Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

more please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m not an expert but I don’t think that is a Chinese woodcut.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

money literally comes from the government.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is the popularity of politically rejoining China in Taiwan ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is also why the USA was never going to invade Iran

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the original top gun was not nationalistic ???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

has China or India ever invaded the other.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in good news, the people of the prc have realized that American education is absolute garbage and are ceasing to subsidize football stadiums with the hilariously overinflated international tuition

https://twitter.com/yan_alpinemacro/status/1657499903927435264?s=61&t=ekRyXxBjaNIALwWgK2O6xQ

interesting that that was going down even before covid

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there was a lot of East Germans concentrated there in another city also called Berlin

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe they are calculating unemployment differently.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blunt force regulation hahaha

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s not abnormal to remake popular stories / musicals.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wasnt it just a weather balloon. Why would they need a spy balloon. They have spy satellites.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think that is why Fentanyl is so big.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol that google search says when searching “fentanyl” that China makes it and sends it to the USA though Mexico as a fact

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

incredible

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that can’t be real

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m getting pretty immune to hot takes but that is a real good one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve read a lot of the classics and they don’t need to be taught

western classics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Chinese markets have much more competition. The car market especially is one where manufacturers in the west get serious government support to keep going, thus lessening market pressure to deliver a good vehicle.

While the Chinese state wants there to be Chinese car manufacturers, it both doesn't give a gently caress which ones are the succesful ones and doesn't want any of them to gain a dominant position in the market which it could use to effectuate anti-competitive or even political power.

So Chinese engineers need to deliver excellent value for money vehicles filled with features consumers want. Western, Japanese and South Korean manufacturers not so much.

Incidentally, this kind of market, free from monopoly power, is exactly the kind of market Smith and Ricardo etc were talking about when they wrote about a "free market", and they envisioned the state's role as primarily creating such a market and keeping it free from monopoly power. Turns out a market like that actually is pretty good at creating innovation and value for consumers. But it requires a state beholden to the working class (whom are also the consumers, incidentally) and not the capitalist class, for else state power will be wielded to reinforce rather than break up monopoly power.

yeah the inversion of the meaning of free market is sad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

well earned scolding

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Biden doesn’t care about domestic support

I think he’s just racist

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the senate must approve treaties and ambassadors but other wise the president does have a lot of unilateral power in theory. trump did not seem to tho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dictator is just a slur liberals use for governments they don’t like

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

English have a special hatred for communism and only very very reluctantly turned on Germany

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

has anyone ever gotten rich making clothes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how much of Asia’s population lives at or near sea level ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s so stupid

they have satellites with which to spy on the USA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what happened to the rabbit in the beginning of the video ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the change from film to digital cameras happened without needed enormous regulatory changes and social investment in new infrastructure . I don’t know if it’s comparable

also Ice ve battery does the same thing. it gets you from a to b in the same amount of time. digital photography is a whole new level of what you can do with pictures and changes the experience drastically

film to digital camera is like going from walking or riding a horse to a car on a highway

euphronius has issued a correction as of 13:03 on Jul 12, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the USA could have done all that too. very disheartening

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how different is American Chinese food from food in China ? I know China is enormous and diverse .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

hard to feel any sympathy for them, they just let bin laden hang out like that. it would have put a real hamper on the war on terror if they just turned him over after tora bora.

turned him over to who ? for what

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think all they have to do now is figure out what to do with the high energy neutrons and fusion is a wrap. good news. vast carbon recapture is going to happen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hopefully Xi will use fusion to clean the atmosphere of excess carbon as a gift to humanity.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why is immoral in scare quotes?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

cultural genocide

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol that these transcripts include all his mumbling gently caress ups

they never did that to trump lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did you know Xi lived in the most American house imaginable in Iowa???