Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Firebert posted:

Udyr just got a ton of visual effects changed like a patch ago, so it's pretty doubtful they rework him

If you believe the designers themselves the updated VFXs are just individuals squeezing effects in while they have time and don't have any bearing on the plans of the rest of the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Monicro posted:

The new ones are really hit or miss in terms of visual clarity but I don't wanna give the old ones too much credit in that regard either, as they're less mushy than some of the new ones are but I could never figure out what half of them were supposed to be. You would never know what something like crystalline bracer or protobelt was supposed to be without the name clueing you in, and to this day i still cant wrap my head around what exactly triforce is supposed to be

Trinity force used to be built out of three swords, so the picture was just three swords with a triangle drawn around it.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I think Aphelios has enough religious iconography in his design that it gets across the religious fanatic theme, and he has the swooping crescents in there to tie him to the Lunari. He's the archetypical Hitman theme, but with magic: he's silent, he's got a variety of tools, and he's got a handler.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
He is literally based off moon phases, each of his weapons represent one, some more obviously than others.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
If you had asked me earlier in the year I would've been 100% certain we were getting a new kpop boyband with Aphelios and Sett on it.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

strong bird posted:

indigenous americans have names for the moon phases: flamethrower moon, sniper rifle moon, glue gun moon, etc

They say in greek myth the full moon was called calibrum because that's when Artemis would hunt Werewolves with sick snipes.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
The crystals are like their souls and they're still alive, and when the crystals are used it's like torture. It's not really worth getting mad about but they did apparently make a character who knowingly uses torture magic to make pretty songs and didn't really think about that.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I think they said after they made Pan-Theon and then no one bought it they don't want to cross those lines anymore.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I guess the game thinks I don't play enough champions because it will give me skins for whatever I had played once or twice the week before.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
They're gonna change Sona to be a scaling support who gets cdr/ap each time she casts a spell or something they're just taking their sweet time, just like the upcoming Kench rework that has been just waiting for some vfx for a year now.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Jerkface posted:

Can someone explain why Rumble jungle became so OP? AFAIK he didnt get any buffs, was it just nerfing Udyr/Hec that opened it up for him?

They changed his overheat passive to do % health damage so his clear speed went down to nothing.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Can he still bring people with his teleport?

Yeah, but you have to use Devour for it which has a long cooldown now.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Mindblast posted:

Akshan's concept is fun but all the stuff bolted on to him is just :psyduck: inducing. Just the lucian passive on itself is crazy; every auto attack automatically fires a second attack that counts as an auto attack... doesn't that make all the on-hit items crazy on him? Conqueror stacks twice as fast, ruined king procs off of it, etc...

e: his camo has inverse mana cost scaling (it costs less as you level it up) and without any cooldown reduction at lvl 5 it has a two second cooldown and costs zero mana. This feels so weird I hope it indicates there's going to be massive tweaking before release.

...right? :(

He only gets 40% of bonus attack speed to make up for his passive and his camo detection range is gigantic so it's only really good for roaming between lanes which he can do with one point anyway because it's extended when he walks near walls.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
They only made another Man-Thresh so they could make it his default skin in the mobile game, which they said was for age ratings or something.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
The Hot Guy is the free skin in Wild Rift and the one they're adding to LoL is a half assed texture update that's "Free" so pr is doing a terrible job.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
The points are also supposed to grow exponentially because you there's an increasing multiplier each week and you get more sentinels to get points from, but starting out getting so little made people not bother and even with that it's still too little.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Phenotype posted:

Also it seems like the points don't matter anymore because 600 from each game dwarfs what you're getting from the sentinels, and you blow through at least the first few worlds with two games apiece. I've been playing tonight and I'm 8 sentinels in already. I guess in a week or two once the sentinel multipliers go up they'll be contributing a bigger percentage of the total.

No the 600 points was just them admitting they failed completely and they couldn't even fix it if they wanted to at this point, it's a band-aid that just completely breaks whatever progression they had planned. The sentinel points are basically a nonfactor now.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Akshan has had two micropatches to be buff him now because he's functionally useless. I don't blame you for forgetting he was released though because no one wants him on their team.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
You can bodyblock his grappling hook, I think that's something people are just going to learn, and his ult is so easy to block as is. Not even just other champions, minions and towers will take hits for you.

His kit makes sense as a cleanup crew and he needs all this junk because you know what's better than bringing back your teammates? Not having them die in the first place. He's so hyper-specifically designed around jumping in half through the fight and cleaning up that he has to have something to justify the fact his team is always going to start off a fight losing.

Maybe they just shouldn't have made a character solely focused on cleaning up fights but they're 150 characters in I guess they're squeezing blood from stone.

Veev fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jul 29, 2021

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Solo: A League of Legend's Story.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Torchlighter posted:

Edit: To truly stay in the spirit of Youtube Clickbait, have a (slightly) more faithful version:

I'm clicking but the video won't load.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I like having fun

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I didn't particularly mind it but hopefully this means I can play on hextech map a slight bit more.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

njsykora posted:

My friends call me Twisted.

He was too ashamed of being named Tobias.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Barudak posted:

Wait is that not how that works on PC??? That little flourish kicks rear end. Its like 50% the reason I ever play her.

Also I've never understood if Morgana is supposed to be evil Kayle or evil Lux, can someone help with this?

Original Lore: Morgana was doing something with Noxus, Lux was spying on them (that's why she has the spellthief skin) and copied her spells except less evil.

New Lore: I don't know man.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I think literally the exact same thing happened with miss fortune when they were making the gun goddess skin.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
oh man I love to gaslight

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I think people keep buying the sexy witch skins so they keep making sexy witch skins.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I like GG mf but just like that seraphine one I'd really only use like one of the forms so I'm not going to pay more for it.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
They do each have a unique ult animation but except for the one that shoots one handed they're impossible to tell apart.

Like when they redid Pyke's run animation for his legendary skin but it's so similar people didn't notice, there's a lot of effort in there but to what end.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
My straight friend hasn't forcibly combined me into a flesh golem, at least not yet.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I mean you're supposed to knock them through a wall so you can 1v1 them afterward which you can't really do in ARAM

Not going to vouch if it works or not in SR either but you can at least do it there.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Well I mean don't knock them into their team

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

pog boyfriend posted:

whyd they call the item jaksho the protean. thats such a bad name

Well it's a jaksho, and it's the protean, makes sense to me.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Luna Was Here posted:

i kind of assumed jungle got hosed with, it is a new season after all. Is there a detailed write up of the changes? I googled "lol jungle rework" and got the lol pls article but there isn't really any concrete info in there.

You get a little buddy at the start of the game now instead of an item that levels up smite. It attacks camps with you and you feed it treats by clearing camps to level it and your smite up and at max level it gives a permanent buff depending on the pet. Because there's no smite item to give you a lot of sustain camps now give a little bit of health back after clearing each one. Also camps leash a lot quicker so you can't kite much or do double camps until really late in the game, and there's a buff on your opponents camps so they take less damage and make it harder to counterjungle. You get a treat passively like once a minute but falling behind on camps before you level your pet can be pretty bad so it's still worth doing when you can.

Because a lot of your clearing power is tied to your buddy and some changes to jungle health, clear speed is a bit more standardized and generally you get a little lower on your first clear. On the opposite side though when your pet starts getting some treats it will basically just clear the jungle for you.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Unless you're going for a reroll comp early headliners will most be for utility anyway and you'll want to switch them later on to 3 star a 3 cost carry or get a guaranteed 2 star 4 cost. Half the time I'm taking a headliner zac or blitz for an instant frontline anyway and just naturaling a carry.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I think like one Runeterra cards has a joke about Summoners being Wizard gods that never leave their cave, so they might exist but they're such big nerds no one would ever know.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
They spent so much time bug fixing it every patch they just killed it instead.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

njsykora posted:

ADCs are completely useless, that's why every pro game right now is nothing but bot lane ganks to get their ADC ahead for the first 10 minutes.

That's because with the map changes bot is the only gankable lane. Get ready to hear that for a couple months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
LoR games could just take way too long if the opponent roped every decision, I don't think they had a chance to get the Hearthstone crowd which is much simpler on that point.