Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

jesus WEP posted:

bryan extremely doesn’t seem like a jbp kinda guy

"clean your room... .... WHAT?! you kiddin' me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

davidbix posted:

What specifically?

shoot fight meltzer. or a posedown, whtatever is your preference

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lid posted:

Bryan and Vinny are lost on me when they think Ortiz shouting THE BEST was a botch and took away from the promo. Just no.

dave also did not like it. starting my stalker twitter account as we speak

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

Hey, I actually don't think it's that subtle but 75% of people in the AEW thread talk how he's so humble to book himself in the opener or middle of the card.

we really need a good gif of a heel tapping their head to indicate how smart they are for occasions such as this, the eddie murphy one is not RASSLIN' enough

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

JT Smiley posted:

You know between the last two WOR episodes I think I'm finally starting to understand Dave. Just the rollercoaster of him getting older and somehow comparing it to people not thinking the Dynamite Kid would go over was a wild ride. Like I can't even remember all the tangents he went off on based solely on it being his birthday.

dave visualises things in such high dimensional terms it is hard for him to express it linearly

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

a class act, that dave meltzer

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

I honestly hope Dave goes into an explanation as to where the story came from and why her decided to do the retraction.

he will cry live on air and admit that rovert is the better man

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

being charitable, i think dave might have daved trying to say they went five times further than the wwe while also referencing bjw

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

also the counterpoint to his "can you draw big with this garbage?" is "atsushi onita" but obviously that was a completely different time and place. still, exploding swimming pool death match when, coward tony?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i rate dave's take on this controversy at **

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i only watch whatever they post on the youtube but bryan lamenting to the heavens about how stevie ray never learned how to work is some good poo poo

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it is not great

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Spikegal posted:

It's boomers top to bottom. Starting to think wrestling journalism needs some younger and more inclusive voices than some old white dudes.

spikegal give us the scoops

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i will stand with rapsy voiced guy whose name i do not know when the tides of revolution roll up on wrestling observer dot com

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

mkay0 posted:

Huge credit card breach issues a few years ago

should be using bitcoins like half the shows on the WOL radio network advocate. also buy some dick pills

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i had only the fuzziest notion of who kenny and the bucks were when i started watching after not watching wrestling for a number of years and it does not really bother me if they job them out. cody is the guy, tho

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

nxt can only win on weirdo weeks where Big poo poo is going on outside The Bubble like certain motorcycle riders can only win in wet conditions

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

dave really wanted american new japan but from a fan perspective that is entirely pointless unless you hate japenese people

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lamuella posted:

Parklife!

lol

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

lucha bros are everything the bucks are with less unfortunate hair styles

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

when friends and co-workers tell you "wrestling isn't real" that is actually your mom screaming at you to snap out of the jungian mass hallucination in which you have become lost

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

wcw never even happened, harlem heat can't melt steel beams

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

*galaxy brain dave* can't get cancelled if... y'know... the actual point i'm making is buried under... verbal... tics... andheresthething... bizarre and abstract phrasing... is the mentality

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

oh dave has trash opinions i do not defend

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

looking forward to seeing braided alverez

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

darby comes across as Quite Thick on the f4w youtube extract

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it was harsh of me to call him dumb, sorry darby

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

coconono posted:

also I'm assuming you mean currently active because Reggie Bennett is not getting unseated by Ric Flair's messy daughter.

RIP to a real one, hoss lasses never die :911:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Edge & Christian posted:

Did I miss a recent story because a cursory google search suggests she is alive and managing a Home Depot and replying to fans on Facebook as of about two weeks ago?

i had somehow intermingled her with gary albright in my mind. also holy poo poo reggie bennet is still alive bring her in coward tony

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

aew could totally book nic cage that guy will do anything if the price is right

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

broadcaster & journalist "big" david meltzer can neither talk nor write

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

bryan always looks like he is slightly smiling which softens how harsh & negative he often comes across audibly but he ALWAYS looks like that. like a dolphin. dolphins are not smiling

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I wish Fitch still worked there because it would be funny to watch Dana scream "fatality" over & over again with increasing desperation.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Big Dave is so loving over it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

Apparently Alvarez criticized the commentary on the Gargano/Ciampa empty arena match when it didn’t have any? “it’s hard to listen to Mauro at 100 for 55 minutes.”. What’s with that.

Alvarez acknowledged this on his own show which he executive produces as a kind of trick. You see

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Life is so brief, Sting is a Thief

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

He's the one guy you can ask "where'd you get your ideas from?"

i s t o l e t h e m f r o m a m o v i e

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Alvarez watches like 12 hours of WWF a week. He is better than me. Stronger.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Vince runs Twitch?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I think this got posted twice before. Honestly it is all one big thread. More unites us than divides us.