Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
That's a nice high-effort op, shame about the game being dead though. :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

What's your lag looking like on Harby? You getting the massive lag that everyone is unsubscribing for today?

I'm playing at 21ms as we speak and the only thing dragging me down is the amount of Conquest scrubbies in the queue when there isn't even any freaking Conquest.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah, no one reads notes that there's no Conquest until mergers. Sigh.

Oh...I see they did or are moving the WC servers to the EC. I'm in Texas with a 600 mbps connection so that's neither here nor there for me.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Class changes for 5.6. Mostly decent. The Mara changes will lower the floor on the hardest spec but lower it's ceiling as well. Mando defensives about a 30% nerf overall. PT and Sin for Ranked are now Tank or gtfo.

Lol at the Sorc defensive changes though. If you want to fix Sorc defensives it's simple: for Madness have Barrier heal ~5% per second, for Lightning have Phase Walk reset the cd on Unnatural Preservation. Change Corrupted Barrier to remove redundancies.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

People are raising hell about the Carnage changes, and I get it - but let's be honest, the amount of people that take advantage of clipping are outweighed by the number of people that may give Carnage a try with it dumbed down a bit.

Yeah for like 2% of PvE'ers it's a dps loss, for everyone else and PvP it's a wash. You lose the potential of a third attack but don't have to worry about CC or losing your target. This was a change I proposed like two years ago when asked what I'd change.

quote:

Mercenary defensives are still going to be pretty strong, but that's a good start. As long as people keep hitting them when they have energy shield up they'll still have an advantage.

The reflect is still dumb but at least Mando defenses aren't quite as fire-and-forget anymore. They've got low mobility so they're easy to los, it just gets to be a slog when you have 2+ of 'em sitting on an objective.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Second Sun posted:

How do the story decisions work? If I make one, do a few more chapters, then go back and replay the chapter making different decisions, which will be used?

Your original decisions stick. It doesn’t really matter though since very few decisions affect anything beyond the chapter you make them in.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/928335173795663872

Chances of playing much today are looking slim.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Harby (or Satele or whatever) is alive and well. Insta queues at 6 am CST, already knocked out my PvP weekly.

Didn't lose any names even the lvl 1's I've been sitting on.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

There's been word that they're adding a new level 70 Token that can be used on any character to instantly level them to 70 without losing quest status, that'll be nice!

Now this is something I would definitely use. Get done with capital planet, zip to 70, and finish the story at my leisure in-between queue pops. Also handy for when the invariably bring back Kira, Ashara, Nadia, et al and I've been running around the galaxy with Lana in the meantime.

What would be really neat is to be able to go back to the starter planet and reset the class missions on an established character.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

nonentity posted:

I also gave it a droid pal to hang out with you while in combat.

If you do Armor/know the Armor people any chance of more of the armored robe look i.e. Valiant Jedi, Sith Recluse? Uhhh of the hood down variety.

Also if anyone here plays Sorc and takes Lightning Barrier know that I hate you and everything you stand for.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

My fiance lost one of his character names, but all he added was a surname and it accepted it.

I find this story dubious as the whiners on the official forums who lost their names for not being subscribed have assured that there are absolutely no names available.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
The best name for me will always be the Jedi Knight Starwars of the Starwars legacy. No spaces or special characters even. :psyduck:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Sounds like a lot of content coming next month.

First I'm hearing about a new WZ. Can't wait for that skip-to-lvl-70-without-advancing-the-story token.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I might spread my seed over to Satele Shan while it's cheap.

lol don't get your precious feelings hurt glancing at general chat now and then.

My new favorite PvP insult is to accuse people of being transfers from "that RP server," it really gets under people's skin.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

It’s been Extremely Bad since the election. My favorite pvp insult that I got was “gently caress your legendary title”

MMO general chat has always been Extremely Bad. It just blows my mind that people get so agitated by what some random rear end in a top hat is saying in general.

It’s like people going apeshit about having to take ten seconds to delete credit seller emails. Get some real problems.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
heh I'm just the opposite I've got absolutely no problem deleting any character except my Shadow and Sorc who are my title/pet/etc whores.

I've always had a handful of PvP chars otherwise just delete 'em when they get to max lvl and start again. I've slowed down in 5.0 though since I don't want to delete GC 300 chars and lowbie PvP is dead. I've now got 12 chars at GC 300 with 4 more to go to have one of each AC both Imp and Pub.

Also you forgot the Ranked flairs. :heysexy:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

It's especially bad because I was playing with some people on Shadowlands off and on since TNG has been largely dead, so I had 3 or 4 characters that were exact duplicates of my characters on JC (same names, look, etc). Now with the merges I have quite a few characters there's no need to use at all anymore. I think I'm going to shuffle the clones off to Hot Satele while transfers are cheap, I have a few friends that play off and on there.

lol the Mara I'm lvling now I've deleted and restarted twice now when he was above lvl 40. The first time I wanted to change his look and the second I wanted to change my decision to spare Yonlach on Tatooine.

Of course it helps that I absolutely love the Warrior story...it's like a classic movie I can watch over and over.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
5.6 Patch Notes are up.

Lots of goodness. Legacy credits. Much needed Merc and Sniper nerfs. Legendary-grade augments. And Hammer Station nerfed lol.

Also, finally, BoL UCs. I've got around 1200 grade 4 crates to open tomorrow.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

new ones that only drop in Master Mode Operations and GC crates, and another from PVP.

Sounds good I've got 3 248 Tanks and 3 248 Healers to grind MM's, the already mentioned ~1200ish crates, and lol at PvP gating anything for me. If they use the current Grade 10 mats I've got like 2000 Isotopes and ~250 each of Resource Matrices and VMC's.

A new tier of gear always gets me excited, especially Augments since Bolster ignores them so they're a straight up power increase.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

Bolster owns. Makes jumping into PvP every now and then without having the gear grind fun for a PvE primary player. Getting nearly insta'd when facing uber PvP geared nerds sucked.

It's a good change for PvP'ers too...I no longer have to worry about crystal-geared goobers who have twice the HP but die in twice as fewer hits.

If you have sub-242 gear, no Set Bonus, and no Augments you're still talking about a ~25% discrepancy in power though. Edit: when compared to a fully Augmented 248 character.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

The only current rare mat they use is Iokath Recombinators. With 1200 crates you'll have to let me know how many of the new mats you get.

1180 crates got me 7200 UC's, 18 Encrypted Memory Cores, and 36 Charged Matter Transomethinganothers. Enough for 7 Augments, didn't expect them to be that rare. Haven't 100% crunched the numbers but even with my headstart I figure a month to kit out my Sorc, much less if you get a Memory Core every MM FP. I've also now got more Command Boosts than I know what to do with and over 10,000 Command Tokens with nothing to spend them on.

Also hallelujah you can now just pick Planetary Missions from a list.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Logged out for dinner and have now been sitting in a queue for SS for 25 minutes now. :psyduck:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah and I think it's actually a queue, and not the system crashing as per usual.

It's definitely counting down, gone from 180 to 120 in about 45 minutes now. Too scared to log in/out to see if it's a bug tho.

Where do I pay Coins to move to the front of the line?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

You can now choose which planetary missions you want to do (no more roulette until you get Ziost)

Yeah :iia: Best most competent change since making Ravage instant. Also Nar Shaddaa still auto completes for my Pub characters so that's even better.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
hmm I was mistaken and thought the new Augments cost 2 Memory Cores and 4 Matter Transwhatsits but it's 1 and 2 so I had enough from my initial crate opening to craft a full set for my Sorc. Also I may have just gotten unlucky on my drop rates (0.01% for Cores and 0.04% for Transwhatsits) cause I opened up 20 crates on a char working toward 300 this morning and got 2 Cores and 3 Transwhatsits.

No Overkill so I replaced with Versatile. Either an oversight from lolBioware or they're trying to streamline gearing and get rid of the Power vs Mastery debate, which would be funny considering crafting is getting more and more byzantine.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I'm lost on stats. The great Alacrity debate that was posted a month or so ago showing that it's pointless to go above 800 unless you're going REALLY high like 1500 flipped my brain, and I'm still not 100% sure what augs to craft. I haven't used Power or Mastery since 4.0, but I'm thinking it's time to go back to them.

Before the new augments I ran 4913 Power, 1863 Crit, and 1155 Alac on my Corruption Sorc. That's 6 Crit and 8 Overkill augs and puts me at just shy of 50% Crit and 10.5% Alac. I would dump the Alac for Power in heartbeat except nowadays you're forced to take around 500 Alac if you care about DR, so ~10% i.e. an even 0.15 seconds off the GCD is a good minimum I feel. I've thought about dropping an Alac enhancement for Crit and switching two Crit augments for Overkill but meh what's 1%.

If I were playing a DoT-based AC or an AC with strict energy management like Bodyguard I'd shoot for ~1600 Alac.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Turbl posted:

Yeah that's for GCD reduction. It's something like the way it's calculated will round down when determining GCD. So if you have alacrity that's between 800 and 1600 or whatever it is effectively the same as just having 800, which is important for melee classes to know because that's about all they care about reducing (except for DoTs). Casted stuff doesn't have the same problem.

Yeah 1155 puts my force regen at 8.86 which the game rounds up to 8.9 while ~800 would put me at 8.63 which the game rounds down to 8.6. It also gives me a better return on my Innervate channel time.

The 800 thing is good to know on the Mara I just got to 70 though.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Hey DrunkenGarbageCan, has your Sorc healer felt a bit more invincible lately?

Apparently the datamined set bonuses are active, and on top of the current ones

Yep I figured it out (the what not the why) my second WZ when I broke my personal HPS record. It was obvious when I looked at a parse.

The best part of this bug is it works on yourself - put Resurgence/Revivication on yourself for a 170% Unnatural Preservation. Add on the +30% heal and 5 second CD reduction Utilities and I’ve got a 70% heal every 25 seconds.

It makes Arenas a joke.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

So DrunkenGarbageCan, what's the word on the new Augments? Assuming you've hit your Accuracy and Critical goals, with the current Alacrity debate going on, what to Augment? Mastery or Power?

I'm running 6 Crit and 8 Versatile of the Superior Augments where previously I was running 6 Crit and 8 Overkill. I lose 462 Power (~106 bonus damage) but gain 784 Mastery (~156 bonus damage) while my Crit and Alac values stay the same ~1860 and 1155 respectively.

I'd prefer Power to Mastery (+15% bonus damage per point) but there are no Overkill Superior Augments. I'm biased against Alac cause it's a PvE stat that's about DPS and long, drawn out fights rather than the burst and hopping from one quick fight to another of PvP.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Yes! Double XP/CXP/Valor for the rest of the month.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Depending on your status (F2P, Preferred, Sub) you can have from 2 up to 6 Toolbars, and they can be shrunken/hidden.

I think you have to enable them in the Interface Editor as well.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Speaking of PvP hit 38,200 Objective points on a Yavin match tonight. I've never seen higher but of course the PrnScn key bugs out.

I've got a ss at 30,000 but I know that's not a record since a friend hit 32,000 in the same match. :v:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

I started some pvp matches for the first time in a long time in SWTOR, and I like how my shadow gets close to a sniper and then they roll away while rooting me and dropping a fire bomb. I get out of it and catch back up to them and they roll away and leave behind another fire bomb. I take it melee just shouldn't bother with them?

Yes Sniper is a hard counter to Sins and Juggs. DPS Sins rely on CC which a smart Sniper is immune to the majority of time, Snipers do a lot of weapon damage that'll bypass your best DCD in Shroud, and they can spam roots/slows faster than you can counter, especially Engineering which is the spec you're describing.

A good Fury Mara will eat a Sniper alive.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

FaintlyQuaint posted:

I am the expert of bomb defusing.

Haha nice...having a hard time processing a team good enough to get that many plants but not stop defusings.

Medullah posted:

Snipers are in such a really good position in PvP right now. Their cover immunity utilities are frustrating as hell. Which is good I suppose, since they had a good long stretch of shittiness.

Snipers are a tactical AC that requires tactics to beat. Unfortunately most DPS are face-tanking tunneling baddies who think running in a straight line towards a Sniper is a viable strategy.

Snipers do have their weakness though...no real self-heals and lots of casts. DoT 'em up and go hide. Madness, IO, and Lethality are hard counters. On my Corruption Sorc I always cast Affliction on any and all Snipers on the opposing team. They're relatively immobile as well so they can be separated out fairly easily.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Awesome I didn't know a lot of these existed. Appreciate the effort.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

if i had a security key thing that was keyed to one of my phones that got factory wiped am i boned without sending in a fax of my drat license

googling says probably?

No go to your Account on swtor.com and there's an option to remove it, don't even have to call.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Uhhh do you not remember your Display Name and Password? I'm not sure if that affects it.

If you leave the Security Key part blank but know your Display Name and Password and have a Security Key attached it should give you the option to remove it. It sends a one-time code to your e-mail, I've done it every time I've changed phones.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

no i remember the display name, i just removed it to post the screen shot. i can do forgot password using the display name and it sends the email so i know its correct

its also a name ive been using since 2001

when i tried this last night it kept telling me 'security key is a required field' and im like k sweet

So you use the correct Display Name, correct Password, leave the Security Key part blank and what does it do?

I just bought a Iphone X in November so it was working then.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Just tried it myself, entering my Display Name, Password, and no Security Key takes me to this screen where you click on Lost Your Security Key? and it sends a one-time code to your e-mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
I've got a Powertech that still has full Battlemaster with a Champion and Battlemaster Gear Bag.

How many people even remember Mercenary Comms or collecting Armaments on Ilum? Camping the Pub base waiting for one brave enough to pop their head out in between pops.