Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

actionjackson posted:

amazing how you know the full bios of everyone in the video. pretty sure military service is mandatory in Isreal anyway so eh

gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

lol @ the brain washed Americans who during every single conflict define fascism only as “anti semitic” and somehow it turns out only Americas allies are capable of good

the west has so much stolen wealth that what is happening in Israel will be visited 10fold upon us if god is just and people will try to pretend all the snakes who’ve spent decades supporting evil are innocent civilians

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

thank you mods for doing the brave thing and standing up for Israel on an American forum. 🫡

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Nix Panicus posted:

Its disappointing, but this is probably one of the handful of places in the west you're allowed to say death to israel

Incidentally, I stand with Palestine and Hamas and believe the genocidal oppressor state of Israel should be destroyed, and I do not condemn any of the violence Hamas has enacted against their jailers. Casting off their chains is a messy, brutal affair and Israel has only itself to blame for the violence. Every single death is unequivocally the fault of Israel.

I agree 100% and there is no amount of news stories or mealy mouthed Americans who can convince me that the concentration camp prisoners are actually the real antisemitic fascists that symbolize rising nazism in the world

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Raccooon posted:

It’s pretty demoralizing to see how many people are cheering on the mass murder of Palestinians with glee. I don’t even understand where the hatred of this level of an oppressed people comes from.

probably from living in a country that has several active and previously successful genocides and blockades that entered ww2 to save the nazis from losing to the soviets and folded them in as well

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

paul_soccer12 posted:

if you check out any israeli media produced for domestic consumption they dont even pretend its not a colonial ethnic-cleansing project. All that poo poo is purely for western audiences, although they seem to be dropping the pretense there as well recently

yeah it’s never been hidden very well. and the vocal pro Israel people have always known and agreed with it

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

ikanreed posted:

Is it the English language that makes people evil dishonest pieces of trash?

western scientists have spent generations researching race and still the only statistically significant racial predictor known is that white westerners are evil and violent

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about

it’s funny watching a parade of love the liberalism but hate the consequences

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

why do we support Israel? well we have to go back to the 1500s when Americas forefathers spent centuries genociding the western hemisphere and creating a slave trade…

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

I still find myself in the dark about how this whole thing started, i have to be honest.

The various circumstances surrounding it continue to allude me (something about a rave? Underground tunnels? Parachutes? What?:psyduck:)

so much insane bullshit surrounding all of this that the only that makes sense to me is the western media calling it "Israel's 9/11" because of the reasons I just stated

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakba

here you go op

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Death By The Blues posted:

Iranians truly the best engineers in the world.

I think Iran has the greatest percentage of engineers in the world

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

i say swears online posted:

even if they all show up instead of going AWOL it's horrific for morale

good

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Cactus Ghost posted:

yeah i mean if columbia and ireland proved anything its that giving armed insurgencies a path to political legitimacy can be an effective strategy for (idealistically) a lasting peace or (cynically) disarmament and defanging. israel had the opportunity of a lifetime when hamas won the elections and they blew it in essentially every manner possible

you have no idea what you’re talking about

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

Woke up, it's close to 9am here in Euroland, having my morning coffee, reading the papers. Another liberal socialdemocrat in my city has snapped. District councillor, been helping refugees from 2015 onwards. Then made an awful sexist post in 2017, but somehow was not kicked out of the party, cause if a liberal does it and then cries a lot and apologizes they get at least one free strike.

Oct. 7th happens and muslim citizens peacefully protest in the streets, calling Israel child murderers. And immediately that councillor's brain broke and now he demands deportation of every refugee who is not on board with genocide.

What a world.

Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In this case refugees in Europe. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues.

In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to Bloodlands and read another chapter

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

mcmagic posted:

he has a white nationalist fan base he's trying to appeal to and they hate jews.

then why is America supporting Israel?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this is supposed to be a memorial song for 250 dead ravers and it sounds like the most schizophrenic chiptunes remix of all time

you play to the fans you have not the fans you want

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

I know it's weird but I feel even more repulsed by the idea the US is all in on genocide because Line Go Up.

Like, say what you will about pure murderous bigotry or insatiable bloodlust, at least that poo poo is identifiably mammalian.

has anyone heard of this place? America? apparently they’re supporting a genocide. I never would have believed it myself

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I think it's keen to note that many white supremacists have taken up the Palestinian cause as a way to stick it to the Jews and not a way to create a humanitarian solution. Like all these people like Hinkle come out of the woodwork and support Palestine and all of this other poo poo simply to forward their own Nazi/ supremacist agenda.

Some of the neo-Nazis like Israel because it's what they want, racial isolation. Other neo-Nazis would like to support Palestine because they know that Arab countries in general have 911 as a template for their annihilation. It's far easier to annihilate a free Palestine than it is to annihilate and Israel that is a colonizer state.

As well as the fact that if Iran actually does anything against Israel, then the white supremacists win because Jews die and Arabs die in the whole conflict.

Clearly you all know my stance on this, and I'm bringing it up as an item of discussion. But we should all be cautious of who we are citing and quoting, even if they are quoting what seems like it lines up with the sensible political opinion.

I mean Israel is using this very fact to their advantage, and trying to wrap all Jews into the blanket of Zionism. And trying to again court American Jews with the idea that they are in under threat. It is literally there to forward the agenda of getting more jews to live in Israel and colonize the loving place further.

Certain American Jews will see israel as a place where they can feel safe under the iron dome and IDF's Nazi genocide.

I mean let's not forget Germany calling up all of the ethnic Germans to come back to Germany before world War II sparked

hmm maybe but this just sounds like made up bullshit from someone who has been completely drowning in American propaganda their whole life.

do you think American and Israeli conservatives are working in tandem to make America and Israel lose so they can finally kickstart the holocaust against jewish people who nearly all live in America and Israel? if they want to commit a genocide against Jewish people why bother jumping through all the hoops?

thanks for casually making a post that says Palestine supporters may be hidden anti semites and need to be purity tested you loving stupid rear end in a top hat.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I think I checked three times if this was the onion

aren’t afrikaners wildly antisemitic? I guess shits changing fast

it’s wild the number of people who post things like “wait [x] supports Israel in their genocide against Arabs I thought they were nazis” but never actually finally connect the dots

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

bawfuls posted:

idk man hard to figure out how the average American would react to several thousand dead American sailors at the hand of Russia, it’s not like a huge portion of the US public has been primed for years to hate Russia or anything

the safest move is probably to be good friends with an army explosives designer while calling for cooler heads to prevail and letting the active ongoing genocides continue quietly and keep sitting on 90% of the worlds stolen wealth

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Called my lovely dem congressman and told him to support a ceasefire.

is this the new lib “no fly zone”? how does joe Biden dictate a ceasefire?

why would hamas agree to a ceasefire and put down their weapons to return to the old normal of a slow less publicized genocide when they are winning?

if you’re gonna ask Santa for something you should ask him to disarm Israel and stop supporting them

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Al! posted:

a zionist, a rabbi, and a nazi walk into a tank and they carry him out in a body bag

lol

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

PhilippAchtel posted:

It's so cool how we're still fighting literal Nazis 80 loving years later. It's even more cool that they call us the Nazis.

I love it. I love this timeline.

unless you’re Russian I’m not sure you can say you’ve been fighting nazis for 80 years. if you’re American we’ve been the assumed flag bearer of the nazis for 80 years

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Rubellavator posted:

feel like twitter is basically liveleak at this point. the kind of poo poo that gets posted on there used to be reserved for websites that only weirdos obsessed with gore would visit.

I’m sorry you have to see that but that is a valid use of what you call “gore” - it’s images of what our government is doing and it’s designed to be shown shockingly to Americans to force them to confront it and, ideally, act.

Twitter wouldn’t be a better place if we scrubbed away all the atrocities without actually stopping them.

it’s different than when someone seeks out a video to celebrate it like you see on other forums

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Zodium posted:

and that hatred produces support for israel. that's why the likud strategy of conflating zionism and judaism works. the anti-semitic guy saw a star of david necklace in the gym changing room and assumed the wearer was a zionist based on that, then called him jødesvin (a pretty serious danish slur against jewish people) as he was leaving, and thus he will be leaving for israel because that's the only place he can feel safe to wear a star of david in public. as far as anything this article reports goes, netanyahu could not have asked for a better result. it's a textbook case of how conflating zionism and judaism produces support for israel, but the article doesn't itself conflate the two.

do you actually believe this anonymously published anecdote from a private biased danish citizen?

let’s say it was true. obviously it could be— how is a random danish racist making a comment giving Netanyahu exactly what he wants? do you think that even if antisemitism were on the rise that their actions in Gaza would be justified?

I think you’re twisting yourself into knots trying to say the right words while responding to propaganda and that’s probably closer to what the western disinformation campaign wants

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

RedSky posted:

Providing the rationale for the GWOT is good actually

victims aren’t responsible for atrocities visited upon them no matter how many flimsy justifications are manufactured. nothing about the event was a reasonable rationale for the GWOT. quit using fascist language

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Israeli propaganda, international edition

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

*overlord voice* we require more gameten extractors

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

salartarium posted:

I didn’t take a class but got a 5 on World History and the study materials I have definitely have him in it. Interestingly, it’s just in the context of the Oslo accords and the Rabin assassination.

What they think is important is so opaque to me. I had content on the Boxer Rebellion for 3 tests.

thanks that’s really interesting to know

galagazombie posted:

There are a billion better ways you could accelerate Americas decline via armed resistance alone, and OBL chose none of them.

I don’t want to come off like a dick or anything but the number of people who care about a westerners opinion on how the oppressed should properly resist is 0. there are a billion other places to share this - please don’t here

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

what happened to the guy who had it on good authority through discord that Egypt was massing an army to invade Israel and free Palestine

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Just started the Stalin biographyand apparently Israel used to be based. Upon learning about stalins death:

a huge retard: hmm commanding generals of the Nakba? sounds based as hell

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

1stGear posted:

Goddamn, that feels like a bit of an escalation.

how? the us has been funding a genocide and war against ansarallah and the Yemen people for a decade

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

It's no secret that Israel and Hamas are both monstrous. And hopefully (but doubtfully), other countries will start being able (and willing) to apply enough pressure to get Israel to stop killing altogether

uhh?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

fizziest posted:

You got syqed.

that was a good one. I could easily see several of the resident cspam libs typing that exact post here authentically

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Votskomit posted:

For a while I thought cspam stood for communist-spam, and the idea of "cspam libs" still feels like a contradiction to me.

I think it’s because most of the other political chat areas on this forum are so insanely ghoulish it makes even a bog standard US liberal’s stomach turn

it probably doesn’t help that leftism is so ill defined it’s considered leftist to be anti genocide which tbh is really a humanitarian issue not a economic one but …. *gestures about wildly* here we are in the discourse lol

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

genocide by the west has been justified repeatedly in economic terms and is in fact foundational to the liberal economic project

for example, locke has a whole thing justifying the theft of land from the native americans when he is establishing the liberal idea of land as property

ok.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Kunabomber posted:

Not sure if I should be glad that dispensationalism is dead and buried or be more terrified that its successor is just pure nihilistic hatred and greed

wow an honest to god - I thought At least this genocide had an ethos post lmao

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Mushika posted:

No, I don't and neither do you. We can make those distinctions because we're adults who can do so. And you and I don't have the unfortunate situation of being in the thick of things to be able to blame the heat of the moment. Don't be an edgy rear end in a top hat.

shut the gently caress up. someone coyly asked what the third line said and someone translated it. no one here is engaging in widespread antisemitism or whatever. Jesus Christ loving dogs of the empire

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Mushika posted:

I'm genuinely sorry. I didn't understand the situation. I shouldn't have opened my dumbass mouth, and I won't again.

ahhh quit being so nice and making me feel bad for aggro posting!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Kunabomber posted:

That's obviously not what I said, what the gently caress is wrong with you

calm down. I never said you supported it I was making fun of the wording