Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

So went to a thing for the mental health letter, and during a discussion on recovery I mentioned Sour Cream Saturday.

It's not fetch, but it's happening.

lmao what have I done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
when the wiki article is written I better get proper attribution

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
had an appointment today with the liver doctor and they sent me a copy of the visit notes. each note starts with "jit is a 31 year old transgender female". I get why it's clinically relevant but it kinda sucks to see that as your sole identification, like I'm a tran and nothing else. hate 2b reduced to a label.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shifty Pony posted:

that sucks, there's nothing quite as dehumanizing as medical records. everything turned into a loving code. are the staff at least ok?

and I hope your liver is doing ok. had to go through a bunch of diagnostics for that myself recently and it is no fun.

the staff were great, though a different doctor in the clinic saw me in hospital and kept misgendering me and trying to pull my shirt up during an exam.

my liver is a mystery. I have fatty liver but they don't think whatever hospitalized me is related so I have an mri and monthly blood work until they catch my levels trending up so they can get an active biopsy.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shame Boy posted:

putting sexologists in charge of trans healthcare seems like a terrible idea, yet makes complete sense from the lens of "it's just a fetish" :sigh:

sexologists are not in charge of transition anywhere but Denmark. yeah Denmark is loving up that bad.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Whoa that's surprising, I mean I'm no expert on Denmark but from what I do know I'd've expected better than that

yeah Denmark literally runs all their transgender care through a central clinic called the sexenklinik and afaik it's hella infiltrated with Blanchard types.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
well I just had my first fingernail related pussy accident and boy can that fucker bleed. thought she tore my clit clean off for a second

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

goblin week posted:

the election is this sunday and the current ruling party has already declared the "lgbt ideology" an enemy of the state. 45% approval baby

jfc get you some guillotines

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

RustyKnight posted:

went to lecture at my uni, professor made “people really like adding third value to binary things, like man and woman they ad third sex” “joke” and i just dont know if i should just leave or leave and tell him to go gently caress himself

report him to the dean of students

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
gone home was enjoyable though it's basically a walking sim.

Kathy rain is a fun point and click that isn't queer but is extremely female focused and feels feminist.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SolTerrasa posted:

Mine cost about $1700 for ten sessions in Seattle, which seems lower than other people are reporting. It was a package deal thing. The company doesn't post prices on their website, either, so I can't tell if I got some kind of weird price.

I paid 2500 for 9 sessions in Madison Wisconsin so that's probably gonna be more iospaces range

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Jonny 290 posted:

i hope miike snow hasnt milkshake ducked cause

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_SlAzsXa7E

why what'd they do?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Jonny 290 posted:

no im just saying i really like the song and video and hope its still valid

OK?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shame Boy posted:

it's a music video involving a big laser, i think that's all there is to it

Jonny was just a little worried about posting it in the queer thread in case miike snow had done something lovely, but as far as i know he hasn't so :shrug:

I read it as him doing that straight ppl thing of seeking approval for his tastes from his queer friends for no real reason but miike snow is cool (and the name of a band, not a person) so whatever nbd. was just a bit of a non sequitur

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Anarchist Mae posted:

Hey, so someone tipped me off that y'all very gay.

That's ok, so am I.

welcome conrad

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Zamujasa posted:

just remembered i was going to ask you fine folks if you had any advice for a poc who needs her face hairs lasered off. any suggestions?

also:

:allears:

electrolysis is really the only option for dark skin.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Zamujasa posted:

thanks. it looks like it runs about $50-100 a session, though how many sessions she would need is an unknown.

it's many many hours. I think to clear my chest was about 25 hours? Ms Twiggy is currently doing her face so she might have better insight on the time commitment for face electro.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Zamujasa posted:

that sounds like it gets up to the thousands-of-dollars range, oof.

yeah. my insurance covers it or I couldn't do it. laser costs that much too though. the package I bought to clear my face was 9 sessions for 2500 bucks. and I'm pale af and had dark facial hair and I'm still doing electrolysis to pick off stragglers the laser didn't get.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Achmed Jones posted:

not trying to be dumb, but is there some reason that the other link (https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/98/f0/00066400.0001.png) wouldn't work?

I think graph just didn't see that you were buying it

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
contrapoints is fine. the endless purity testing of her sense of humor is irritating

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Improbable Lobster posted:

isn't she the one that kept tweeting about how much she hates nb/gnc people

idk who she is or what she actually does

that's a pretty extreme mischaracterization of what she said. she tweeted about how othering it is for a bunch of cis people to start a pronoun circle when she's the only trans person in the room and then joked that woke cis people being fixated on nb pronouns right now makes it hard for a "passable tran" like her. that last part is pretty obviously a self-deprecating joke if you know her work at all but people latched onto it as proof that she hates all nb people and is totally a secret alt right.

she's a YouTube personality who does dialectic videos on queer adjacent topics but she has a very internet sense of humor so every time she says or does anything Twitter people come out of the woodwork to scream about her ideological purity and accuse her of being counter revolutionary. because if you're trans and in public the you have to be a perfect member of the vanguard and how dare you not conform to my every expectation.

Blair white is an actual piece of poo poo who is basically a trans minstrel show to support people like Ben Shapiro.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

RustyKnight posted:

Came out to everybody in my team at work, was reeeeeeally nervous, but even though this is Poland and all of them but one are poles it went pretty good, people asked me for my chosen name, how would I like them to address me. Once again people started telling me how brave I am but I still feel like a scared possum.

good work and congratulations

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Yes and no? There was some of that, but attributing even the bulk of the criticisms to screechy tumblr types WHO WON'T EVER BE SATISFIED BY ANYTHING UGH is a dodge and just dismissive of the people whose feelings were genuine and not part of some TEH LEFT IS EATING ITSELF AGAIN narrative.

She really didn't help things with that guff about zoomers and being the last of the old-school transsexuals when a lot of the people saying nothing more than "poo poo take, Natalie" had transitioned years and decades before. Then she hired Buck fuckin Angel and then made a bunch of excuses for his lovely rear end when people went "hey, wait a sec here..."

Also, there's a lot of context...

like you say it's really complicated, but the predominant discourse I see online is "she's bad and a traitor unequivocally" and I'm mostly reacting to that. there's plenty to criticize but the conversation doesn't usually involve good faith criticism.

that said I don't think it's that unusual for binary trans people to miss the days of stealth. I certainly find it othering and embarrassing when a room full of cis people I haven't even disclosed to are fawning all over themselves sharing pronouns, or when something queer related comes up and every head swivels in my direction. it fuckin sucks to not be able to just be another person in the room when you're around trans-accepting cis people these days. the sad reality is that for some (privileged) subset of us increased visibility has made things worse in some ways.

that doesn't mean I want to change things in a way that would make it worse for nb people or people who don't want to be stealth, but I also think it's totally fair for those of us who are stealth in our offline lives to be able to bitch about our own issues a bit without being accused of betraying the revolution. Natalie's sense of humor means she gets taken way too seriously on idle bitching way more often than others

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
love to have the tsa take out and individually examine each of my four successively larger dilators in front of 50 people.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
on top of what other folks have said, there's the slightly more privileged thing that for many trans women and men who are binary the goal is to just live as yourself in your real gender and not have it questioned. in the past it was possible to be "stealth" and people would just treat you as the woman or man you were without question. with the increased visibility of nb people it's now hard to do that in progressive and supportive spaces. you're expected to label yourself trans before every conversation, which can make you feel less authentic and more labeled and othered

the thing is that for nb people having a strong culture of announcing pronouns and such is really important as it helps them not be misgendered. it's a place where the needs of the binary and non binary sides of the community have conflicting needs.

maybe eventually well figure out a good way to do both but in the mean time it can sometimes feel like I'm being forced to disclose my trans status at gunpoint whenever I'm among progressive people.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Personally I prefer a little bit of clumsy overdoing it to being trapped in a situation where I'm forced to deal with people who drop "shemales" right to my fuckin face.

fair. that's why I emphasize that it's a very privileged complaint.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
hey I'm changing my name and avatar later everyone pls post cool gangtags I should have

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
dammit why does my longvatar have a gap. graph what did i do wrong

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

RustyKnight posted:

update: i am no longer dating anyone, she peacefully said that she is not feeling anything towards me, i’m ok at least she wasn’t giving me false hopes, this sucks but at least i don’t have to be stressed out thinking if i am good enough or something.

:glomp:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Pollyanna posted:

look at all these relationshiphavers here

why deal with that when you can simply withdraw? the best goal in life is to reduce suffering

get this self defeating poo poo out of here.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
lol my wife won't let me rebuy it to fix it

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
thanks whoever fixed my avatar

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
in memory of my old brand

http://www.jithub.io
http://www.jithub.cx

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shame Boy posted:

my friend in the uk finally got in to a gender clinic and apparently recently they've made things much better. they've gotten rid of the requirement that you have to get bottom surgery (or "want" bottom surgery) to get hormones, they actually knew what nonbinary people are, and they were incredibly helpful and caring instead of trying to trick her into admitting she didn't need treatment like they previously had.

though apparently this isn't entirely through the NHS, it's through some kind of "grant" system, so who knows if this is a genuine impression of what everyone gets or she's just lucky.

that's because the English NHS is devolved to a bunch of local councils that operates on grants. she must have moved to a council that is doing things better.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

theadder posted:

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/how-to-find-an-nhs-gender-identity-clinic/

'Your GP can refer you directly to one of the eight GICs.'

i believe its this

those "foundation trusts" they're referring to are the councils I mentioned. specific councils decided to do better and the others are just punting their trans people to those councils instead of improving themselves

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
now is probably a good time to reiterate that you should avoid posting personal info itt or anywhere on the forums really.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I've been reading and watching stuff from the past that I never got around to when it first came out and it sucks to be reminded how phobic the world was 15 years ago. I'm watching the machinist and it opens with a trans sex worker joke. I'm finishing 100 bullets and it has way more homo and transphobic commentary than can be justified by just trying to flavor the characters as scum bags.

so much lauded stuff was so casually bigoted :sigh:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
well the machinist was tedious and stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Was just at my Pre-op appointment with Satterwhite and another patient was a state prisoner. They had 5 loving cops with her and she wasn't allowed to have her exam room door closed and half the cops were male. gently caress you Kamala