Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Smythe posted:

i will continue to boycott this game until there is a pharaoh rattletrap skin, including his "lets wwwwwrap this up" hero response

No mention of dropping a literal garbage dumpster on a dead hero taunt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Lotus orb, phase boots can walk you out of them. Also you may not be able to initiate on a good shaman without some picks or a smoke.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

New techies is pretty fun and a lot less game ruining as he used to be. Should have played him, imo

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

It can be hard to get wards deep if you are under pressure. No chance to be on that side of the map, and it's a risk they'll see you coming. But in our dumpster MMR you can burn a smoke to do it. You probably aren't using those well in a random match anyway

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Skills shouldn't reveal wards, a very limited item. Buy the de-ward or rock the gem

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

I thought they killed my boy Ogre for a second until I saw they gave him +20 base damage in compensation for the regen and armor loss.

I think they did a bit in that he wont be as effective of a bully to the enemy 4/5 support for free. gently caress that ogre hanging around running at me all the god drat time.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I'm stuck on my AHC at Broodmother. One of the few I can't really play at all

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Absolutely no team coordination with respect to the rat. Big team fight where they bring 5? Your NP is in a side lane hiding in the trees waiting for the creep wave.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

After you turbo hosed their lane and they left to jungle what did you do with that space on the map? I hope you won one of both of the other two lanes with rotates the second they gave you the lane

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Lot of Marci skin in the voting

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Ahh, everything is right with the world again. I'm back to Ancient 1.

:mods:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I completed all my cavern crawl, I'm finally free.

How did you get a cavern of all tinker you degenerate?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Your hero + pudge win rate? I thought it was win rate of pudge on my team in general but it's never really made sense that way numbers wise

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Silencer on the other team today:

It did not go well for him.

Dunno how you have that record and remain in the dumpster

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Rosh Vision is weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OfpWYSy4_w

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I don't think he's really a stall the game hero anymore. He's a high impact nuke and team fight. If you hit good blast offs with taser that'll turn fights. If you are doing decent with farm you can reliably pick the enemy 1 alone. Drop your mines to find smokes, hit your blast-off with tasers in fights then just get to dropping mines before you die.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Why do you have to keep going through my game history?

You've posted about your gaming history and it's not complimentary

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Why would they throw that at 25 and KEEP the 20% magic resistance which probably is the worst 25

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I don't super hate it since it's such an easy item to build with some team utility. It's ring of bas, crown, and a recipe. The ring of bas can be a great lane item if your partner needs the mana. It's not much $$ and it boosts your team. It is cheaper than force, glimmer, and Euls. Now, it's a good idea to be able to read the game and pivot into the utility your team needs like if you barely have any magic damage on the team.

(I'd personally go force or Euls, but if my team was big all magic damage why not)

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

What happens when new ogre gets eclipsed by OD?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I think you have to give yourself permission to try stuff. You think about what's been happening in the game -> clockwork/riki have it out for me and cogs trap/smoke bomb kill me, I should deviate my build and get a force staff to escape and live longer in team fights.

The nature of the game is to think about what seems hard for you and your team, and what items you can buy to make those things easier. Another thing you can do is look at your damage spread taken. How much is physical (buy an armor item) and how much is magical (buy a magic resist item).

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Pick Oracle, 100% magic immunity on a low cool down for as long as her ULT lasts

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Your are gonna be mega tanky compared to other supports, so you right click someone down and snake them up and just bully the poo poo out of your lane. Get in faces, snake people, and ULT in team fights. Buy stuff like force, glimmer, pavise and other team help poo poo. Pump your mana Regen for more tank. Always be snaking

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Anyone building blade mail on Dusa yet? Full returns the whole loving time

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Corla Plankun posted:

What does this mean? I don't see anything about mangoes in the patch notes but maybe it was in one of the older ones.

The early game Regen items now have stock numbers. So you can't have 6 mangoes on each of your teammates at the start. That means if your 5 buys three mangoes, the other lanes will have less to buy for themselves

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Superrodan posted:

Just use it to steal widsom runes and enemy tormenter in every game where you're slightly ahead and the enemy will cry.

This legit loving sucks to play against as the 5. You have to be at the rune well before it spawns taking you out of lane and he can gently caress you up and steal it anyway.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

You mean euls arcane blink farm the enemy 5 until his team loses right?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Buy a quelling if you are versus NP, even if you are a support.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

You can three a Veno. What it means is that you'll have more farm, presumably, and you'll need to turn that into something your team needs. Typically the 3 is more of a front liner or an initiator. It doesn't mean you have to do these, but if your team doesn't have those things it's probably going to fall to you. In which case you'll want a blink and to build tanky. Pipe, AC, and Shivas are all possible needs you could look to build. Early sheep if you need lockdown, gleipnir if you need chase, ect. You just have to figure out what your team comp needs, what problem needs solving, and get that item.

You also get to bully the poo poo out of the 1 in lane by clicking on him with your passive.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Disagree; I had an Earthshaker go Shadowblade --> Rapier this morning.
Games are great

He should have finished the sliver edge first

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Strong burst damage mid. Early morph will sit on a low HP pool before they itemize mid and late. If you have a high burst mid that can rotate you can keep him behind the curve.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

What's the problem?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I loving suck playing against Shadow Fiend mid. He always hits three razes on me and welp 600+ magic damage at level 3 wooo!

I went 0/4 against a SF mid and was like level 4 to his 7 by some ridiculous timing of 5 minutes with OD. I went on to an 18 kill streak and won but holy poo poo I was tilted. Do you just buy boots first anyway vs SF? Because I can't dodge his raze poo poo and I'm an idiot

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Geight posted:

I had time to play more yesterday and potentially win more games before the 10th anniversary event ended but I was satisfied with the amount of Dota I'd already played and didn't want to keep pulling the lever just to spin the hat wheel, which is the most personal growth I've exhibited over the 10 or 13 years this game has been out. Also one game I was gonna pick Sniper and the enemy team picked it simultaneously so I punished them with Gyrocopter and dang they made him very strong again.

Well good news, they have extended the event until the 18th!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

You can pick Treant, just walk outta sprout.

That said if you have a NP in the game you gotta buy a quelling blade. Don't use your tangos on that

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

1 win in 15 games i’m so good. was crusader last i played and now firmly herald 😤

Happens to the best of us.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I tip good plays all the time! Get that behavior score up

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Id play the core roles first. I think support needs a lot of game knowledge to do the job well and it's easier to focus on last hitting as the core until you get your feet under you

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

If you play DotA, you're gonna lose at DotA. Mute any dickhead immediately. Enter a chill state of flow. Success!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Kaya still boosts your shadow wave and poison touch damage. With an aghs build it's not the worst buy. Probably finish it out with the sange for the beef, but you could have also gone kaya and yasha to run people down. You could absolutely make that work