Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

pentyne posted:

Skipping huge parts of OG Twin Peaks? Holy gently caress no, not at all.

There are several schools of thought about watching order and what can and can't be missed, but you need to see the entirety of Season 1, most of season 2, and absolutely the Fire Walk With Me movie. At bare minimum, everything David Lynch had hand in from S2 and some of the less bad episodes.

That said, if you're only interested in The Return for the imagery and gleeful abandonment of tv conventions then jump right in. You won't understand anything and have little investment in the core plot threads, but nobody understands poo poo about the return anyway. Still, twin peaks contains some of the best tv ever made (and some of the most incompetent) so you'd only be doing yourself a disservice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Guy Mann posted:

From the mental titans who brought you "I fell for a hoax but the fact that I believed it was possible that it could be real proves I was right all along" comes an exciting new paradigm in sexual assault.

Hey guys Guy Mann is actually a good post---

Guy Mann posted:

Man who dedicated his life to whining about the stereotypes surrounding Indian men winds up perpetrating the worst stereotype of all by being a rapist.

:smith:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
So are they gonna cancel Patriot immediately after its second season comes out or wait a few months first?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

esperterra posted:

Yep, failed attempt at making a new series. It's bad but not so bad it's good so I can't recommend it, unless you really want some Eliza Dushku in your life. And even then ...

Wait there are people who want more Eliza Dushku?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

MiddleOne posted:

It might just also be that this goon consensus theory is idiotic. Just might.

I'd say it's about right for the CW superhero shows, but can't really be generalized to a Theory of TVIV Fandom.

Perhaps it works to describe soapy teen-oriented genre dramas (the above, The 100, Teen Wolf, Pretty Little Liars, Riverdale, etc)?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

gently caress that's amazing.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Superrodan posted:

Did you ever watch Porkin Across America or Sex House?

Watched Porkin, never really got into Sex House.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Open Source Idiom posted:

The exciting part here is Dennis Kelly, who did Utopia and Pulling.

So it'll get cancelled after one good season and one mediocre rehash of the first season?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

zoux posted:

Hell, I'm fer it.

Better have goddamn Tom Bombadil in it though

A children's show about Tom Bombadil and the mischievous pranks he plays on Old Man Willow.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
So I decided to watch The Leftovers and why the gently caress was everyone down on the first season? It's amazing.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Okay, why is anybody actually deeply pissed about Terriers? It's a nearly perfect season, it ends with as much closure as noir can and anything further runs a good chance of diluting its perfection. All shows should be so lucky.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

GobiasIndustries posted:

Anyone watch Sneaky Pete season 2? I remember really enjoying season 1.

It's still good, but has a really dumb subplot (psychics: real or fraud?) and the villain isn't particularly compelling.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

zoux posted:

Y’all all apologize to Jeff Bezos for making fun of his LOTR series

No. LOTR series is still dumb as poo poo.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

LesterGroans posted:

David O. Russell is for sure a piece of poo poo for that, but didn't he also molest his niece or something?

Yes.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
It's what every CW show desperately wants to be but can't quite manage, so approach it like that and you should be fine.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Well now you have to explain why it's superior.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Okay that's fair; Aang is definitely by far the most boring part of the show (and the surrounding protagonists aren't...super great either for a long time).

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

No Twin Peaks noms, invalid list

That's because twin peaks was an 18 hour movie.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Venture Bros at its best is one of the funniest comedies ever, minute for minute. Worth checking out as a companion to Rick and Morty as well, since it approaches the "thinking through nerd references too much" comedy well in an entirely different manner.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

That ending was perfect, though.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Lurdiak posted:

There are people who insist Breaking Bad became bad at some point.

Yes, the finale after he finds the keys.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

it’s so weird to see something you’ve never heard of that only came out a few years ago be spoken about as if it was this huge mainstream sensation when you were paying attention at the time and know for sure it wasn’t

- me, after reading a bunch of reviews of the my brilliant friend adaptation

It really was...among the type of people that read literary fiction. Which isn't mainstream but does include the types of people critics are, know, or aspire to be.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

-Blackadder- posted:

So how long does it take to get into Legion?

I'm two episodes in and it's jumping all over the place, which I guess is expected if the guy has super MPD or something, but it isn't making for the most engrossing viewing experience.

Episode 4 is probably the episode that will tell you whether or not you dig the season.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Maniac reveals itself to be more and more of a Netflix Show with every scene. You can feel the algorithm dictating the plot beats.

That said the actors give it their all and the first big dream episode is amazing.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

esperterra posted:

The gerbil is a George Clooney rumour, but I like your version better.

I'd always heard Richard Gere. Maybe that rumor just attaches itself to a new leading man every generation and in ten years it'll be Noah Centineo or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Patriot.