Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
have there been *any* released images of the israeli hostages outside of the nice young gentlemen carrying old ladies to their van because i feel like i shouldn't be shocked at how badly they're loving this PR opportunity up, and yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
the israelis have to be sweating blood knowing they airstriked the little ginger kids everybody became obsessed with

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Ringo Roadagain posted:

it was not testimony of the rapes. it was testimony that there is testimony of the rapes. is this not good enough for you?

"believe israeli women!" like it's not just a bunch of dudes from that volunteer ambulance poo poo telling penthouse letter-tier stories about things they heard from some other guy who heard from some other guy.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
I wonder if you can match anyone in those photos with the list of people killed on 10/7. statistically there has to be at least one.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

It is shocking how many complete normies I know that have been fully radicalised against Israel over the past couple months. The Great Satan is gonna lose.

moms loving LOVE ansarallah. my mom was completely won over by how "nice and polite" their spokesman sounded in a clip on MSNBC and now she asks for updates on how her "boys" are doing.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
the NYT poo poo is so goddamn annoying, because literally everything in it, from the actual opening sentences on, is poo poo that I, random idiot who doesn't have journalistic access but does have two working eyeballs, sussed out as bullshit weeks ago.

at this point, I just want someone with an actual journalist job to ask the one question I cannot find any answer to: where do they think hamas found a bunch of nails at nova festival? or a shovel? did they bring them with explicit plans for genital mutilation? where did they get enough nails for multiple vaginas at a concert?

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Sancho Banana posted:

Israelis are still having a mental breakdown

"'A crumbling system': The demand for mental treatment is rising - and HMOs are struggling to handle the load"

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1744026985636991111?t=-D6CN-CFYjTRy8PcE8TJTA

48% of Maccabi (an HMO) patients have reported a worsening mental state
There's a 52% increase in people diagnosed with anxiety in Clalit (also an HMO)
There's a 90% increase in the consumption of psychiatric medication with no prescription (Maccabi Patients)
Eran (mental first aid organization) has received about 90 thousand requests for mental assistance - a 50% increase since the start of the war
Among Clalit patients, there's a 25% increase in people who've requested mental treatment
There's a 125% increase in distress calls among kids and teenagers

According to a poll conducted by Maccabi, the amount of Israelis that define their mental state as "very good" has dropped to 34%, having been 62% before the war.

The HMOs are struggling to handle the load, which was already bad even before the war. The problem is exacerbated by Israel's relatively low number of psychiatrists (only 800), and the fact that a very large number of mental health professionals work in the private sector (two thirds of psychologists) for much higher pay. Psychologists in the public sector make 55 shekels per hour of treatment on average, compared to 400 shekels in private clinics.

"There's a 90% increase in the consumption of psychiatric medication with no prescription (Maccabi Patients)" wait what

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Sancho Banana posted:

Some of them, yes.

which ones???

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
wasn't the fauda showrunner killed in the first looney tunes fake tunnel bomb?

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Frosted Flake posted:

I was just rereading the last page, and I don't want to make a big thing of it, but a lot of what people think the Spanish did to the Jews is more or less the legacy of later Dutch propaganda, popularized through woodcuts and pamphlets during their own conflicts with Spain, and adopted in English as part of the Glorious Revolution.

The Black Legend bleeds into pretty much all English language popular history about the Early Modern Era, the Inquisition witch burnings and the program to convert or expel Jews and Moors after the seizure of Grenada. Prior to the fall of Grenada, for example, the Spanish crown promoted Jewish colonization of the border regions with the Moorish states, creating the mercantile infrastructure needed to provision armies in those days and so allowing Spanish military power to project further into Iberia, and that direct crown investment was a large reason for the wealth of the Jewish community during the period.

I think your main mistake here is referring to "the Spanish crown." firstly, there was no united Spain at this time; we're talking about castile and, later aragon. we're also talking about three different rulerships: the reigns of John II and Henry IV were still part of the relative "convivencia." the "black legend" was born with their successor: Isabella of Castile.

was there protestant propaganda? definitely. dutchmen with their printing presses and poo poo. but the spanish crown expelled the jews and muslims from spain after decades of torture. there's nothing legendary about it.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

carcinofuck posted:

https://x.com/geofffhughes/status/1745767314119700719?s=20

ps I don't know what chekovs gun is but I know you do

narrative principle: if you mention a gun in act one, it better be important by the end of the story.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
this feels like a longshot, but I remember seeing it in here so I want to ask: does anyone have that video of the LGBT tiktoker who responded to people being like "if you went to gaza you'd be killed!" by going to palestine on an aid mission and not being murdered at all?

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
thank you kindly! needed this to beat pinkwashing hasbara idiots over the head with

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the entire field of hasbara is twisting themselves into the most tortured logic.

https://twitter.com/econyamics/status/1749123970236920303?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

I've read references to it multiple times, but is the "grandma snuff video posted to facebook" like.

a real thing that actually happened?

I feel like that would be constantly loaded into the hasbara chamber if that had actually been posted.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
something about the israeli soldier bringing out a long gun from under his niqab is just. enraging me.

like god every accusation is a confession, every single one

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
I saw this and honestly thought it was anti-israel until I saw who posted it.

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1754143738228552070

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

they really only put the uggos on the front lines, huh.

do you think any of them ever look around the tank and go "hey why is my hot friend cassie back at base making thirst traps while i'm stuck with the cast of the oblongs?"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Sancho Banana posted:

I haven't seen the video but this guy's death was announced last month. It's all true, he was Major and (among others) led the operation in Al-Shifa.

https://www.ynet.co.il/news/article/sky4kl00qa

if you remember the video of the two soldiers watching a bulldozer, and then one gets sniped in the spine and drops like a rock while the other runs away? he's apparently the sniped guy.

which, idk, i would have thought majors had more important things to do than "supervise" a bulldozer.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Cuttlefush posted:

how many of these do you watch a day

hamas and hezbollah release videos of military operations pretty much every week. it was mainly a pretty fascinating look into how they actually make the ghoul sniper rifles.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
so, I was wondering if anybody here has any clearer info on this whole binyamin achimair business? basically, the really insane pogroms the settlers were doing were ostensibly because this teenage settler went missing while tending his sheep and then was found dead, but it all feels very william of norwich to me and I'm confused on the timeline. does anybody know anything more concrete?

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Regarde Aduck posted:

i think hamas probably shot a load of armed settlers but armed settlers aren't civilians. Also from what I heard the settlers got into gun fights with both IDF forces AND each other

in videos from the music festival, taken by israelis that day, you can *hear* the firefights taking place; hamas was shooting, yes, but armed police and security guards were shooting back.

you also see hamas fighters taking weapons off dead israelis, so by the time emergency workers came to pick through the remains it's all "these were unarmed civilians."

hamas likely shot civilians, likely on purpose, but it's equally likely those "civilians" were armed.

edit: actually, shooting an unarmed civilian would be asinine; that's clearly someone you'd take hostage instead.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

BearsBearsBears posted:

Weren't there pictures of Merkava tanks at the festival?

video, even! though, I don't think anybody actually *used* this tank outside of hiding behind it? they're armed, you can see multiple cop-looking guys with guns, but i think the tank is just. there. as security theater?

https://x.com/GeoConfirmed/status/1733315829968564254

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
so are the galaxy leader crew really not allowed to leave because their contracts would see it as abandoning their posts? that's so stupid.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
okay this is going to be a weird question, but it's israeli independence day again and I'm really hoping I can figure this one out eventually.

y'all remember the videos of the past independence days with that weird frog woman who wanted to kill palestinians, right? in one of the videos, there was this. clown? in a military helmet, just kind of standing in front of the screaming horde in silence.

does anyone know what's the deal with this clown.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

uber_stoat posted:

ever heard of the Day the Clown Cried? the Israelis have incorporated its mythos into their national culture.

or maybe it is this.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/weekend/2022/06/03/meet-the-clown-of-jerusalem-who-brings-love-and-laughter-to-violent-protests/

YES YES YES THAT HAS TO BE IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
https://twitter.com/qudsnen/status/1791238773583257926