Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Top Gun posted:

Jurassic World is a far superior film to both The Lost World And Jurassic Park 3.

Pfffaahhaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
J.A. Bayona is a good director for sure. Just don't know about the followup to Jurassic World, which was shithouse.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

s.i.r.e. posted:

TLW and Jurassic Park 3 "didn't happen" according to Trevorrow.

What's the point of this, exactly?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

banned from Starbucks posted:

My guess is to retcon out site B

What's the point of that?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
To make it realistic she should be fined $5000.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They probably pinned the blame for the JW fiasco on Masrani

Also fairly realistic.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

I'm convinced that the original plan for the Indominus Rex "twist," back when it was called Diabolus Rex, was that it had human DNA because Wu decided humans were the biggest monsters of all.

The drat movie should've focused on Wu.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The part with Wu in it was seriously good, in my recollection the only good part of the movie. Haven't seen B.D. Wong that sinister and sleazy since Father Ray Mukada on Oz.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Also it would've been good not to have 8 pointless subplots.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Looks like poo poo, OP

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

So Dr Wu Is evil for....reasons.?

To be straight with you, Fiendish Dr. Wu is the only good thing about Jurassic World.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It was pretty thrilling when he shows up, and you go "sigh, I remember this guy", and then he starts acting like the biggest touchy rear end in a top hat in the world. Good flip.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yeah too bad all of army man's "I'm gonna use raptors to kill al qaeda" scenes weren't Wu scenes.

There's at least like a half dozen totally redundant characters in JW.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Jessica Chastain joke goes back to the first film, where she's clearly just Fake Jessica Chastain.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mameluke posted:

Those aren't dinosaurs! Neither are behemoths or golems! None of the classic Jewish monsters were dinosaurs! God, I hate these new movies.

I kinda like the idea that Dr. Wu is losing it and by the next movie, there will be a Gigantopithecus or something.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Xenomrph posted:

You can sleep better at night knowing that theory has been debunked:

https://youtu.be/9c7-_by5Ms4

That same YouTube channel also has a pretty convincing explanation for what killed the crew of the SS Venture at the end of The Lost World:

https://youtu.be/jEahCE2Gvdg

That channel has had some neat JP content for the past few months, but you can tell he’s really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately.

I am dying watching this guy's channel.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MrMojok posted:

I had no idea there was such a large and active JP fan-theory community. When I clicked those links there were tons and tons of similar recommended videos that came up!

I'm definitely falling down the rabbit hole on this.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The idea that Ted Levine is in this as a Great White Hunter is making me want to see this piece of poo poo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Impossible was also good, despite itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Not at all because I never saw it come to any streaming service I had.

• Locked thread