Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Erdricks posted:

So I get the rule of thumb re focusing on a narrow hero pool. How narrow? Do I just need to worry about surviving a ban phase or be able to come out with counterpicks?

I'd get decent at 2-3 champs per role. It'd be great if you had different kinds of champs per role (preferably not all fighters for top) but it's not as neccesary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

That would be super twisted tho. I wonder how a laner could play around the treeline.

How do you have multiple junglers with 3 people in a two lane map?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Futuresight posted:

Got a warning for doing an open mid 4 people on our team agreed to (score was like 10/0 in 8 minutes) and our adc had 8 CS (they were also the only one not to say anything about the open mid). Had to type "I Agree" to a blurb about not giving up into a little popup box after the game.

Not really upset about it just a weird thing I've never heard of before. I'm not sure if it was triggered by me being on the fountain a lot or saying "open mid" in all chat or what.

It's an automated thing; if you're in base for too long, the game marks you as AFK.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Addamere posted:

Quick question. Do you lose the 50 health from Chrysalis once you gain 4 takedowns, or do you get the AD/AP in addition to the health? "Convert" makes me think the latter, but that seems really weird?

You lose the health and gain the AP/AD at 4 takedowns.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

CubeTheory posted:

Who all is playing Clash this weekend?

I was planning on it if I could find a team.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Miftan posted:

Nobody around here since they cancelled it (at least for EUW, dunno about NA) because of 'issues'.

NA clash is still on.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hellioning posted:

NA clash is still on.

And now it is not. GG no RE.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Erdricks posted:

How is ARURF?

Like usual. Hope you get a fun champ, spam your abilities, laugh at people who take it seriously, etc.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nightgull posted:

Huh, interesting. I’ve had people say some extremely vile stuff in post game chat and claim it couldn’t be reported - glad to know they may have suffered consequences.

They've always claimed that pre- and post-game chat were always taken into accounts for reports, but it just never got shown in the instant feedback report card stuff until now.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rest in peace, sweet princess.

May you throw another rock in the afterlife.

Seriously, Taliyah's entire thing was 'push fast then roam'. Now her pushing is awful and her roaming has probably been nerfed. Now what is she supposed to do?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Old Graves was basically Lucian.

As Lucian is awful and I never want to see him, I am happier with New Graves.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

henkman posted:

well people with complain about everything but I don't really understand what the point of the changes were

They wanted to delay crit ADCs power. As it used to be, a finished zeal item plus IE was good enough for them to start going off, and they got stronger from there.

Riot wanted them to be weaker later. They did this by increasing the price of zeal items and making IE give no crit chance by itself, so you can't rush it anymore. Now ADCs have to wait to third/fourth item before they start hypercarrying.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My shop is awful.

The only one of these champs I actually play is Vlad, and why would I want to play Vlad without the blood puns?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I guess that's one way to make the Season 2 meta distinct from the Season 1 one.

I fully expect several people to take Ashe from the carousel expecting her to be glacial.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Monicro posted:

I don't say this lightly but honestly they should consider just removing klepto at this point and replacing it with a completely different concept. It's been a balance nightmare ever since the new runes were added and there's only like 2 or 3 champions that use it regularly outside of the aforementioned ranged-vs-melee matchups anyway

I mean, that is basically entirely what they are doing anyway.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Fair.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I got Project: Yi, a skinline I don't like for a champ I don't play.

My free thing wasn't the free thing that I wanted, so I'm sad.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

URF remains as awful as ever.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

Is that the first time they’ve changed a characters race for a skin?

Most of Shyv's skins change her skin color, if you count 'blue' as a race.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Giving every champion weird autos would make the concept of weird autos boring and uninteresting. It should be used sparingly, generally on marksmen.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Isn't there going to be an AD spellthief's anyway? Why include 'she gets adaptive force from Spellthief's' in the tooltip?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Top 4 also counts as a win, so at least you weren't the first winner to get knocked out.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I got 2nd with glacial poison berserkers and 1st with desert blademasters splashing light.

The fire attack speed boosts plus 2star Yi plus 4 blademaster passive is stupid and I love it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Do they have at least some hard CC on a non-ult ability? If so, they can support. Hell, even if they don't they can support as long as they don't need gold.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

As a support main who also likes playing off-meta, Teambuilder was objectively the worst.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm annoyed you can only get three rewards per week. You already have to buy in in order to get rewards, so it's pretty lovely that they want to limit the amount of rewards you can get.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Firebert posted:

It's in line with their ethos for the game where they don't want there to be a large gap between f2p players and people who spend a lot of money

The blog last week explains a lot about how they are doing progression/monetization https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/progression-by-the-numbers

Yeah, but also limits people from going infinite. They specifically said 'if you do well enough you can even pay for your next one!' and then made it so you could only pay for your next one twice a week.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm disappointing in no new VO, especially since there's another Lunari coming soon.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

it is genuinely bad, on a very real level which is that audio cues are very important in league of legends as anyone who played against a kled can vouch(and other champions to a lesser extent. you can react to audio cues faster than visual) ... you can reduce the champion voice level, but i think players should not have to adjust their audio levels for each champion.

The only time the long quotes play is when you're moving long distances, IE when you're not in range of basically anything apart from maybe a Kled ult?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm still salty about that.

Karma needed a full rework, but Lee can't even get an unintended mechanic removed because he's too popular.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

eric ciaramella posted:

Is there a way to see unit odds per level or item combinations from inside TFT?

Nope.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I didn't even know the free chests you get can give you a free chest/key combo, let alone that can happen twice in a row.

Lucky me I guess?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'll stop playing Quinn top as soon as I can play her in any other role.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Learning is overrated. The game is best when you have no idea what is going on.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Support Ashe is slightly functional. I couldn't save my heimer from dying, but tbf, I don't know of any champs that could when he can't dodge blitz hooks.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I just dislike it because the counterplay to it is team based and I'm not confident in my own teamplay, let alone randos.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ez was apparently so bad post Klepto removal that he had to be hotfix buffed. That's impressive.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It's very rare in my games for assassins to actually pick up sanguine blade. It's usually a top lane fighter like Kled or Shen or a jungle fighter like Jarv or Lee.

Like, they could replace lethality with flat AD or something and I'd think that's a perfectly normal fighter item.

It'd still suck though, as I cannot be confident in my jungle's ability to gank top.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If someone has an X on their portrait in the post game, it means the game has already detected they were AFK or disconnected for long enough in that game, and reporting them for being AFK will do nothing.

You can report them for AFK if they were AFK for short enough periods not to get detected, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It clearly exists because they wanted to completely remove Klepto but didn't want to leave inspiration with only two keystones, so they did something that requires minimal time and effort on their part.

I don't understand why anyone would use it. Even the ones that can use most/all of the keystones would probably be better served just by picking one and sticking to it.