Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

I've got something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows: I'm not wearing a tie at all.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Gonna do a test post in the LP sandcastle tomorrow after work since it's a day where I got nothing going on.

What would be a good name if I do go with multiple choices?

A great deal of ruin in a nation: an Anbennar EU4 LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

I've got something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows: I'm not wearing a tie at all.

Poil posted:

Do the Ottomans lose any trade in game at all? Based on my observations they usually just steer a ton of it to Constantin Istanbul and it stays there forever and only increases over time. Does the colonizer nation AI even manage to extract trade wealth from India and SEA and get it around Cape and up into their end nodes?

Pre-institutions the European AI was somewhat decent at using the expansion CB & protectorates to beat up the East & start diverting trade but I haven't really seen it do too hot since - it just grabs a smattering of pacific and Indonesian islands via colonization and doesn't do too much else. Doesn't help that by the time the AI comes round the cape in strength the institutions with global spread factors (trade & manufactories) are coming online and their early game tech advantage is slipping away.

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

ilitarist posted:

This makes sense for the vanilla too in a certain balancing way. You need unique decisions and complex decisions, mission trees and all that fluff for small vulnerable countries like Byzantine Empire, Dithmarschen, Riga, Navarra and so on. They're unlikely to survive as AIs so their BS bonuses will not come into play, and when they do it's a nice surprise.

Yeah, you see this a lot in the big overhauld mods - centerpiece countries tend to have a lot of minors which have their gameplay revolve around you, so after years of development the notion of reworking a major is a truly immense undertaking - the endless German rework in kaiserreich being another example of this in paradox modding.

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

Wafflecopper posted:

I swear to god I’ve had them fire at exactly 100% because I remember looking at the peace screen asking the same question and saying “okay let’s find out” and starting getting the events. I guess they changed it at some point, or maybe it was some weird scenario like it was 100% when I made the peace deal and then event bumped dev up by 1 in one of the provinces putting me over

From memory the trigger is being at or above 100.1%

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Whaaaat? This runs counter to what I understand about being a horde. I know there are a lot of forests near Muscovy but I doubt that is why you would say that.
My understanding is that the cost of cav is seen as prohibitive compared to simply adding more infantry unless you've stacked cav combat ability sky high. Early game, before you've had a chance to get ideas unlocked, you're much better off simply buying more men (infantry still get the shock bonus/malus, so it isn't a terrain thing).

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

Private Speech posted:

I just can't do it, I can take Zokka but Jadd is too much - I can take about half of their lands including cap, but inevitably Jaddar catches up with me with their ruler general from out of LOS, who is disgustingly speedy and just crushes me. There aren't really even a lot a of mercs to use either, just 2 crappy bands.

I went for a limited victory in the first war - with the 50% you can take, peace out early, take the Jadd harpy ally provinces (if you declared- if they did, declare your own war for it after coring what you take off Jadd and take more cash off them via blitzing the capital and other provinces) and cash and whatever land you can off Jadd after sieging half their provinces, build a fort on the Siaden roost and the Jadd harpies roost, and you'll have 3 harpy roosts to bleed the Jadd armies on next time round as well as nudging them towards an economic spiral. Elven military is nasty when it comes to manpower and replenishment - play to their weakness. You'll also get some breathing room to catch up on tech to be less behind.

I just avoid Jaddar until he dies or I can leverage 3-1 odds if at all possible - carpet sieging the western end of the Jadd with 1-2k stacks can fry the ai into running up and down the desert, which is somewhat cheesy but having uber mobile armies everywhere fits harpies rather well, and early game Jadd has no forts.

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

Gaius Marius posted:

They really need to cut out the Napoleonic period into its own game again. There's just too much change to model it the same way you can 1400.

March of the Eagles II spanning 1750 to 1823 would be interesting, especially given you'd have the Revolution around the midpoint on historical timing.

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

Jay Rust posted:

I've never properly tried playing as a spawnable in anbennar, like are you meant to just hit speed 5 until 1550? Seems so weird!

Iirc the spawnable gets more starting money/mana/tech/institutions/other buffs depending on the state of the country which spawned it, so playing your origin country well still benefits you.

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

Private Speech posted:

To be fair Singapore and Hong Kong aren't that small, 730 and 1100 square km land area respectively. Comparable to some of the euro territories easily.

Macau kindof is though.

Ceuta and the Portuguese factories along the African coast would be much better as cities rather than whole provinces (let alone the Venietian treatment as an Adriatic Atlantis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Conceptually, I like the idea of needing resources, not just money, to make your state function. Like, access to good lumber for ships should be pretty important for any state that wants to build a significant navy.

I'm hopeful that it'd be possible to mod the input system to represent resource consumption for maintenance and upkeep as well - it shouldn't be the case that a road network built in 1390 remains useful in 1760 without ongoing expenses, and would hopefully allow for actual backsliding rather than just stagnation.