Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I've been looking for that gif of three people Flashing to intercept a Cait ult, but sadly I couldn't find it. To me that is the quintessential LoL gif.
Edit: Oh, it is actually in the second post. I am dumb and will leave this post here as a testament to my stupidity.

So good.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Nov 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Getting multiple TPs within 10 minutes can also make the laning phase pretty ridiculous.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Reality Winner posted:

Adc Morde is a special treasure to all

I really liked the idea behind the rework. The execution left some things to be desired.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Ah, a rare opportunity to use :gaz:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

http://toucharcade.com/2017/12/19/arena-of-valor-launch-day-review/

tl;dr Tencent made a mobile clone of LoL, it just got released in NA, it apparently features DC Comics characters in some regions?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

He's streaming shirtless, so look forward to him getting a Twitch probation.

Chat is nothing but sub notifications, it is broken as hell.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 8, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

e;f,b

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

somebody fix kevens avatar please

No no, he has earned that Bolf Ramshield.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I don't think The Lost Vikings in HotS are that tricky, they feel less intense then some League assassins in my book. You are spending more time with them laning than (team)fights, you don't have to lasthit in HotS, you don't have a lot of abilities to juggle and you aren't punished heavily for one of them dying. If you want to take the micro to a new level and employ mind-games you take Illusion Master on Samuro (Samuro can create two weak clones of himself, with Illusion Master he gains full control of them).

Speaking of different MOBAs, apparently Epic's Paragon just got its death sentence. Anyone played it? Did it have interesting mechanics? Or any abilities/kits that would be great to see in more popular MOBA? Edit: Ah, here is a playlist with character overviews. Gonna to watch that later on.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 27, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Stopwatch mastery on ptr is going from a 6 minute activation to 10 minutes.

They just want to bash that watch with a hammer and seem to regret ever making it.

As someone who is not playing the game, but does still watch the occasional stream I think it's loving awful. In the beginning I thought "oh, I guess they gave Zhonya's a new buildpath, that's cool". And then I noticed that everybody was getting it and it got old fast.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

They can always fix it in post, time for a remake!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

But have any of you guys played the Chinese knock-off LoL clone with Shrek?

Why would I play that when I can play Tencent's Definitely Not League Of Legends on my mobile phone? It even has Batman and Wonder Woman!

And Wukong, because you can't make a MOBA without him showing up.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Arcturas posted:

How is the Safari Caitlyn skin? I just snagged a shard out of a chest and even though I play a fair bit of Caitlyn I don't have any of her skins.

I think it's one of her classier skins and I like that it doesn't have as much (busy) stuff going on as Headhunter or Pulsefire. It's a shame that it no longer has the old loading screen art.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

The Good News: Announcer Packs on the PTR after years of begging
The Bad News: It's literally Phreak, as Phreak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF5ioqQeziQ

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

AMAZING!!! CAN YOUTUBE TITLES GET ANY MORE CLICKBAITEY?! YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

why is it that people think this game is dying? people i talk to seem to have this weird entirely unsubstantiated opinion and i do not know where it is coming from

It is *gasp* no longer the most popular game on Twitch ALL the time. Dead as a doornail!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

OH, WOW! IT IS THIS INCREDIBLE DUDE AGAIN WITH HIS AMAZING VIDEO TITLES, YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I know, but it is so dumb I am going to point it out every single time it shows up. THE SECRET TO SUCCESS! SO loving SILLY BUT IT WORKS?! HOLY MOLY

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Elentor posted:

On the bright side his thumbnails stopped showing his face acting surprised to his own video ideas.

He went down the clickbait rabbit hole and then took a step back? Pfff, what a pussy.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Dota 2 could have been a great game if it had been an actual Valve game, instead of being a graphical update for the first 2-3 years. I don’t know why they were so obsessed with parity between both versions, because LoL was proof that people were willing to move on to something different.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Enigma89 posted:

League is easier to play/learn so it caters to a bigger audience. I can see why DotA will slowly die out because it's just so loving hard to learn and the meta changes really fast so it's hard to make in-game learning tutorials.

And that is all things they could have changed whilst creating Dota 2! In fact, when I heard that Valve was doing it I knew they could refine it, take the edges off and make it newbie friendlier. And... none of that really happened because they were too busy making a carbon copy. In hindsight it should been a sign back in beta that was Valve was past its prime.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

the last time i played hots for the rewards for overwatch there was a permanently invisible hero that just styled on all of us dipshits who dont play hots, that wasnt a lot of fun tbh

They were never completely invisible but you had to rely on a very hard to see shimmer before they engaged on you. It was a pretty dumb mechanic and I’m glad they finally ended up reworking stealth and stealth heroes this year. Now stealth is a translucent ghost when moving around and the old shimmer when standing still for a bit (think Teemo passive). You have to rely on brushes and (lack of) visibility even more. A hero like Nova has somewhat lost her “noob stomper” status.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 6, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Edit: Should have just empty-quoted this to begin with.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 15, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It’s been a while since I played LoL, but I’m pretty sure that having vision meant I died less to ganks. Which was nice, because dying was really holding me back.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Reality Pisser posted:

Good news! Smite is basically a copy of lol in third person.

Aren't all their games just copies of whatever game their boss baby is playing at that moment? They even made a clone of a popular mobile game at one point, which they then abandoned.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Riot themselves deemed that capitalism is bad when they no longer made Bankplank a thing :colbert:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

I watched all but like the last 5-10 minutes and the answer wasn't really that good. I think the answer was as simple, dead-stop, as the E-Sport and the company popularity growing too big too fast and them just shifting focus away from storytelling outside of the basics. People are paying for skins to buy the game, not necessarily to read the lore. It's different from Blizzard MOBAs or MMOs where they story and gameplay are interwoven so the story is just going to be ignored while they put out fires elsewhere

I think it's pretty funny how HotS after 3 years just went from Uther saying "It's best not think about it" to getting actual lore about why there are multiple maps and who the announcers on them are. At this point it's pretty much "that Raven Lord dude is a prick who wants to take over other realms" though. Also, the first response from the community was "why are you wasting money and time on this when you could be doing X?!" So yeah, those people who wonder why there are new skins/characters when they haven't fixed server/matchmaking issues yet, those are still around.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's good that they finally made a K-pop skin for Ahri, it was about time I tell you!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

They're really (war)hamming it up with these skins.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The pre-season is here, try new stuff, and even more new stuff, (maybe not that one), is it meta?, pre-season.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Or maybe it'll be like Abathur's (HotS) Ultimate Evolution where you'll temporarily disappear to create a limited* copy of a friendly hero.

*No ultimate, no talents.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/FlyQuestSports/status/1071626055197196288

Not having a job isn't a thing, just start working.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

LoL has a history of “this one region had unintended downtime and gets some sort of compensation, why aren’t we from
an unrelated and unaffected region getting free stuff?”. So yeah, not surprised at this recent behavior.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

porfiria posted:

Out of all the Champions in the League of Legends who is the most likely to be a Trump supporter?

Kled

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Or just give everyone the entire champion pool to pull from during ARAM.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It will 1 minute of voice acting if you remove all the times he says "Mundo".

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Is Teamfight Tactics a WIP title or are they seriously going to stick with that?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Well, poo poo. Won my first ever round of TFT* after a dozen or so and now it's stuck on the "Skip Waiting For Stats" screen. Don't deny me this, Riot! :riot:

*MVP: Veigar in a 6 Yordle comp with Seraph's Embrace, Luden's Echo and Guardian Angel

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I returned to the game after 4 years and I have liked most of the reworks so far (I'm still not used to Zyra no longer having her on death passive).

Except Taric. He might look better, but the kit is not fun to play. It somehow reminds me of playing a support still in the GP10 days. I should probably just git gud, but I feel no reason to pick him over different supports.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Waterfall Watcher posted:

These reworks are going to be the death of me, when are they going to get kill my jungle main, Feedlesticks? When?!

Dead within the year.