Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Stroked out Dick Clark could count better than Ryan Seacrest did. Happy New years, goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I'm watching The Resident and someone finally didn't shock a flat lining patient. Not sure if the show has legs, I'd need to see jerk resident with the heart of gold get fleshed out a bit.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

EL BROMANCE posted:

My wife asked me to DVR this just because she was hoping for some accuracy in a medical show. She probably feels the same watching any movie/tv show with anyone in the hospital that I do the moment anyone opens a laptop. She needs a medical Mr. Robot.

The high watermark is still Scrubs. Dick weeds like the eponymous Resident usually get drummed out if they are that big of an rear end to a department chief, even if the resident is in the right. Accuracy in BLS be dammed, the show's a bit of a fantasy.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

precision posted:

Jack McCoy, unless I'm misremembering, slept with literally every female assistant DA he worked with, so he's probably gonna be the villain of the week in SVU.
He may have stopped after he took over for Ben Stone. I'm sure there would have been a cutting remark or it would have been dredged up during his election if he kept dipping his wick.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Lost in the nine million hours of Super Bowl pregame, Jack McCoy returns to Law and Order to prosecute ADA Barba on Wednesday. I thought it would have been for some of the shady stuff Barba's done in the past, but he apparently does something new.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

DC Murderverse posted:

Beat Bobby Flay is one of my food-TV guilty pleasures; it's got two dish battles in the span of a half-hour, Bobby Flay is a good personality and he bounces off whoever he brings in well, and it's got a nice mix of "chefs I know" and "chefs I've never heard of", but I have to say, the idea that the "impartial judges" can't immediately figure out that the dish with fresno chilis or some other sort of shoehorned in chili is Bobby Flay's is laughable. That man has an addiction to chili peppers and needs an intervention.

I swear it's even simpler than that: his dish is eaten second 99% of the time. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it for what it is or recording it for background noise.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

shadow puppet of a posted:

Someone point me to the current tviv American idol thread that is surely choc-full of posters and contestants goon brothers like things were around here just a decade ago.

That dead gay show has said they got rid of the joke contestants. Your best chance at network-aired schadenfreude is watching people gently caress up on ninja warrior.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Ice T is debuting a new true crime documentary series on oxygen April first. If he doesn't investigate some of his SVU memes it'll be a waste.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

I knew this was coming.

What Pam Dawber seemed to be saying was that it was blown off as part of his shtick. I can't imagine Harvey Weinstein walking around set bare assed naked and farting on people.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Anyone else watching Jesus Christ Superstar? I am curious how Judas' last song will compare to the movie's trippy version. Alice Cooper just did pretty well.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

God, the description of "Braxton Family Values"

What little I glean from the repetitive commercials while having law and order on in the background make this show et al on WE tv sound irredeemably boring. Everybody screams at everybody else, and a major failing out is teased that might not even happen. Better yet, a celebrity gossip website has already spoiled the divorce/bastard child/Australian arrest warrant before the season ever started.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Ever wonder how av club became how it became the website you see today? Let their colleagues at Gizmodo take a deep dive:
https://specialprojectsdesk.com/univision-is-a-loving-mess-1825836622

Tl;dr: rebroadcasts of Mexican telenovelas just ain't as profitable as it once was. And greed, lots of greed.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

I remember wanting to watch the premier just to punished myself. Maybe it was so terrible that it gave me brain damage.

They mentioned the wife's death because Kevin forgot to cancel one of her subscriptions. And then it was on to sitcom shenanigans, the daughter's wedding I think?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Timby posted:

This one is--surprise!--a medical drama starrying Ryan Eggold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_5EvoL1Is

Oh great, the resident gussied up with silicon valley flowery language and set in New York. By the way, Ebola patients will wander into Jamaica hospital while the president will go to any university hospital in Manhattan.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
I don't believe Bob's burgers is going to last at 8:30, there's gonna be another Seth McFarland vanity project and it's right back to 7:30.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
I'm betting Hitler is the one who runs into the kkk instead of Jesse and he gets to deliver the "where the gently caress is your chin" line.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Party Plane Jones posted:

Pauley Perrette mentioned on twitter that she quit NCIS over 'multiple physical assaults' so I expect we might hear something about that in the coming months.

The going rumor is Mark Harmon's dog bit a crew member, making her mad. I won't believe it until someone posts it on angelfire or tripod (:rip: geocities)

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

feedmyleg posted:

I wish we had more panel shows in the US, if only to give more work to great low-level comedians. But we'd probably gently caress it up and just get lowest common denominator comics as the panelists. Though @midnight did a good job of approximating the concept but skewed more to the gameshow side of things.

Either way, they'd be a hell of a lot better than all the Hair Jacked and Santsas in the Barn type reality prank comedy shows that exist in their place.

"Funny You Should Ask" is a Hollywood Squares type game show that probably confirms your fears. I recognize Tom Arnold, Jon Lovitz and Howie Mandel on the panel.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Open Source Idiom posted:

(How's new Archer btw? Still the same fume huffing that's been going on for a while, or a return to form? Or something different entirely?)

I've been watching out of inertia, the last two episodes seem to have some of the old spark. The archer thread started out somewhat negative,but it's the penultimate season so I don't care.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jerry-springer-future-uncertain-as-production-halts-27-years-1102381

Another relic from a simpler time possibly going away. Looking at the most recent rankings, none of the trash TV cracks the top 25 in syndication, though Jerry is probably the most expensive.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Rocksicles posted:

I don't need to read it. But i'm glad he's been caught. I guess Nerdist buy out in the near future.

I remember him on the podcast saying he sold out to Legendary Entertainment years ago, but he felt recently there needed to be more separation between him and the website. Hence the name change to ID10T.

Fake edit: I think Aisha Tyler was doing the equivalent of "Talking Dietland," I wonder of they'll slot her in for Hardwick or just abandon the whole concept.

InsensitiveSeaBass fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 15, 2018

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
I thought syfy was trying to reduce the amount of commercials they aired. Watching the Harry Potter marathon is making me miss when freeform had the rights.

"YER A WIZARD (Five commercials for jerky) HARRY"

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s good to see with the loosening of censorship on cable, Comedy Central still bleeped the hell out of that Bruce Willis roast on the midnight rerun.

That's surprising, for the longest time there 1am or later weekend slots were uncensored with giant warnings when you came back from girl's gone wild commercials.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

lelandjs posted:

It’s stupid and dumb and will absolutely be used to gate films that the Academy doesn’t see as “traditional” Best Picture material away from the category *cough*Black Panther*cough*.

THAT SAID

It will be frigging amazing that Fast 9 will be able to say that it is an Oscar Winner.

They are going to have to bend over backwards to make the criteria. The instant a best picture nominee gets into the popcorn Oscar race, it will win instantly.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

IRQ posted:

Why do you watch the show though, out of curiosity?

My wife made me pick it back up. I watched the first few seasons but it got old quick. She loves it and doesn't understand why I don't like the poor writing. And we will never be free of Chuck Lorre.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

esperterra posted:

It's def never going away for good, but like moving on from Two 1/2 Men to BBT they will move onto the next mediocre and probably Chuck Lorre produced sitcom and the bazingas will become less at least lmao

Mom is already clogging the basic cable syndication timeslots. At least Mike & Molly occasionally seems to have heart.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

IRQ posted:

The main cast on that show was clearing a million dollars an episode or something absurd like that, I don't think he's going to need to do that unless he's real bad with money.

Just think, it could have been Macaulay Culkin with all that money.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Nathanial Radcliffe and the Nightsweats are pretty much the best new music I've been exposed to since 2012.

:same:

"Sunovabitch, get me a drink!" feels more like a credo than a refrain's lyric.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Mu Zeta posted:

Speaking of, check out his daily schedule he posted on Instagram. His shower starts at 6am and it lasts 90 minutes. But his second shower before bed is only 30 minutes. And "cryo chamber recovery," that's some Peter Thiel poo poo. e: This is Mark Wahlberg's.

I never thought I'd see the polar opposite of the Hunter S Thompson daily schedule.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

DC Murderverse posted:

are we not talking about the Emmys here?

i want to discuss how the awards nominations for SNL are just Hollywood patting itself on the back for being political

edit: also Alex Bornstein won as a make-up for having to work with Seth McFarland for 20 years

But they solved it! Guess marvelous Ms. Maisel (sic) is the golden child tonight.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
All the men who didn't get cast on Ms. Maisel went to Barry I guess.

What the gently caress is this backstage segment?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Residency Evil posted:

So is it just me, or did all of the women get botox earlier today?

Not that last winner.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

The Berzerker posted:

was hoping it would be Twin Peaks or American Vandal tbh

Would they have drawn a dick on the Emmy though?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

DC Murderverse posted:

you know what i'm done with meta jokes about banter

there are too many and they're all poo poo now

That 10 minute Emmys sounding real good. Even if they are flying through this.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Live proposal!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

DC Murderverse posted:

Emmys: "Hold my beer"

Only if they played him off as she was walking up

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

swickles posted:

My wife is yelling at the TV the same way I do when my football team is losing over these selections.

:same:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Oh good Rick and Morty are presenting. It's tempting to show my wife the Szechuan sauce meltdown video.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Is Luke Null on stage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

CapnAndy posted:

Lorne I don't have an actual count of how many Emmys the broadcast networks have won tonight when compared to pay cable and the Internet, but maybe now is not the time to smug it up about networks still being around?

He's given them same speech now two years running. He has no more worlds to conquer.