Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

underage at the vape shop posted:

Its a korean company you dipshit

China alone makes up 65+% of the playerbase

Just curious, what's the cost of the game to the Chinese? I'd be surprised if they charge the equivalent to 30 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

It really won't.

Edit: I still don't understand why there seems to be no lag cap. It shouldn't match you to a server with more than 200ms.

Edit 2:Choco announced he will be a full time streamer shortly.
Not surprised to hear his day job was teaching kids, there's something about the way he speaks that gives it away.

1) They are not very skilled programmers when it comes to networking.
2) I like watching his stream, but streamers that hitch their wagon to one game don't tend to last very long.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
There are no hackers. Except for the 1.5 million that got banned.

https://twitter.com/TheBattlEye/status/946407552778211328

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Dad Hominem posted:

I live in Asia and play on Asia. 100% of the players I've come across in random squads are Chinese and they're pretty much all chill and very willing to trade loot and call targets. It probably helps that we speak the same language though.

I have about 50 hours in so far (solo and squad 3pp) and I've only seen one obvious hacker. Maybe China just exiles all its cheaters to NA and OC? I dunno, I'm having a good time on the Asia server at least.

It's great that there are some Chinese that don't hack. However, we should ban all the Chinese to their own server because the far majority of hackers are Chinese.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Rex-Goliath posted:

If they don't region lock I hope they at least establish some sort of prestige system like other games where if you have hundreds of hours you're only lined up with other players with a large enough amount of time to filter out most of the hackers.

The only way it's getting fixed is when the next BR game comes out that sucks the life out of this one.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
On the same note I need some better insults to yell at Chinese players while in the lobby. Idealy I'm looking for something the I can say in English that will enrage them.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Herstory Begins Now posted:

How to get good at PUBG? It's actually really simple. Break the game down into it's component stages, eg Parachuting, Scramble for a gun, Looting/getting geared, midgame/crate hunting, end game, etc.

How do you get better at these? You do them faster. You should be the first one on the ground. If you're not, improve your parachute game. You should also be landing at a specific building and dropping right by the entrance, as in landing within 3 feet of the door.

Scramble for a gun: literally pick up nothing except maybe a helmet or armor until you find a gun, but tbh, you should probably just remember where anything good you see is and come back for it after you have a gun. The faster you find a gun, the better.

Looting: just get faster and faster at looting. Know exactly what you need in general (rifle, armor, helmet, meds, backpack, optics, attachments, roughly in that order). Know what you still are missing so you can blitz through buildings. Learn where loot spawns in every building layout. Learn what the common items you need look like. This sounds like a lot, but it gets simpler and simpler over time, just make sure you keep getting faster and faster at it. Every second you spend staring at loot is a second you aren't spending looking for people hunting you or hunting other people. If all you are missing is an EQ mag and a suppressor, stop loving looting. The first guy you kill will probably have anything you're missing. The most consistent way, by far, to get suppressors and compensators and high mag scopes is to just kill people (ideally while they're distracted loot goblining, you know how easy it is to kill people staring at the ground?).

Midgame: kill other looters, or if you're a little bitch, just stay alive and horde meds or something, idk. If you go for crates, trade up for the fastest vehicle and be the first one there, loot that bitch fast and then either be gone or loiter and kill some guys going to loot the crate. If you decide to go center circle to camp it, be there asap so you can kill the other people driving in before they know what happened.

Almost everything in this game comes down to just being faster than other players. Shooting isn't secondary, but I noticed when I played a ton that a lot of people focused way more on their shooting when they'd literally gain 50x more by just looting less. Honestly if you got a rifle, armor, helmet and a first aid kit, grats you're good to go kill some idiots. If you want the easiest loot in the game, just wander around the aprtment buildings until you hear steps and then shoot the guy as soon as he comes out. It's trivially easy and they bring all the loot right to you.

Midgame pt2: Always be near cover. This is true the entire game, but especially in midgame you should either be in or moving from cover to cover 100% of the time. If you don't need anything (i.e. you got at least a 4x and a rifle and a few first aids/boost and at least 100 bullets) don't run out of cover to loot bodies, especially if you are a slow looter. On that note, if you hear gunfights, you can usually just run up and shoot the idiot while he loots the guy he killed (who was probably away from cover considering he got killed).

End game is similar: guess the best position to hold and be there before other people. Sometimes it is better to or you have to lurk edge of blue, but usually if there is any decent cover in the later circles, you want to be there. Once again, people will deliver full loadouts of ammo, meds, scopes, and attachments literally to your doorstep if you hold the good positions. Hell you can be a potato, but if you have the best position at the final circle, you'll probably come out on top more often than not.

Source: won well into triple digits of games.

Good Post.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

mehall posted:

Key point from the patch notes:

Replays
Added report button in replay

I suppose it helps maintain the fiction that reporting a hacker actually does something.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Does anyone know if the battle eye bans are temporary or permanent?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

No Safe Word posted:

Why does anyone do this to themselves?

I copy chocotaco and drive to the middle of the circle, punch out every window, and actively move from window to window, shooting every thing that moves. I usually get at least one fight

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
This is my argument for using a suppressor. This is me getting hosed by a Suppressed SCAR. I'm sure a better player would have been able to find the sound sooner, but all I could hear was the bullets flying by my head and hitting the ground.

Feel free to critique my lovely play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RcgHcZcDG8

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

VulgarandStupid posted:

You saw where the bullet hit the tree, you should know the opposite side is probably the safest...

I did, but in some point in my career I lost confidence in the bullet marks from bullets being accurate.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

underage at the vape shop posted:

When you hear a crack, it sounds 90 degrees to the plane the that the bullets are on. When you see the bullets hit the trees and ground, you can tell which direction they are in. With both of those, you can figure out roughly +-10 degrees where he is. If you cant hear the gunshots over the crack, it means they are very close, this is true for both supressed and unsupressed.

Its easier with practice, and if you have headphones with a wide soundstage. Headphones that gamers would describe as good for soundwhoring, i wish I had a better word to describe it.

90 degrees relative to what?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
A what?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The glitches and bugs in this game are maddening. I'm counting down the days until a developer with a clue released a BR game worth playing.

daslog fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 14, 2018

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I've decided that the new map is a lot more fun when you try to play "Escape from Pecado" every time. There is always a bunch of people in Pecado that want to fight. Great fun.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Pecado, Power Grid, Hacienda, and Campo Militaro are almost always the poo poo. Especially Pecado and Hacienda.

I don't like Hacienda because it's over so fast. I'll have to try Power Grid.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Some interesting news on the hacker front.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-16/tencent-cracks-down-on-cheats-in-world-s-top-selling-video-game

quote:

t’s helped law enforcement agents uncover at least 30 cases and arrest 120 people suspected of designing programs that confer unfair advantages from X-Ray vision (see-through walls) to auto-targeting (uncannily accurate snipers). Those convicted in the past have done jail time.

Also, people appear to be quitting.

edit. lol at bloomberg for this graphic

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

This was funny and accurate. Thanks for posting.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
In the the movie Battle Royal there was lots of teaming.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Elman posted:

Speaking of things that should be banned, I've been using Nvidia's new shader settings with HDR set to 100% and it's super good. Unlike dumb settings like sharpening and oversatured colors, it doesn't make the game look ugly but it's definitely easier to spot dudes when you're outdoors in the sun and you look at a dark corner or window.

My player group calls it "elf eyes".

What new settings?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Dangerllama posted:

How do you check your ping in this game?

I don’t know what the hell, I was having tons of issues last night where I’d pop around a corner, see a mans, press ctrl to fire (like a gentleman) annnnnd…nothing happens. I also had a few instances of my character suddenly time warping back/forward.

I’m pretty sure my connection was flakey but I couldn’t figure out how to verify it.

This isn't in game, but it's usefull.

https://pubgserverping.com/

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Ok Goons, tell me how to fix my aim. My mouse settings are 6/12 in window, 400 dpi, 5 out of 10 (50%) in game. Watch the end for super slow mo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmEdIr5zP_M

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I wasn't going for a headshot lol. (yes I should have positioned myself better)

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Tokubetsu posted:

what is it with fpp solos and 3/4s of the server being dead by the 2nd or 3rd circle?

For me, my " escape from Pecado" has evolved into "last man standing in Pecado and who gives a gently caress about the circle because the end game sucks poo poo in Miramar"

Makes the map a lot more fun.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Elman posted:

It's already super easy to kill people while they're looting, making it even easier would be a bad thing.

It's still breaks the suspension of disbelief. So is jumping in the air and shooting.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Interesting post from the developers. This is what they think is wrong and are working to fix. Ping lock is no-where on the list.

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/172144-known-issues-updated-01262018/

quote:

Scheduled To Be Fixed

These issues have been already resolved internally. They will be applied in the next live server patch.

The compass UI wobbling when parachuting straight down
Dying from falling when vaulting and climbing in the water
Delay between reload and the first shot
The adjusted zoom level in 8x scope resets after changing into another weapon
When the character opens the door while sitting down, the door opens as the character stands up instead of opening immediately
When player changes the seat while the motorcycle is in the air, it stops and sinks to the ground
0x magnification scopes are intermittently pixelated
Some in-game texts are missing or misaligned
After reconnecting to the game, the camera direction of ADS FPP goes off intermittently

Under Investigation / Fix In Progress
These are issues that are under investigation or in the process of being resolved.

Random overturning of motorcycles
Two players getting stuck in the door
When reporting through replay, sometimes the name is wrong or even invisible
Long Leather Boots (Brown) do not have spikes in the game
4x scope's aim point shows in red instead of blue in colorblind mode
Friends list does not function normally
“Reconnect” button does not show when trying to rejoin the game after being disconnected from a custom match
After reconnecting to a DUO/SQUAD game, team members cannot distinguish or revive each other
After reconnecting to a DUO/SQUAD game, team members’ markers on the map are different from their actual locations
After reconnecting to a DUO/SQUAD game, team members’ HP indicators on the lower left appear full and do not change

Need To Be Reported
These are comparatively rare issues that require individual resolution. If you are experiencing one of these issues, please contact customer support.

In the main menu, the BP appears as N/A and there is a message that says match making failed
Please contact customer support with screenshots of your main menu. The issue is due to an issue with inventory information
BP appears as "-"
Sometimes when the server is unstable, actions that consume BP such as character customization are made multiple times in a series, consuming a large amount of BP at the same time. Please take a screenshot of your main menu and contact customer support
When trying to reconnect to the game after disconnecting, “Reconnect” button isn’t there.
If you see an error message in the lower part of the main menu, please contact customer support with a screenshot.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Please explain to me why you stopped looting while you are rolling around in a motorcycle helmet and an AK with 90 ammo? You aren't going to be winning that way.

Or are you of the theory "kill people to get your loot." Which is still looting, and you are going to end up with even better loot than what I mentioned, going into the final circles.

Seriously, the stuff I mentioned isn't hard to find. I can usually find all of that before the first circle closes and I will just be looking for maybe a 4x or maybe some more meds while on the move (if I have to move). Where do you drop?

Kill people to get loot.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

abigserve posted:

You never stop looting Lmao what kind of an argument is this

Do you guys get your ideal load out then just sit in a house for the rest of the game?

Never stop hunting people.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Region Lock China.

(someone should make a smilie for that)

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Watch my terrible video of me being terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66s7I7UHSJI

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Athanatos posted:

Drop your mouse DPI by like six thousand

It's set to 400 dpi, 50% in game, 6 out of 11 in windows, mouse pad is giant.

Glad you liked the video.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Cinara posted:

No, it causes the issues you're experiencing for most people, seems to be some sort of memory leak with it.

I use freestyle and have no problems with it.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
A million bans. I bet 95% are Chinese

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Party Plane Jones posted:

A giant heaping of the Chinese playerbase doesn't actually play on their own computers, they play on e-cafe machines.

Yeah they would have to region lock China and no one wants that.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Groovelord Neato posted:

what's the best cement building drop zone in miramar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boXEfW1267k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PxiONZazM8&t=1s

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
It sure looks like a publicity stunt to me. He takes a nice vacation, comes back to 300+ viewers.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

fletcher posted:

Lmao you don't actually believe he faked it do you?

I have no evidence but I wouldn't be surprised.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I would like to amend my previous posts about matchmaking not working. I now believe that matchmaking does work at some level, but it means players like me who hover around the top 10% will get matched with players in the top 1%. This unfortunate because the difference in skill level going from top 10% to top 1% is such a huge gap. I'd argue the skill gap between at top 50% player and a top 10% players is smaller compared to the gap between 10% and 1%.

Unfortunately, the only cure for this is to force the top players to wait in long queues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
So battle eye thingy banned one million accounts in January. That's a lot of hackers.