Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Never forget that Grim Sakura's elemental chain ability is Fire/Dark dual type. In a massively lopsided situation like this, it means she does half as much damage as a full fire chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

For anybody who needs a carry, or who just wants to press auto once in a while, I have a 99% auto carry up. The boss has to auto-attack 3+ times a turn (which it does rarely) a bunch of times in a row to make any significant headway against Pure White Blessing, everything else is resisted. Just hit auto and wait a few minutes.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Managed to barely beat the raid on pro with all the neat stuff I got lately. Barbariccia landed a few clutch counters to finish it off as the only one alive.

Grab my friend code off the spreadsheet, I've got a solo carry up, every time he's up, you can have him do elite for you.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Ogha seems really fun. Provoking, all kinds of weird random counterattacks and buffs/debuffs for both magic and physical... just gotta make sure he has the HP to tank it all.

Sure, he's no Demon Rain, but is Demon Rain metal? Does Demon Rain headbang for his limit break?

No. No, Demon Rain does not.

He's even more metal than that.

"Inflict berserk (ATK +420%) for 3 turns to caster"

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PDQ Law posted:

Added. You'll get there eventually. All this talk about future 7* power creep got me remembering the March Ifrit raid, which I think was the first that required a full 6* team and even then I couldn't do it without NinjaD's Lightning carry.

That was amazing, nothing like a carry that takes almost an hour to finish.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

(me trying for Basch since I don't have a magic cover tank and Basch is obscenely good)
Dana - Today at 10:50 AM
gently caress it, may as well spend all my lapis, just so they can announce VP banner next week to really crush my spirit

Alim/Gumi - Today
WE GOT YOU COVERED BRO

Another crossover we won't get.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

YriggsSA, your friend list is full so I cannot accept your invite.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't have any of those units so I'm not as excited but I do have and am looking forward to Ling, Cupid Artemios, Roselia and Ruggles, in that order, getting enhancements.

Cupid Artemios looks like he'll finally get a good bow during this event.

Unless they give him tdh, the only bow he wants is tinkerer bow so he can get 130 percent passive attack, I think.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Skyridge posted:

I'm actually starting to think that the theory that they're actually trying to kill the global version is true.

They're gonna move up 7 star because nobody's dropping money, everybody's waiting for 7 star and step-ups.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Raid time means friend list purge time. I have a bunch of spots open at 103,135,071, with an A2 solo carry up. Just load her and hit auto, and a couple minutes later you're done.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://kotaku.com/eight-big-final-fantasy-type-0-hd-questions-answered-1628600728

"There is a part where we believe it's kind of like the first step," Tabata said. "When we released Type-0 on the PSP in Japan, we were able to garner a new audience, a younger user-base. There's a lot of fans who say that Type-0 was their first Final Fantasy, so we're hoping that'll be the same for the overseas market as well, in kind of garnering and capturing that new age group when a lot of our Final Fantasy fans are becoming older, more mature.

They're goddamn idiots who deluded themselves into thinking that the PSP and Vita were successful anywhere but Japan.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

after striking out on the doge and also my favorite FF game, I think i'm pretty well done with this pile of poo poo. If anybody wants to buy a stacked as gently caress account, I will sell it to the first person to give me $100. If you want to play that long, it is pretty well guaranteed to still be stacked all the way to 7 star, including being able to pop at least two STMRs immediately.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cobalt60 posted:

Reroll guy: stop rerolling yourself. Take my advice from earlier and pick up an account from some reddit nerd

My offer stands, a hundred bucks and you're set, completely legit account and clean Facebook.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

Cool. Thanks for all the help guys. So top tier healers, and chainers are my two big ones I’m looking for? Any tanks I could pull worth keeping or should I just hammer through until I get a nice chainer and or healer?

There are a ton of good tanks at four star, another at three, and two at five. Tanking will happen incidentally along the way.

Healer (because she's up) and solid chains are the base around which you can build up almost anything into usefulness.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

BGrifter posted:

It’s just a different philosophy on Gacha games I suppose.

The only time you ever have control over your pulls is the reroll phase, so I go hard for exactly what I want expecting to have below average luck on any future pulls. Then if I turn out to be average or a little lucky, I’m happy.

It’s entirely reasonable to expect a decent chainer within a few months of starting with Fina/Knight Delita, but god help anyone who low rolls into Lightning/Merc Ramza/Luneth/whatever as their first half dozen rainbows.

People be down on lightning, but you get a freebie now, and if you pull a second, even ignoring seven star, two lightning plus knight delita and lesbian fina is goddamn good and will go a long way.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

BGrifter posted:

This is exactly what I would have recommended rerolling for if someone has the patience. VotD is a rock solid chainer with an awesome TMR and it’s well discussed how good LM Fina is.

You even have Steiner for the better light elemental Great Sword to chain with Orlandeaus and Zidane will save you some grief.

You nailed it.

This exactly. Vod, fina, garnet, lightning, and whoever you can pick up first to tank will be a fantastic starter party.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

Cheers for the help guys! I definitely wouldn’t have been able to figure all this stuff out on my own so you can all take some satisfaction from it too haha.

Out of those units, are there any worth outright selling or are all there TMRs decent? And my other question was going to be, how should I set my party up as it stands right now? VoD, fina, bran, ashe 5*, ??

Vod, fina, garnet, ashe, ashe.

The first two are priority, obviously, but Garnet, even without bahamut, is a solid healer who can drop crazy finisher damage and help you hit summon missions, and frees up fina to act as primary mage.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 28, 2018

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

What am I aiming for with this specifically?

157-071-659

I’ll add it to the goon spreadsheet once I get out of the shower. How am I getting carried to those? Because I’m down

A bunch of the early trials can be soloed by the right build, Gilgamesh is a prime target.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

The list of available friends rotates every time you use one. And those you use are unavailable for a while, I believe.

Four hours, give or take, is the refresh time on a given friend.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

BGrifter posted:

But I won’t get into heaven unless a set number of goons buy gems in a competing game. :ohdear:

Spoiler: You're already denied entry to heaven because you're shilling for a gacha game.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PDQ Law posted:

A Queen is better than I did with the celebration tickets. All I got was 1 forgettable gold and 1 10% moogle, the rest were blues and 5% moogles. However, now that I'm pulling the statistically expected numbers of rainbows this gives me hope for getting Yuna off the next FFX banner so I can run an all summoner team.

Final pull was a wet fart, but 28 free pulls got me cg fina and eiko, so I'll have it, sure.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Agreed posted:

Gacha games, man.

Spent my whole ticket & lapis load trying to get CG Fina, nope. All celebratory tickets were bunk. But I do a few 1/2 dailies and get Yuna. I have the gear for her to do well (omg best in slot Soul of Thamasa, at last), but Eiko just got here and I finally made teams that can beat the hard stuff without reraise...

Well. I'm gonna use her. Enjoy your drat CG Finas and Ayakas. I got 2nd rate hybrids for days!!

...run Eiko, Garnet, and Yuna together, with a tank and a chainer and a friend chainer, and watch poo poo melt as you pelt them with summons thrown into chains. That's 3 fantastic healer/summoners, so at any given time, one can be healing/buffing while the other two generate summon orbs or throw out hideously powerful summon effects.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Armitage posted:

Yeah but I’d think that would be kind of low for an on banner unit, no?

No, 3 stars are much lower than the 33% rainbow rate, because otherwise you'd do an 11 pull and get mostly the 3 star on banners, which they don't want. Too easy to hit the 21 club.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Agreed posted:

I never did enhance a Garnet :ohdear: I think it's kind of funny that she ends up doing the highest esper damage after enhancements. It seems unusual for this game for a lower star unit like that to have such a big advantage. But I guess she can't do all the stuff they can either.

Garnet is super solid right up until 7 star. Eiko gets the missing 10% that Garnet has when she gets enhancements, though, on top of her other good stuff getting better. The big thing that Garnet has is a good AOE cure that also has a 40% rainbow veil attached. That's goddamn strong.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ugato posted:

They could give her a non-(inherently)elemental ability with her 7*, but it’s doubtful since her unit flavor is definitely “ice”. Ice isn’t a bad element to lock in on. Ice is also the element of one of the few weapons we have with built in killers. Since we have no clue until it drops it’s all just (fun) speculation. Honestly my biggest excitement for Fry enhancements currently is that they made her less squishy.

Fryevia already has an ability without inherent element. It's Second Intention, which is getting 3 big damage boosts as its two enhancements. Two innate, and a third for using after FFB.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So apparently it's possible in a number of ways to build a unit that can solo Seymour Flux. Are there any relatively new players out there who need a carry?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Quality Control posted:

25k, 5k per step.

Step 1: Normal 10+1
Step 2: 10+1 with 4.5% rainbow rates
Step 3: 10+1 with a guaranteed rainbow
Step 4: 10+1 with 6% rainbow rates
Step 5: 10+1 with 9% rainbow rates and guaranteed Seph/Lila

Clarifying that. Rainbow-wise, the second and fourth steps average out to about 11 4 star tickets each, unless the +1 goes from 5% to 7.5/10%.

The final step is really the prize, and I'm not sure you should go for the fourth unless you can do the fifth, that's effectively 10 10% rainbow tickets, or 10 + a 30% rainbow ticket if the +1 triples as well, plus your guaranteed on banner rainbow.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

I pulled a rainbow today as well... and it was dark Fina :sigh:

At least I have prishe now from a pull a couple days ago.

My current set is Dark Veritas/Earth Veritas/Lotus Mage Fina/Ashe/Prishe

I have amelia, zidane, wadow, garnet, yuri, dark fina, exdeath, and a few other random decent 6* capable units. Am I rocking the “best” party out of the guys I have right now?

TBH, I'd swap out Prishe (who is good, but doesn't work with your other guys at ALL) and swap in Garnet, and fully upgrade her. She'll make hitting the "evoke X" and "Kill with Esper" missions ten billion times easier, and can act as healer to free up Fina to do a little nuking.

I'd also look for a Warrior of Light to raise and enhance, to swap with Earth Veritas at need.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mischalaniouse posted:

When this TDH meta gets here is it really like using dual wield isn't even viable anymore and everyone has to use TMRs that only come from 5* base characters just to be competitive? Or is it just if you want to be optimal?

It's only something to worry about for the BIS whales. Dual wield is never going to be bad, and once 7 star hits, people start getting bonuses to equipment attack while dual wielding as part of their upgrades.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Having a nice ticket buffer and 15k lapis will probably guarantee you a 7* though, you just might not get the one you want.

It's a rotating single character banner with a final last chance with all three, so you really kind of can cherry pick.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The banners do not guarantee that you will only pull that particular unit. You can still pull Elly or Bart from the fei banner, just at a reduced rate

Wow, that's garbage

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

It was possible to one round him without Orlandu but anyone who pulled Orlandu was basically guaranteed to obliterate Ifrit.

I remember going from a mish-mash of units that could sometimes kill ELT to pulling Olive and Orlandu who proceeded to do terrible things to Ifrit. :black101:

The only thing I remember about ifrit was building a lightning who could solo him in just about an hour.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

This raid is so easy it's not likely, but if any noobs need a carry, hit me up, I have a noctis up who can solo elt garuda.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

I could use this, none of my friends have soloers up right now it doesn’t look like.

You guys mind taking a look at the dudes I have available to me and see what kinda team I can put together? I have a few ideas but I have a pretty decent variety and none of them stick out too much further than the others.

E: is it worth pulling on this “batch 1” banner at all?

Hit me up, I'm in the spreadsheet, and I'm pretty sure I have slots available.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PDQ Law posted:

I switched my friend unit to the Noctis I'm using. He is not 100% guaranteed on auto-attack because it's possible for Garuda to do 3 magic attacks in a turn, and unless his LB is active there's a good chance Noctis will be killed by that. I recommend you bring a team that dies in the first 1-2 turns, otherwise they might get the LB gems instead of Noctis. If you're actively playing, I suggest alternating between using Link and his LB to be safe.

If you have the stuff, you can make him significantly more able to take the hits by rolling with a spear instead of whatever you're using (Kiyomori?) for the +30% SPR.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ugato posted:

Ok, “straight garbage and only exists to make deceptively large numbers” it is then.

LMS exists to have its limit leveled up, given a Carbon Bangle (+500 HP), and either a Pod 153 or Rikku's Pouch, both of which will add some utility to it. Then it sits around provoking everything, ignoring basically all damage, and occasionally popping support abilities. And if you're rolling with iNichol, it'll also phys tank for the entire group without even blinking.

The deceptive number is its tiny-rear end HP. It has 80% damage reduction that stacks with anything else, 999 defense, and 500 spirit. Its HP goes a LONG loving way.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I have 10 friend slots open plus inactive goons yet to purge. Hit me up at 103,135,071 for all your carry needs.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

iloverice posted:

Is there a good place to find updated BiS for most characters?

Don't worry about bis, worry about YOUR bis. You can put your inventory in the builder and use it to find what the best you can do is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I'm more curious what the DC frame delay is, as finishers are only really important for Alpha Strike / threshold damage. How big a chain do you need to fit both casts in at 300%.

It's not a spell, and he doesn't get W-ability, so it's irrelevant.

• Locked thread