Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

exploded mummy posted:

Domestic abuser rants for 15 minutes about how unfairly he was treated by their one of management to a baby face reaction.

This is what TNA booked.

Um...it came out that Paige was the abuser in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
TheDDT was the peak of wrestling comedy websites.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Cavauro posted:

I killed Tali on purpose

Did you gently caress the ghost?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

How is the Torch still in business?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

When was the build for this??

On Mad TV.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Well you know who else doesn't give enough content to justify their patreon?

Episode 17!

VINCE RUSSO!

Why did they hire him this time? What hilarious internet feuds did it kick off? How is TNA's financial situation looking? Find out!

https://www.spreaker.com/user/10076195/17-tna-history-part-7-vince-russo

I never remember to plug it on the show but itunes or google play reviews are appreciated.

The end of the show includes a short tribute to Skinty McEdger from Hulkamatt.

Skinty died?!?! I hate this world.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's also Straight Shoot on YouTube. Not exclusively NJPW, but he covers it, and has Excalibur from PWG on to discuss Puri sometimes. The Four Pillars of Heaven episode is good.

It better be good. It costs $1,500 a month of publicly funded money to make!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Do an episode on XWF. It was truly the precursor to TNA. They even taped at the Impact Zone.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

coconono posted:

some of them come from hosed up families so the fandom becomes their new family.

some of them are just lost and their fandom is their home.

some of them stake their life on a fandom until they get bored and move onto a new thing.

What a bunch of losers.

I can't wait to hear what the Pisscast has to say about that.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

21 Hoot Salute posted:

I can't wait to hear Bryan Alvarez tear this show apart

You got your wish.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is Brian and Vinny the top heap of good/funny wrestling history podcasts? I'm not really interested in anything reviewing current shows but stuff about the history of wrestling from the 80s on sounds great. I listened to an entire 30 minute video of Raymond telling the story of his brother cold cocking Dynamite Kid with a roll of quarters and more stories like that sound great. I get the feeling most of those shoot interviews are video only though.

There was a certain podcast that liked talking about WrestleMania IV. I forgot the name though.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Sassy Dave is the best Dave.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Tindeck dies today I think. I saved all the old 10 counts then started looking for old SOMEONE IS BACK drops because that was some good content. I managed to save the backstreet boys one and this one, but a lot of that stuff is already deleted because of stuff like Dropbox and Vocaroo. Please restore this great content, thanks.

ITunes doesn't have anything before Episode 56. Any chance you could put the rest on there?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Dave should not have apologized for something he said that was taken out of context. All that does is make the social media lynch mob feel justified, which is incredibly dangerous. People lose their lives over this kind of stuff. Dave should apologize for apologizing.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Cavauro posted:

poo poo and piss really go great together

Pisscast

RIP The Monumental Podcast

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I'm still not sure why this episode exists but if you want to hear Hulkamatt talk about something he also researched this is the episode for you!

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1053838811539693568

Jeremy Schaap's piece on Bobby Fischer is a must watch. He won an Emmy for it. Here's the article that Fischer was referring to in the press conference.

A great article about him after he died.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 24, 2018

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

RIP Monumental Punchsport Pisscast.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Don't get me started on how horrible the mobile site is...

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Why did nobody inform me that the Wrestlehut Pisscast was back?

Although it's not the same until Oatgan is back on.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Smackdown sure loves piss. I wonder if there's a podcast that enjoys talking about such a topic. A Pisscast if you will.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

When's the next Pisscast coming out?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Karmine posted:

https://anchor.fm/immovable-objects-a-classic-wrestling-podcast

It’s not the pisscast, we’ve all moved on, but its of a similar spirit. Enjoy! Or don’t!

Big news!!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

weekly font posted:

Yeah, I still think Jenna Morasca vs. Sharmell is worse by exponential quantities.

I still think it's unfair to include that as worst wrestling match since both were not actually wrestlers. That distinction should go to those that were actually trained.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Karmine posted:

Between Lance Storm and myself, one of us does not understand poker strategy.

Also! Listen to Immovable Objects: A Classic Wrestling Podcast, and follow @IOWrestlePod on Twitter! We’re reviewing the shows leading up to the first ever Wrestlemania and we’re having a hoot doing it lemme tell ya!

Where's Oatgan?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I think movies deserve to be at least watched on a computer screen if you insist but I’m also a VFA Certified Film Buff.

How many vhs players can hook up to a computer monitor?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Rick posted:

My favorite Art Bell moment actually was about a week after he moved to KFI in Los Angeles, Phil Hendrie (who was working the evening shift at the time) did a spot on impression of him and basically parodied the famous call from the airplane with a guy launching a space craft. Art said at some point it was one of the funniest thing he heard.

This should be all of them.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

The B&V Show, for all your information needs on Bryan Alvarez's hot dick.

Speaking of, anyone have workable links to the Pisscast archives?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

Is there a podcast that reviews the worst wrestling matches ever? Specifically I was thinking "every match that has a negative or 1 star rating" by Dave Meltzer?

Immovable Objects: A Classic Wrestling Podcast

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I'd highly recommend Punchsport Podcast, Wrestlehut Pisscast, Crossing Borders, Monumental Podcast and Immovable Objects: A Classic Wrestling Podcast.

New episodes are frequently posted.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

It's very much alive. They just aren't posting what they record. It's going to be so awesome listening to 5+ years worth of lost episodes.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

keithy george posted:

A long shot here, but I listened to a podcast episode via this forum and I wonder if anyone remembers what show it was.

The episode was about the Smackdown after 9/11, it was 3 guys, one of them was working as an army recruiter at the time.

Definitely Pisscast. Oatgan bleeds red, white and blue.

Can someone upload all the Pisscast episodes? The archives are gone.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Karmine posted:

I may have some sort of incomplete pisscast archive laying around, including some lost episodes. Perhaps I’ll start a patreon.

Please do! You could also include watch-alongs.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

NienNunb posted:

What I’m trying to say is Bring Back The Pisscast

For real. Set up a Patreon and do exactly what Deadlock does: a weekly podcast and watch-alongs.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I can't wait to unretire my BTAMDO t-shirt.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Mrenda posted:

What podcasts can I listen to (or vodcasts I can watch) are about modern wrestling (I only watch AEW at the moment but decent coverage of other stuff might get me interested,) deal with the business side as well, and don't charge me money, especially when the money being charged is more than what FITE charges to actually watch wrestling.

I looked through the op and some charge money, some are about older wrestling, some are interviews, and some are mainly about WWE.

Something where I can engage in the age old online behaviour of guffawing along with or at their opinions (as opposed to being comedy) would be nice too.

Post Wrestling

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

0konner posted:

Per WOL, after 2 nights Dave’s video set up has failed. Something went wrong and according to Alvarez they never showed Dave how to reboot the equipment return of video WOR is TBD.

Bryan going to Dave's birthday party and filing it as a business expense under the guise of "setting up a camera"...

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave should of busted out a long explanation about the Wendy's "Where's the beef?" ads

Karmine: Listen, I'm sure Clara Peller is a fine lady, but...

RIP Pisscast

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

So I got to thinking...wouldn't it be awesome if the Wrestlehut Pisscast came back?

And can someone upload the archives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Here is the report that everyone is upset about :

There are stories out right now about a lot of discontent here regarding the booking, notably the influence of NOAH booker Nosawa Rongai. A story, which has been denied to us by two people affiliated with the group, is that a large number of wrestlers are upset because of booking changes over the last year. There is a lot of frustration because of a lot of last minute changes. Masato Yoshino and K-Ness, who were both previously involved with booking, have retired, and right now the key bookers are Genki Horiguchi and Ryo Saito. But with the NOAH/Dragon Gate storyline, Nosawa Rongai has gotten heavily involved, including in manners that don’t involve the storyline. Horiguchi and Saito have allowed Nosawa to change booking on things that don’t involve NOAH including decisions with the current King of Gate tournament. Another person in the company said that the entire story is not true and said Nosawa has nothing to do with Dragon Gate and the angle was just a reason for guys to show up in NOAH.