Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

the concept of launching an operation with a new kind of airborne troop then immediately posting a promo video across the internet is pretty nuts

The fact that they could keep this under wraps with so much participation while also building media packages is pretty nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Gresh posted:

How long until NAFOids and liberals start saying Hamas conspired with Putin to launch this attack in order to divert US/NATO resources/attention in Ukraine?

Already becoming a prominent theory in r/worldnews.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Christians believe that Israel has to rebuild the temple before Jesus can return so Israel has to control the whole area

always wanted to grill my parents on how their all-powerful god was locked behind a location-specific summoning spell but alas. it never came up naturally in conversation

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

GoLambo posted:

Literally dumping at least 1,000 rounds of ammunition into a civilian SUV to end up just killing one of your own civilians.

Absolute keystone cops poo poo. Goddamn. These guys are absolutely not prepared for this. They are so hosed.

also seemingly standing in each other's crossfire, no wonder those two units killed each other

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Nonsense posted:

American settlers flee in terror. Israel cannot protect them from their criminality any longer

https://twitter.com/PalHighlight/status/1710950481843961890

gonna be real rough when they find out not only is the housing in New York not 'free' but has gone up considerably in cost since they were last theree

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

It's a long weekend, but with the exception of my cousin who was assigned to MFO and had to deal with Israelis, and people who have worked in UNTSO Lebanon, where Israel deliberately targeted the observers in 2006, it's going to be the same as in the rest of the Anglosphere. IWI takes everyone out to the ranges to shoot Tavors at a glossy event every year even though they have no intention of selling them to Canada and we have no intention to buy them.

It's going to be terrorists this, terrorists that, Israel will inevitably be victorious etc etc. I wasn't around for the Lebanon War, but if you go back and read anything on it, everyone assumed it was going to be a slam dunk.

the triggers are supposed to be spongy anyways

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

it’s astonishing to watch a load bearing pillar of imperial invincibility crumble so spectacularly

like watching how much western weapons were hyped up in Ukraine before being blasted and ditched by crews in fields far from both the front lines and repair depots.

just hollow memorials to a dying empire

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

They also seem to love to put the word rape in all their posts despite having no evidence of it.

clearly a talking point being pushed by the digital army or whatever, it's like every other post on Reddit too by accounts with little to no activity outside of rabid israelposting

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

I mean isn't it a bit late to be finding this poo poo out?

you're gonna need 72 hours of food and water

when?

now

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

you could just not take the bait you dumb fuckers

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
The Nazi apologists at the Kyiv Independent are pretty loving desperate to keep America's attention

https://kyivindependent.com/military-intelligence-russia-gives-hamas-weapons-captured-in-ukraine-to-discredit-kyiv/

Military intelligence: Russia gives Hamas weapons captured in Ukraine to discredit Kyiv

quote:

Russia has transferred Western-made weapons captured in Ukraine to the extremist organization Hamas fighting against Israel in an effort to discredit Kyiv, Ukraine's military intelligence (HUR) reported on Oct. 9.

Moscow plans to falsely accuse the Ukrainian military of selling weaponry provided by the U.S. and EU to Hamas, according to HUR.

"As part of the Kremlin's disinformation campaign, these fakes should form the basis of a number of 'revealing articles' and 'investigations' in Western media," the HUR wrote.

According to the intelligence agency, Russian special services plan to use Ruslan Syrovyi, a senior lieutenant from the Ukrainian Border Service who has committed treason and fled to Moscow, as a "source" for this campaign.

"Another provocation by the enemy aims to discredit the Armed Forces of Ukraine and make Western partners cease military aid to our country," HUR said.

now I'm wondering if Ukraine really did sell them weapons

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

well aside from whatever the hell is going on right now,

https://twitter.com/Dauragon/status/1711400116106510602

the everpresent sinophibia seeping through

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

triple sulk posted:

is it just me or is there wildly more awareness of how loving lovely the media and governments are with the pro-israel narrative compared to even a few years ago?

I think the similar terribleness over Ukraine and the realization that a lot of those narratives were horseshit when it was obvious thing we're going wrong may have helped

and/or Trump sowing distrust in the media had a thick loving silver lining

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

this is their way of covering up the scale of the disaster inflicted on the IDF, they wont admit to all of it ar once but on a trickle to make it seem smaller

also if your narrative is "they targeted civilians" but immediate release of names show 1100/1300 deaths being IDF it would start to fall apart

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

ahhhhhh gently caress I hate him so much

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

What do we define as "lose" here? Unofficial official Israeli policies are... something.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

In short: Israel's nuclear policy is to ensure the destruction of the world if Israel is "lost".

Or, at least to phone up the US president and say that is what is going to happen if you don't start loading up every cargo plane you have right now.

The irony is not lost on me that the whole reason Samson was captured in the first place is that he wouldn't stop slaughtering Philistines

edit: I mean his own girlfriend. turned him because he was such a monster

text editor has issued a correction as of 02:15 on Oct 12, 2023

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

quiggy posted:

my wife had npr on in the shower this morning and they had a blurb that was like "in israel, the deadliest day for the jewish people since the holocaust. and in gaza, the death toll also is rising"

no actual comparison of numbers or anything like that, just a direct conflation of the hamas attack with the holocaust and then a technically-true-but-hugely-misleading statement about palestinians dying

lol that kind of description leaves you free to insert you choice of number up to 6 million dead

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

BrotherJayne posted:

Dude, stfu.

Jerusalem Post is saying the story was verified when it's two dead babies. He did a recce, he kept it circumspect, and he confirmed that JP is full of poo poo.

Yeah it's one of those "someone has to bear witness" things. As gross as it is, operating 100% on hearsay is bad and evidence of crimes (or in this case, lack of crimes) must be reviewed somehow

edit: also the description was about as high-level, nondescript you can get for these things

text editor has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Oct 12, 2023

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"We gave them Coke Zero, and they said, 'No, we want Diet Coke.'"

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1712221575544517081

there's this weird string of interviews with people who survived because they showed the militants some humanity - I don't get it, did they put something in the food to suppress their innate Muslim bloodlust?

wild

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

I know nothing of this person - Wikipedia, show me whatcha got!

quote:

In May 2022, Galit Distel-Atbaryan claimed in an interview that “there is no such thing as autism”, and shared how she “treated” her autistic son, by refusing him food and water until he talked. The comments caused a stir and led to criticism from autistic people and their familie

:stare:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

OK I'm at least ...40% sure that's a photoshop

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

ammo 4 🇵🇸 defense war

that's the second option with a little :10bux: trading hands

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
So, admins of reddit / mods of /r/worldnews, why'd the AMA get cancelled?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

wait so this was before the main attack and much of the israeli defences were still caught unawares? how incompetent are they

They were moving troops in place before the invasion that caught them off guard

hmmm

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

You know what? Not a bad strat

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
there was that plentyoffish girl who stabbed a guy during sex over Soleimani

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Looney Tunes-rear end army keeps dying to friendly fire, tanks rolling off trains, their own munitions 'malfunctioning' - the more accidental deaths they rack up, the worse it's gonna be if they deescalate, but if they put these reservists into battle against any hardened fighters there will be massive losses

text editor has issued a correction as of 05:58 on Oct 15, 2023

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Look I don't believe in god or anything but if you cut off water to people and then you get so much rain it causes flooding that stops your genocide, you might want to consider that the universe trying to send you a message? idk

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Biden saying he's confident Israel will protect innocent lives is loving incredible. What does he think happens to 2 million people under a total siege?

He also said we can back two separate wars and defended it with something like "we're the United States, come on" when anyone paying attention knows both Israel and US dug into their armor lies for Ukraine, then had to start giving Ukraine old unused cluster munitions instead, then complained how Russia was out producing them 7 to 1 on artillery.

He's just doing statesman poo poo. Behind the scenes, the US probably can't back a war past a certain point and the state department is making GBS threads themselves over this spiraling into a regional thing that will overwhelm our capacity

It second up before I. The U/R thread and of course the US will lose WWIII thread, but I think the US doesn't have quite the war fighting capability we pretend to thanks to neoliberal rot and grift

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Comrade Koba posted:

the bodies are barely in the ground but it seems like they're already busy making a documentary about the rave festival. :psyduck:

it was mostly finished months ago, they just needed to wait for the b-roll footage and names of victims

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Hatebag posted:

no, skull face

kojina was right. again

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Yeah I assume whenever a western diplomat visits they do some kayfabe to put everyone in bomb shelters for an hour or two so that whichever ghoul comes away with a reinforced belief that Israel is constantly threatened. Seems like the easiest PR move in the world.

never asked my parents but I assumed they did that for holy land & birthright tours too, or at least fired the sirens for a minute before declaring false alarm

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Two competing Israeli narratives I see right now are:

-It was a misfired Hamas rockets
-IDF was targeting secret Hamas terror tunnels under hospital

They haven't concentrated on 1 yet, but it seems they are leaning towards the "unusually powerful Hamas rockets" lie

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Death By The Blues posted:

This is footage of the strike. It is very clearly a missile strike from a warplane

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1714337776873640216

Yeah that ain't no rocket misfire or rocket stockpile cookoff

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

DiscountDildos posted:

Anderson had to censor himself on the fly because he's in tel aviv

https://twitter.com/SanaSaeed/status/1714346518616920092?s=20

Wonder if it's like that video I saw earlier of another journalist and there some armed crazy IDF guys standing besides the cameramen

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Israel is going to knock Air Force One out of the sky and blame it on Hamas and then be stunned when public opinion turns heavily in Hamas' favor afterwards

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

aren't you the notepad++ guy

someone bought the notepad++;logo for me to replace one I had of the vim logo back when I posted in yospos more

edit: and I didn't bother changing it for like 8 years after that

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

IOF propaganda in Israel: Hamas is made up of human animals. Everyone in Gaza is Hamas. We will wipe Hamas clean.
IOF propaganda in the US: We fight not only for our own democracy, but to bring democracy to the Palestinians too.

same energy as a Ukrainian explaining to CNN reporters what the patches on their plate carrier stand for

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

The fact that they don't attribute it to Hamas is basically admitting it was Israel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
If Hezbollah is going to fire rockets at anything, hit the internet exchanges for fucks' sake so the Internet will have 50% fewer rabid psychos for a little bid