Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Minorkos posted:

Admittedly I have not tried pulling the lane like that in like 3 years but don't the enemy supports use their harmful hexes and curses on you when you try to do that

i see a lot of ppl doing this long rear end pull in my sewer tier games now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kawabata posted:

is there any dota 2 pro/big streamer nowadays that isn't a loving mongoloid alt right racist

you open bulldog's stream, the first thing you see is pepe and him calling other players monkeys; you open sing's stream and, well,

this game really has become Trump's Dota

waga, promo code bsj, and the perennial favorite merlini

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pulling it between the t3 and t2 seems to work better and u can try to toss a blue ward or summat in their pull camp on your way to gently caress with it a little more.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Minorkos posted:

as soon as S2 makes HoN 2, dota 2 is toast

yea but not before they make savage 3, mother Fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mali mali mali mali maliken rules, maliken rules!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

That game sucked and doesn't count imo. Was fun spamming mines tho for ez leaderboard domination

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have over 1k commends, now. all organic

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

I miss old Berserker's Blood where you could go around and kill every single person on the enemy team before like 12min.

yea

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u kno what i never see anymore is dagon armlet terrorblade that poo poo was funny as hell

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he's only ironically calling people libshits and namedropping random other people as evidence or something

<kotmatroskin> hey? how it is racist to ask you to provide evidence of a claim you make
<kotmatroskin> hello brainwashed libshit? got anything?
<kotmatroskin> i am 5.5k mmr btw... you will never be at my skill level :-)
<kotmatroskin> you wish you could be even a fraction of a man as that sergeant in the crowd
<kotmatroskin> libshit trash
<kotmatroskin> So where were the racial slurs dropped by the president? Point out a single one, moron? Please?
<kotmatroskin> You don't have to when you can model your leader Mao ze Dung, though. Nice work.

Lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
JPJ, host and star of the world-famous "Mad Cast"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive always enjoyed trying to talk to ppl in my broken rear end high school spanish

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

New Riki ult is good but he's still in a weird place where he sucks at everything for the first 20min

he can give mid a rly hard time and snake bounty runes i guess

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imo i honestly think ppl should just get back to playing riki as a timing core and give that bitch farm priority so he can get the quick nullfire blade and go around owning supports with blinkstrike/purge/cloud for 20 mins, go beyond godlike, and then lose.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kild posted:

problem with core riki is he has 30 base damage

u can get a logger nad backstab its np

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lohli posted:

Techies should do like 100 damage at level 1 but have only 1 autoattack every 3-4 seconds.

what if at lvl 25 he did 500 dmg but had a 50/50 of exploding and dying with every attack. maybe it could be a nuke that did friendly fire

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
The other day a memory flashed through my mind of the ancient days when ppl would go armlet dagon terrorblade and assassinate people from the trees.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it still has your old MMR in your stats panel.

i stopped p[laying for a long time and upon return my mmr has dropped precipitously after years of casually hanging around 3.5 while i play drunk and without any attempt to learn nor improve.

i did however play a game last night where i roleplayed Viper in voice chat with my best viper voice impression (while playing viper) for the whole game improving poison-related lines and had a really good time and we won which owned

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i thihnk my favorite thing to do in dota is to fully rp with the voice, lore, and wc3 hero names

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ILL Machina posted:

Slacks? Has it been you all along?

I am way more oldschool than slacks smdh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Whatever happened to rickonix?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I played with the hon chick what's her miss something who did the voice packs a d also the guy with the dreads zaiori or something once those are my dota celeb sightings.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

MsPudding, she also narrated their champion spotlight videos which is where I remember her

its a shame hon is pretty much dead, some of the new heroes are cool like a tiki man who plays like singed except he can toggle between burning mana/regen health and burn health/regen mana

hon had the best heroes esp deadwood, flux, puppetmaster, amun ra, etc. also maliken is way sicker than dk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Bumping for a XYCLOPZ solo cast on bts rn. Extremely good.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
"Crazy team fight on the top lane, everyvody teleporting in... Kind of like living in Bangkok, hard to avoid joining the party - my suggestion to you is to buy a plane ticket and come to Bangkok... Watch Dota all of the day time and party all of the night time" -xyclopz

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
My fav XYCLOPZ line is "they are destroying the baracks... Baracks Obama ... You are missing him now" lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Mark my words XYCLOPZ is the VIN Scully of dota / espprts.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
something happened between my relationship with dota and i have lost nearly one thousand mmr.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i havent learned anything new or changed anything in my play since heroes of newerth so it must be.. in my Mind. i took a long haitus and now i must lose every game. not so bad rly and i dont mind but its interesting

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
maybe one day i will gain my one thousand mmr back. :thunk:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Idk if it's just me but it seems like early kills don't mean so much now. I can roamin gankin kill the gently caress outa some dude and it don't matter. Maybe that's why trilanes in the safe are so.common now kuz the only thing that matters is getting cs on ur big man.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

CrRoMa posted:

Semi-carries, I've missed that term

aint hear that beast in a long time. RIP to it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ambivalent posted:

trivia questions getting harder and harder

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im so bad at dota now that i sure i will calibrate to sewer tier.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i need to train before i calibrate.........

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tcjimbo posted:

I'm getting the itch

stfu

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is insane to me. Like, I don't expect people to pick the best heroes all the time, but when people just clearly have no idea what to do it baffled my mind. I had to stop playing safelane carry because supports would do the thing where they hide in that tree crevice near the t1 (you know the one) and just sit there and wait for the enemy team to get close enough to the tower to try and "save" me. Or, they'll stack and pull but only do single pulls on the easy camp, and only pull when the creeps are already under tower so I have to fight the tower for last hits. Like...how did you manage to make it this far and still be so loving bad? Yesterday I had games with a Timbersaw (37% winrate in the Legend bracket, maybe the worst winrate any hero has ever had) and a jungle Venomancer (??????) and those sorts of games, yeah you literally just have no chance of winning and even knowing that it's hard for me to not get demoralized.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
If you miss even a single cs with freefarm you can just uninstall basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Why is it good to max conc lol