after 33 days
we will be in all major exchange
by that time you can trade it to any crypto coins or convert it to fiat currency

Me
That's wonderful. Will I be able to convert to Shmeckels?

Sam
our conservative estimation after 33 days from $5 it will be around 15-$20 dollars per coin

Me
That's not bad at all.

Sam
yeah actually and it depends also in the market
but as of now
based on the demand
it will be higher that the estimated price

Me
Is there a way for me to print my coins for a cold storage?

Sam
no sir, once it will be live
you will have your own wallet
where you can store all the B2G coins

Me
Ah, makes sense

Sam
if you need any assistance just email me at Sam@bitcoiin.com

Me
Thank you very much.

Sam
My pleasure sir! hope to hear from you soon

It's definitely not a terrible scam, imo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Old Musky could have stopped all wars on this planet, but INSTEAD he did something that may prove to be useful in a hundred years. Very troubling. And this, while all other billionaires spend all their money to help humanity.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how will it be useful?

Hm, yes, there are zero uses to space, I type using my fast internet connection. Time to watch the latest episode of my favourite TV show on HBO. It's so nice that we can transfer information so fast by pigeons and smoke signals, what a world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how does an electronic car in space do any of that?

Lol, Soviets have launched some dumb ball that beeps. Ha-ha, loving idiots, what does it even do? Just spins there in space and bleeps. What a waste.