Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
For some reason I'm not able to Zero my scope anymore. As far as I know the keys are still page up / down and even when I change the keybindings I still can't zero anymore. It makes sniping way loving harder, is anyone else having this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hellsau posted:

4x can't zero anymore, try with the 8x.

I'm pretty sure I was trying an 8x, but maybe it was only a 4x. Thanks! I've been thinking I was going crazy for the last like 2 or 3 months

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I was streaming to Facebook and I had an absolutely unbelievable vehicle kill. This guy came flying past me on a motorcycle, I sprayed him with an Uzi and blew up the motorcycle. Is there a way I can download videos on Facebook?? I really want to just edit that one part and post that because it's hilarious.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Khablam posted:

Unless you went ahead and disabled them, you can also just use ingame replays.

Once the new patch hit the replay was useless

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So I feel stupid right now....what are you guys talking about with the Ambient sound?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Elentor posted:

Did you not notice how significantly quieter the game is after the patch?

There was a very loud ambient noise, like "background nature sound" if nature was a loud white noise machine tuned to imitate wind blowing on a 4 dollar microphone. It never really bothered me somehow but it's gone now.

I will be perfectly honest I hadn't, but that is really cool!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jerkface posted:

The ambient sound had phantom footsteps & car sounds, so im glad its gone

O gently caress ok I did notice that now that you mention it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yes. Thank you! I couldn't figure out why I hated Miramar so much and the above post summed it up perfectly.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
When I'm playing 1 v Squad I will always knock vs kill especially when there are multiple targets. Now if it's one on one I will kill vs knock.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I used the key and am downloading the PUBG: Closed Experimental Server right now!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

highme posted:

Can anybody point me in the direction of where I'm supposed to get this beta build, is it just going to be the normal test server? I haven't been able to suss out any actual links to the game so far, and yes I know it's another 80 minutes or so from being live.

When you sign up for the beta you get a code. Go to steam and type that code in and then you can download the Closed Experimental Server.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So you can't play the new map in 3rd person?!?!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jack B Nimble posted:

Would you disagree with the basic idea "don't engage unless you think you will have an easy kill or you dont see a choice"?

This has actually been a big sticking point for me. I will engage people and not kill them because I don't have patience to make sure I'm in a favorable position. For example a few days ago I jumped into the Observatory, got some really good gear and then headed over to the two smaller houses north. I was standing on the edge of the cliff that overlooks the two houses. I saw someone come out onto the porch. We engaged but he was able to duck back into the house, after firing off a couple rounds out of the back on a motorcycle. About 5 minutes later that same person was able to flank and kill me in Pochinki. I doubt that guy knew it was me that engaged with him earlier, but if I had been more patient I might have been able to bait him into a more open position that would've been favorable for me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

No Safe Word posted:

Next event is Shotguns/Melee only on Miramar

https://twitter.com/PUBG/status/981774653776629763

That sounds boss.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

mcvey posted:

I hope 'seeing the first circle' pre-drop doesn't make it live.

I agree 100%. Part of what makes the game so fun is where you drop and that initial run to get to the circle. One of the most memorable games I ever had involved me dropping at the Observatory, the first circle appeared with Yasnaya in the middle. I grabbed a buggy and booked it across the map, I managed to grab 1 kill and an air drop on my way there. I camped Yasnaya for awhile and then made my way to the new center of the circle which was like North / North West of where I was. I found another Air Drop with a Ghilli suit in it and I managed to grab 3 kills with the Ghilli suit before dying at 3.

The one benefit is that will serve to funnel players into the initial area making shorter games, it will also give you the choice of dropping outside of the circle and running in or jump to the middle and fight.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Party Plane Jones posted:

let's take a look at the PUBG subreddit

oh my god bluehole the gently caress are you doing

So what does this allow someone to do?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Old Binsby posted:

Look at the bright side, at least now you have an excuse to wear gaming goggles and look as cool as elite gamer 'n0thing'

I also took that test hoping it'd explain why I'm bad at pubg but nope, I can apparently see colors.

They are actually just filtering blue light which is harmful to your eyes and fucks up your circadian rhythm.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

VulgarandStupid posted:

Do you scrubs not have the longest rendering range?

What is that?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, a lot of people were complaining about that on the test server, too. Sound will just randomly cut out completely for about half a second sometimes.

O God I thought something was going on with my computer!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is there a quick place to see if PUBG servers are up or down? I get "Servers are too buys, please try again later" but I just played a game about 3 minutes ago so I'm a little confused.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the pubg help twitter lets people know when maintenance is happening, its always 7pm pacific time on wednesdays

O sweet thank you! I never thought to check Twitter!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Where do you go to check your PUBG rating?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I've only had 2 dinners and I've been playing for a year :-( I'm just bad at twitch games but I like PUBG so I keep chugging along. I would be interested I hooking up with a squad to play squads in order try to get better.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Neutrino posted:

I caught the 2000 movie on which this game was based over the weekend - Battle Royale. It was on Netflix and is subtitled from the original Japanese. Definitely worth watching and has many of the elements found in the game; clothing, guns, buildings, etc.

This is a great post.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Really interesting watch. I liked how patient you were and you didn't push early. One of my big flaws (besides being objectively awful at PUBG) Is my lack of patience.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Thermopyle posted:

I find it helps to browse SA or whatever while, for example, waiting in that shed.

I'm way too high strung for that.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if you want to learn patience, doing a shitload of one vs squads will teach it to you pretty quickly. you are rarely gonna win firefights, so you have to get good at avoiding and cherry picking fights you can win

I will try that

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I haven't played PUBG in a few months, but have been playing again since Vikendi came out. I LOVE the new parachute controls, it makes those precision jumps so much easier. I can actually land on the roof the of the observatory without rolling down the side of the dome most of the time.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CornHolio posted:

I got this game for Christmas. I am garbage. I did get to #4 in solo once without killing anybody lol and have gotten as many as three kills in a single game!

Anyway that's all.

That's what it's like to be new!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I haven't played PUBG in a little over a year. What are some of the big changes they've made that I should be aware of because I kind of have the urge to start playing again.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Gunplay, the best part of this game imo, is largely unchanged. They weakened 5.56 just a bit.

Thats awesome!

quote:

They added a scope to the Winchester which actually makes it a viable thing to pick up early game on Miramar (and fun to use).

Awesome! That was my biggest complaint about the Winchester!

quote:

A bunch of stuff happened with Vikendi, but it's out of the map rotation currently so I guess that doesn't matter to you.

I hadn't played Vikendi very much, it was fun when I played it, so thats whatever

quote:

Flare guns are in the game, they are pretty rare and cool to use actually. You can call in a crate, or a BDRM (a big rear end amphibious tank vehicle that you cannot get shot out of. It has a decent amount of health and is really fun in the end games to drive around with the engine cut off).

Hell yeah that sounds cool as gently caress!

quote:

Erangel got a huge visual update and looks nice. The loot is pretty solid on it as well. They added a few areas of hard/terrain cover around the map as well. You can heal while moving now. Healing also isn't instant, it's 2-3 large upticks after you get it off. There is a big rear end shotgun in crates now (it sucks). You can throw melee weapons at people. You can fly gliders in Erangel/Miramar. Spike strips are a thing (it will pop the tires and slide your car out if you run it over).

I'm probably missing a ton of stuff. A bunch of UI/lobby stuff added for stats, player ID's, weapon mastery poo poo.

Man that all sounds great. I can't wait to try it out!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

General Probe posted:

Join the goon discord for some cool squad action and chicken dinners.

I think I might still be in there, the only problem I think I might have is that I'm on Satellite internet (because I live in the loving boonies) so my latency is really loving bad. I wouldn't want to saddle my teammates with my uselessness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tweak posted:

the jankiness of cars was my favorite part of the game and something I miss playing primarily apex now. You never knew if clipping the corner of some geometry was gonna immediately blow you up or launch you into the stratosphere. I cant even run people over anymore!

I loved car and motorcycle jank in the beta. You would be driving, hit a pothole and then get flung out the top across the map and die.