Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

nachos posted:

Speaking of expansions is the Zelda one worth it? I heard master mode just made enemies annoying bullet sponges and I guess the second DLC pack has a new dungeon and some more shrines.

A short (but tough) gauntlet challenge, 12 shrines, a new dungeon, some new armor (including functional horse equipment), and a bit of meh fleshing out of the supporting champions

At $20 I'd call it a little steep but hey I'm a zelda fanatic so I was always gonna get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

honestly these games just existing is kind of loving me up because how the gently caress is there anyone who could enjoy these games that are literally just a cheap skin of something actually good filled with insane bullshit that exists for literally nothing but to scam you??? like i can kind of understand enjoying some games that implement lovely lootboxes because a number of those are still sort of actual games, but this is just like. holy poo poo. what even kind of enjoyment are you even supposed to extract from this disgusting pile

As a goon you should be well aware of the overwhelming impulse of the average person to try to feel smarter than everyone else.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Waiting in line to play the new house of the dead is not how I thought I was gonna end my trip to Tokyo

I hope it was a good trip

I'm going in the fall

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

You're goddamn right it does

1/6th scale? That thing is nearly a foot tall?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Over the weekend I asked my girlfriend to marry me and she said yes. :kiddo:

mazel tov

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

it's been ages since i played that and its utter blandness has been purged from my memory for the most part but didn't it make you go in and manually refill potions from crafting ingredients meaning it combined the shittiest possible part of limited consumables with the shittiest possible way of refreshing them

I'm playing through that for the first time now, it had some good ideas and obvious love was put into the writing, but man is it getting stale.

But yeah, health potions refill after you fast-travel, rest at a camp, or find a supply cache. Other potions... I have no idea how to use them. But if I could they'd be pretty good I guess

Crafting in this game sucks. The weapons generated are OP, but require I stop several dozen times as I explore to watch a 2-second looting animation to collect the ingredients. Real annoying, I feel like I'm playing WoW again

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i don't tend to play many games with extensive crafting systems in the first place but i would be quick to call out dragon age inquisition as having one of the worst designed crafting systems i've ever experienced

Sure let me just scroll through this list of dozens of potential stat buffs from items with arbitrary rarities and buffs. 5 times per masterwork weapon. Let's also toss some probability-based ones so you can have fun savescumming

Oh you can also make attachments for your items but there's no way of knowing whether the weapon you make will have an open slot unless you flip back and forth between the crafting stations

Organize your weapons/materials by strength/rarity? HA, no

Oh and getting the good schematics and masterwork materials is predicated completely on looting every enemy/chest you come across, so have fun meticulously searching everything

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

This kinda fails on LS for one. If you aren't landing fade slash combos with LS then you're garbage, and landing those can be tricky on a level with GS.

Yeah you have easy two button infinite combos but they do poo poo unless you know how to build up to red-bar.

lmao at the idea I was ever going to understand monster hunter

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Nina posted:

Hearing these accounts is reassuring since I'm waiting on a surgery date and anesthesia as an idea just makes me feel iffy

It's seriously like time travel. You take a few breaths once they put the mask on you and suddenly you wake up and it's done.

I had a 6-hour back surgery. Blinked after counting down from 10 and suddenly I was being wheeled out. "I feel like poo poo" I said, which was kind of inaccurate because I couldn't immediately feel any part of my body

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Super Castlevania IV could have been a lot better if it was better balanced. For a Super Nintendo game it was surprising to have a game unbalanced in favor of the player and not the enemies, but I felt like the game was too easy because of the whip. It trivialized a lot of content and made using other items and weapons pointless.

I've always had a hell of a time with getting past the catacombs and beyond

Maybe I'm just real bad

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

Unlocked the 8th B-Side in Celeste and I need a breather. I've put 20 hours into that game since release and I'm still hammering away at it, it's a real good buy IMO

I made the mistake of starting the 7th one before any of the others

Now I'm trapped here until I can finish it, I've made it too far to drop out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Getting the strawberry in this room made me feel like I had suddenly forgotten all my platforming skills. What a deceptively tricky room

The hotel was easily the most difficult chapter for me to deal with. For some reason I just have trouble timing those moving dust motes. Dreading that B-side

• Locked thread