Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

(watching ornn waddle around slowly & do basically nothing) gently caress this overloaded kit WHY is this bullshit champion allowed to slowly walk away from or OR slowly walk towards me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Mister Lyte you could have saved her, i gave you all the clues

this is just the n-word over and over

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Q8ee posted:

as a fresh player, are there sites I can go on that give me the rundown on what's "in" at the minute? cause I'd much rather play games that are enjoyable rather than games where I feel so inadequate 90% of the time and just get steamrolled.

http://champion.gg/

But keep in mind that very few of the lower ranking champs are actually that 'bad,' and a lot of the higher ranking champs are just pubstompers, not actually super OP. Obviously there's correlation, but hard carries like Kayle always rank highly because it's very rare that a pub team, even ones in high ELO, will be coordinated enough to completely shut her out of farm, or end the game quickly enough for her to be unable to go off. By that same token, champions that kind of 'force' teamplay by having a very obvious initiation button that even a random pubbie will go in on the back of also do well, since they can coordinate a team around them. Malphite, for instance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nasus honestly isn't a bad pick if you want to be tanky while doing damage, you can just build him as a bruiser and his Q will still chunk people out, and his ult gives him so much raw stats that he's pretty hard to chunk down in a fight. The way his Q works will also kind of force you to learn how last hitting works, while also giving you a bit of a crutch in terms of getting okay CS, especially combined with his E. His W is also a huge slow so it's great for chasing, and his E reduces MR/Armor by a lot in its radius, so you're giving your team some unique utility.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 14, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gowb posted:

Nice! Be aware that teleport is usually more helpful on tops, but maybe garen is better with flame on, idk. His tp ganks arent as scary as say malphites.
hes still best with teleport because he can push waves real hard and is fairly hard to 1v1 (he doesnt autowin 1v1 fights but he can usually either get away or be threatening enough that both parties have to back off) so when it gets into the lategame he can just split push and then teleport into fights and stuff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hey i barely play this game anymore but i just wanted to lol at this:

quote:

Last year, Riot reworked the lore of Varus, making him the first known gay character in the League roster. For this rework, we were treated to two comics and a music video. The result was the tragic story of two gay young men twisted together with a demon. The three of them now possess one body: the demonic entity known as Varus.

ty for your time

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they made up some weird tragic twisted to death by a demon with his boyfirend story instead of just saying 'varus likes to suck fat hogs'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

ladies and gentlemen, kitfox eighty eight!

*wild applause, wolfwhistling*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lovechop posted:

angel on my left shoulder: go mid and group with your team

devil on my right shoulder: solo push bot and afk if anyone complains

demons inside my soul: suck braum’s big juicy rear end dick

bronze, plat, challenger

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if anything mountain feels like the weakest since 90% of the time if you're taking a tower you would have taken it without the damage boost anyway, it only really helps in the early game when you're getting a few hits on a tower after a kill or later in the game when splitpushing. this is my silver 1 analysis.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

misguided rage posted:

Mountain is for taking baron quickly, the extra damage to turrets is just a side benefit.

oh ya i wasnt really thinking about baron

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the kind of people who pick something because its popular in pro are usually the worst people on earth

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Brackhar is the only one who's posted with any regularity but the last time he was in thread people told him to gently caress off for some reason so he did.

he designed nidalee so he deserves what he gets

also he stole my manamune idea and ive yet to receive a royalty check

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They used to drop new champs like biweekly but these days they make maybe four or five new champions a year, and not on any set schedule. They're just done when they're done. 2017 had two champs released in April, one in july, one in august, and one in october.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

malphite isnt boring if you build him full ap and oneshot vayne with your ult

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they should bring back beta ryze

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

a lot of the champion focused subreddits are really weird
the mordekaiser subreddit is the saddest place on earth

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no matter how nerfed you make it stopwatchi s always going to be picked by most pros because in a low-kill game being able to deny people an early game kill is huge. the only viable nerf for it is to make it a keystone imo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its curtains for Kevin posted:

A powerful statement, but just an opinion. Zhonyas is not picked every game, and neither is Bard. It's a tool that can be played around, it's just a bit too strong at the moment because it still lets you save 600 bucks on your way to an item AND gives you the ability.
A 3300 gold item and a Champion are way more investment than a single mastery, and both of them can only activate in the early mid game at the earliest. I don't think that's really an accurate comparison.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

life is a lot like league of legends, when you think about it.
whoever has more money wins

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that's a pretty common thing for singed mains to do. it's called proxy farming. singed's the main champion who can do it, but there's a couple of others. the best counter is to just get lifesteal or some form of sustain and basically proxy farm him back. singed doesnt scale that much with farm - he becomes much more annoying to kill but its not like hes making huge contributions to teamfights outside of fling and a slowbuilding DOT. if you and him farm equally, you'll be contributing more than he is on most champions. use the lifesteal you buy to tank the minions so you don't have to last hit under tower and you can get perfect CS just like he is. tell your jungler to just let him be and focus entirely on camping mid or bottom.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh yeah i was going off your jungler being yi or something, if your jungler is like, rammus just freefarm him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

njsykora posted:

It's an issue when most people are using it defensively, rather than using it aggressively to pull off batshit tower dives.

the reason they arent using it to pull off batshit tower dives is the other guy also has stopwatch so they cant tower dive him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

flash is too ingrained into the game design at this point, every new champion is designed around a first second short range teleport being a thing everyone has. removing it would require 60 billion reworks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zyra isnt good mid either

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Especially all the glitchy Aery interactions that lets it proc multiple times without cooldown and stuff.

that isnt glitchy thats just how it interacts with dots

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it really, *really* emphasizes ward control, so if you didnt kill any wards or didnt buy a control ward, there you go

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zoe will probably be reworked before mordekaiser is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boxman posted:

Today in :riot:

• Activating Gragas' W - Drunken Rage while attacking an inhibitor will no longer cause him to path towards the blue side fountain
  • Fixed a bug where Corrupting Potion could not be used if a Mana Potion was currently in use
I understand how that second one could happen. I have no idea how the first one could.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

because talon is a midlaner who never buys early game mr and has no escapes, sustain, or survivability tools.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the ap item changes seem to have made karthus a lot better but also made him want to just play as a walking suicide bomb. ive been rushing archangel's instead of roa and its been working out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nobody has a hook with the range or power of pudge's hook, and lol is a game with much slower kills than dota. the closest to pudge is bltiz and blitz lacks the lockdown ult that pudge has.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tristana, pushing down a lane with no allies nearby and no wards and a zed on the enemy team: i am making a skilled play right now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Orv posted:

Obviously we can't see how the rest of that map is but a foot in front of bot T2 isn't exactly across the river.

Should have warded that though.
i mean from the way the wave was i assumed the bottom inner was down

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Killed By Death posted:

Outer was, inner was not. Here's red vision a second before that clip

I didn't really mean to make much in the way of a balance statement/complaint, I just thought the clip was funny :v:

digging the team comp

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

have you seen my baby posted:

Alright thread, I've been wanting to expand my mid/top repertoire. I don't care about helping my team or contributing to strong team compositions, I just want to try to kill my lane opponent with unmetered aggression as early as possible, as often as possible. I've been playing a lot of Pantheon. Suggestions?
renekton

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bronze is below average, silver is average, gold is slightly above average, so on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

Yo that is not an acceptable way of warning mid about the incoming Taric/Varus gank.

Varus: I have two gay men inside me
Taric: #goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if someone hardcore mains a champion they probably know how to play against that champion's counters. that doesnt mean theyre some secret pro whos gonna turn the game on its head just that a teemo main probably knows how to play safe against pantheon.

also every champion has counters and teemo is the 4th highest win rate top laner as of right now.

also his win rate against pantheon is 49.50%. truly a devastating counter