Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!
"well if you're going to be violent about your opposition to having your face held down in the mud and being drowned, i have no choice but to side with the drowner"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Spaced God posted:

It's so cool when people learn about this for the first time

Next look up the nypd submarine fleet. Or the time they tried to boost officer shooting accuracy during incidents by including officer suicides as one shot perpetrator kills and still couldn't break 30%

lmfao god drat

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Spaced God posted:

I can't find the original quote but I first remember it being cited in the behind the bastards police series. I did find this from the nyt in 2007:

less than 50% accuracy at 0-6 feet, i'm pretty sure you could take any 10 random people off the street and match that

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Al! posted:

i've got some stunning news about nypd recruitment

i get it but presumably they are supposed to put guns in those peoples' hands and have them shoot it a couple times so that they can do better than 50% AT 6 loving FEET AWAY

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Me and the boys in the NYPD training to hit a target 6 feet away:

pulling the target forward and all the holes are in a perfect circle around the body

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

The problem with police training is that the part of their training that deals with threat escalation is based around a grizzled veteran cop screaming at you that you're about to die and if you don't shoot now and fast and immediately without thinking about it the perp is going to kill you, pull your driver's license out of your wallet, go to your house and kill your family too.

You can spend eight hours a day on the range and it won't matter if you've been programmed to poo poo your pants in fear and terror respond with violence

once elon musk can use neuralink to kill the fear in their brain this will no longer be an issue

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

fits my needs posted:

evacuate where

it really all comes down to this

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

WoodrowSkillson posted:

im sorry i expressed hope that less people would die

people were using what you said to point something out, don't act like you're getting bullied

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

thank you, mr. basketball

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Poppers posted:

I wouldn’t kill anyone at a rave. Starting to think this forum doesn’t know the first thing about raves…

you would and you have

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

me when Ocelot says "BOSS! The Enemy Sniper..."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

crepeface posted:

have SYQs even been banned?

i think they were discouraged at one point but afaik as long as you don't directly link to the post it's fine

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Dokapon Findom posted:

I don’t know why anyone would seriously object to having their own words repeated in another place. Its their lovely post! Anyone who complains about being SYQd off is a butt fuckable bitch

if they actually believed the things, they'd have no problem doubling down in defense of them

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Zodium posted:

i can't know if i like it until i read them :mad:

drat, what a conundrum

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

oh so that's what they meant when they were calling it Israel's 9/11

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Smash and grab across the world, US is asleep

Don't Wake Sleepy Joe

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

i'm clicking expose him

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Dokapon Findom posted:

I don’t see the point of SYQ for this. Oh wow, those posters are complete pieces of poo poo? We’ve known this for a year and a half! :nallears:

sometimes its funny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I completely forgot the house doesn't even have a speaker so they can't do an appropriations bill to find Israel right now

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

William Bear posted:

What's SYQ? I tried looking it up, but all I can find is an international airport in Costa Rica.

source your quote aka reposting the text of a bad post from somewhere else but without the quote blocks so it looks like you are posting it in earnest. but people use it now to just mean "quote from another subforum"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
The West: ahh i've just finished setting up my next proxy war to send all of our weapons and military resources to! now let me take a big sip of water...

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Oglethorpe posted:

al jazeera arabic using command and conquer sprites lol what

i fuckin loved peace walker

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Nonsense posted:

Who must go?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

funny how easy it is to advocate for people to passively allow themselves to be killed for a greater ideological victory when they are not the ones that have to do the dying

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah and got massacred for it

yeah but maybe if they did and got massacred for it like 2 or 3 more times they would gain the sympathy of the world and win the greater, symbolic victory of being an unfortunate footnote in the empire's past

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Cheen posted:

i knew usa today was "easy reading" news but this is going too far

i get the gist

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

HallelujahLee posted:

i like how we make joke posts about voting and marching for peace and these dipshit garbage liberals make them seriously

they think that the real world works like the end of How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Stereotype posted:

this all seems bad but I haven’t been paying attention for the past decade at least nor am I really paying attention now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol got his rear end

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

oh the united states would just HATE that

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
"we think Iran wants us to do the thing we also very much want to do"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Al! posted:

believe it or not irsn, just like evey other country, would very much not like to be invaded and its people killed, despite what some bitcoin tom clancy thinks

oh no poo poo??

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Sancho Banana posted:

An American invasion of Iran would legit be Vietnam 2.0. No way they'll go for it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Atrocious Joe posted:

It's reporting what US intelligence officials believe. It's possibly right on that. It has nothing to do with Iran's actual actions and everything to do with how the anti-Iran faction is maneuvering within the US state.

this was how i read it as well

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Sancho Banana posted:

They've gotten a little smarter. Just a little bit. Enough that things will have to get worse before they really start considering it imo.

we went into Iraq 20 years ago

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
if the last 50 years of US foreign policy are anything to go off it's that we absolutely refuse to learn a lesson

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
there's only one person who will vote against the resolution to go to war with Iran: Marjorie Taylor Greene

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Al! posted:

(its slc numbnutses)

i've never been to either

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Personally my eyes glaze over when someone posts a skyline

oh i'm supposed to zoom in to every photo to inspect it. gtfoh. it's a city it's got mountains, i get the point

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

Kitfox88 posted:

my god the iranians are already infiltrating america we must strike NOW

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation