Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

flashy_mcflash posted:

I always laughed at TNA but that is really loving lovely. I hope he gets another position soon. Wasn't his name floated as one of the commentators for Wrestle Kingdom 9?

A classic Pollock moment:
https://youtu.be/90Nwy9DMS-0

Yeah, apparently they approached Meltzer first but he couldn't do it so he recommended Pollock for the gig. Can't believe they killed the LAW for TNA's sake. What a loving shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

What's this?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Super No Vacancy posted:

hmm i don't remember that

It happened

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I just started listening again after several years, what days does WOR usually drop?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
This is entirely out of morbid curiosity but can someone with an active F4W sub tell me why they closed the World News section of the board? It was always infested with chuds when I was still a subscriber and I'm curious if there's been some kind of blowup recently

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

STONE COLD 64 posted:

They had to close the pictures forum because too many people were posting jailbait threads and mods weren't doing anything about it for years

Jesus Christ, that place was a cesspit

Incessant Excess posted:

Doesn't mention anything specific, just that it led to a lot of arguments:

"Though the idea of a politics section to allow some to talk politics while keeping it out elsewhere was a good one, Its time for it to say goodbye. Its has become a very difficult section to moderate, and often leads to more negativity than it seems worth, with debates started here often spilling into other sections. So, its with a heavy heart I must announce that World News will become locked. Go talk about wrestling"

lmao, god, if they still had that racist bootlicker Crapgame modding that board i hate to think what counts as "negativity". Whatever

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
“Mike Awesome’s Love Bus, in which he drives around the country and makes love” has fully loving killed me

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

extradite THIS! posted:

The first real episode of Wrestlesplania without Kath dropped and I don’t like it :( Who are these people and why should I care

Yeah that's p much my feeling about it too. I just started listening to What A Time To Be Alive instead

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

harperdc posted:

I mean, Giant Bomb does have some wrestling coverage - and they tried a monthly podcast (Power Bomb Cast) like 3-4 years ago that spluttered out because it's hard to talk so much about something you hate unless you're Dave Meltzer who is, as Jeru so perfectly put it, one of god's own prototypes.

They started again once AEW started, but they only do it once a month/6 weeks

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
saying this was anywhere near big japan is a joke, let alone 5x worse. dave really shouldnt comment on stuff he doesn't watch

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Back when I was still on the board, it was obvious Crapgame was a racist piece of poo poo. He just had the sense to couch it in more polite language. I remember around Ferguson he was constantly posting pro-cop poo poo in a way that made it clear he was white supremacist vermin. Nothing happened then so I doubt anything will happen now, either at F4W or at VoW, which is run by another racist piece of poo poo in Joe Lanza

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

collocation posted:

He definitely made himself rather clear on the board, even if he did seem to be able to resist the outright usage of slurs:

Your image is broken

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Delete the Sky posted:

At least it's been implied that Lanza has somewhat gotten better, at least in private to other VoW folks.

Hawkins was and remains a complete piece of poo poo.

"somewhat better" according to a couple of white DSAers who work for his website, with no public apology or admission of wrongdoing, and the VoW account blocks people who bring it up. Forgive me for being skeptical

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Yeah it works fine now and yeah that's the stuff I was talking about. gently caress that guy and gently caress Dave and Bryan for keeping him around

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Idk if it's out there but what do the subscription numbers look like for WO/F4W?

It seems like even a few years ago they would have made more than enough to pay everyone well. I'd assume they have maybe a few thousand monthly subs at $10 month.

I'm pretty sure Dave and Bryan make 6 figures each. They don't pay their contributors because they don't want to, not because they can't

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
HulkaMatt/MRT: I really loved the Pelle Primeau interview and it'd be great if you could get him back for more, thank you

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Oh poo poo, what happened to his son?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
He doxxed one of the women involved in the Elgin thing. Between apoloigising for Bill Watts' racism, responding to the Honma accusations with "women, what can you say?", the Elgin thing, and this, he's been a piece of poo poo for a long time now

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Helicity posted:

It was just a few weeks ago Dave corrected someone, saying that the bad faith people on Twitter are in the vast minority. I think he just sees any feedback as coming from a source that isn't as enlightened as he is.

When was the last time he admitted being wrong and apologised? He can acknowledge that most ppl are good faith but if he doesn't actually take anything on board and change then so what?

I mean as stubborn as Bryan can be he at least admits to fuckups sometimes

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Helicity posted:

Yeah, I think we're agreeing with each other? I was just saying it's not because bad faith Twitter broke his brain. It's because he has to be right all the time.

Yeah absolutely

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

the escape goat posted:

that is a very polite way to say "it is now unlistenable". the first few episodes were rad because Rachel legit had no idea what the gently caress was going on, and over (a very short period of) time just got weirdly obsessed? also, harassing Chuck Taylor until he gave up and finally gave an interview was pretty gross!

Their initial episode about Best Friends (episode 6) where Rachel was hearing everything completely insane about Trent had some pretty great reactions.

I subscribed to f4w out of curiosity; what are some things I should absolutely get started with to get the vibe of the network? specific episodes if ya have 'em, please?

June 19 2012, the Figure Four Daily where Bryan interviews Larry Zbyszko. It's supposed to be an interview about his career, but it goes off the rails within minutes in the most preposterous way. Strongly recommended as an example of how great Bryan is at just letting his subjects talk, and giving them more than enough rope to hang themselves

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
He said that he's probably coming in but it's not definite yet. Negotiations are at the same stage as they were with Malakai Black when Dave first said he was coming in

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Pylons posted:

Oh my god this plan they had for Adam Cole.

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1435908328115298305?s=20

amazing amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Didn't they bring Scotty Davis back too?