Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zeris posted:

If Flynn stuff gets out of control, feel free to start a spinoff thread to get us through the weekend.

Also, just a reminder everyone: Flynn will testify and nothing will happen. GOP will not impeach and nobody will resign. Nothing matters.

It’ll be funny if Pence has to live in Dick Cheney’s “undisclosed location” to avoid a warrant at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

How the gently caress was model UN circa 2000 more organized than a real legislature.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Welp guess I’m BSG again.

Its really depressing watching a show when you know the first episode is the best one.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Their donors are going to kill them anyways for loving up their state and local tax exemptions.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

According to all the news, he agreed to take the deal less than 24 hours before it hit said news.

While lying to the FBI is a terrible idea, lying for the FBI is something that can work out.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The tax bill will take some time to show effects right? It’s not like Trump is going sign it and then the next day HR sends out an email blast explaining how your withholding changed.

Or is that exactly how it’ll work?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Well that’ll lead to some changes in pay checks in just a couple of weeks then. I guess I gave Republicans too much credit for being sneaky

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

This tax bill will be directly responsible for the unionization of grad students and I will die of laughter

Senate version doesn’t have that provision in it at least.

I suspect if it goes through the universities will have to dramatically change the accounting of grad school or it’ll become international students only.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Immanentized posted:

I might be mis-remembering, but don't they also consider Employer Tuition Reimbursement to be a separate taxable event?

It’s a fringe benefit above a certain (low) limit apparently.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

How loving dumb is Paul Manafort?

It’s not fair for Mueller to beat up on raid finder Manafort when he could certainly do mythic.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BigDave posted:

Republican National Committie to endorse, support Roy Moore

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...a581_story.html

I guess Al Franken was smart asking to be judged by the ethics committee run by the party that endorses pedophilia.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

$35 is the “gently caress off, we’re full” rate. you want to make it affordable get someone else in the car.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Uma Thurman in “Kill Jim”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Just remember, Wisconsin is selling hunting licenses to infants now, won't be long before fetuseseses get them too.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/10-hunting-licenses-sold-babies-wisconsin/story?id=51484811

This is just a blatant way of letting people get double the quota right?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mister Sinewave posted:

Re the ON WINNING WARS stuff has anyone who ever won a war while stacking bodies higher and deeper than anyone else with an AT ALL COSTS mentality ever successfully like, flipped a switch afterwards that makes leadership forget the whole want-an-omelette-gotta-break-some-eggs-with-us-or-against-us approach when it's time to transition to regular government and poo poo?

Japan after WWII is probably the closest you’d find.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thalantos posted:

How the hell do you smoke 80 joints a day and not just be in a mindless haze the entire time?

I mean, poo poo, I love the green, but I don't think I could smoke that much even if you paid me. Goddamn.

That’s marijuana addiction. Just think of a “functional” alcoholic.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Christ, that’s pretty much a 4 pack a day habit of unfiltered cigarettes. Any claim that joints aren’t as bad for you as cigarettes is based on the fact that you’ll only smoke like one every day at most.

You’d think they’d vape these days.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

I wouldn't call bribing everyone to behave themselves as successful COIN.

How hot of a take is “post WWII Europe and Japan proves this strategy works”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Soulex posted:

I ate THC sushi at marijuana farmers market a year ago too

Is this peak west coast?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

All I really know about Alabama is this

https://youtu.be/c8hwZ3iNcHc

Accurate y/n?

Hes missing Alabama or Auburn gear.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

psydude posted:

e: In re-reading that, it sounds really harsh, but take a drive along the gulf-coast of Mississippi south of Hattiesburg and tell me that I'm wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ25-U3jNWM

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dong Quixote posted:

Lol getting paralytics and suffocating to death, while fully aware (which is what will happen if/when they botch the valium/fentanyl dose), is tantamount to torture. I've seen it happen before where a guy was super tolerant to benzos and opioids and woke up while paralyzed and it sure looked like suffering.

All they have to do is drop the paralytic too.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

what the gently caress

When Neptune gets mad he gets mad

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

He worked in a kitchen so the odds had to be above 50%

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Godholio posted:

So in 2011, Senator-elect Roy Moore appeared on a talk show for idiots, declaring that the 17th Amendment (shifting the election of senators from state legislatures to the people) and 14th Amendment (citizenship and equal rights for former slaves) should be repealed, and that repealing everything else after the original Bill of Rights would "eliminate many problems."

He just wants to raise his own salary.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Wasn't the time to buy like >5 years ago and not right loving now when it's over $16k?

I'm joking it was never the right time

Bitcoin only exists because of human stupidity.

Needless to say we should probably all go long.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

is there any instrument that allows you to short bitcoin

Not outside the bitcoin ecosystem of questionable exchanges that change banks every couple or of weeks.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

Actually, as of Sunday, you can.

You have no idea how much this amuses me.

Am I reading that correct in that there have been 15 trades total so far?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KildarX posted:

Welp, net neutrality is dead.

Looking forward to Comcast’s incoming 180 on this type of stuff they’ve been tweeting for weeks:
https://twitter.com/comcast/status/941355857631162368?s=17

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Saturday night massacre 2: Electric boogaloo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

We said that about Comey and nothing ever came of it.

Comey's contingency is Mueller.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Read the line of posts.

1. I hope Mueller leaks stuff if he gets fired

2. Yeah he has a contingency in place

3. We said that about Comey and nothing came of it

Obviously this isn't referring to talking to the next investigator.

Comey doesn’t have to use a “contingency” so long as Mueller is running the investigation.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

are you agreeing with me since i said "comey didn't have a contingency plan like we all thought" or not?

I’m saying if there was such a thing he would not have had to use it yet.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

hahhaahahahahahahaha it would loving happen too

and you just know he'd be telling the aliens about how he won by the biggest margin in history

The aliens would land in Moscow and greet Putin as the leader of the Earth.

Trump would whine about it on Twitter.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

The articles also state they were storing metal alloys and plastics from UFOs in sites. The guy who was running it quit recently, sparking the article, because he felt that the DoD was not spending enough money on building defenses against like, what he referred to as “numerous reports from navy and other arms of UFOs interfering with operations using beyond advanced technology” or something. What the hell.

He sees our future:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That data center was at their headquarters on the grounds of ATL right?

I would assume that the airport authority would be responsible for the backups and not delta, but...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Right but I’d be surprised if DGS was running the physical plant.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

The lowly Cleveland Browns.

That's alright though. At least you're not a Vikings fan. We're going to make it all the way to the Superbowl played on our own home field and get ruined by the Patriots 48-0.

The stadium people are freaking out about this possibility because it means that they only have a week to go from the NFC championship game with "Vikings" everywhere to the superbowl neutral site setup.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ManMythLegend posted:

Puff Daddy is no Jay-Z.

He'd probably only need 1-2 more people to go in on it.

edit: Correction: fortune guesstimates his net worth as more than Jay-z - 800mil vs 600mil and supposedly the panthers are worth $2bil. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/panther-tracks/article174004921.html So more than just 1 or 2. That said I suspect puffy daddy doesn't need to go too far into his phone book to raise a group for that.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zeris posted:

Doesn’t Canada actually take care of its poor though?

So long as they’re not from a “First Nation”

• Locked thread