Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello chat thread! I forgot about the December chat thread for most of the month! Whoops!

Last year I only completed a few games:
Sonic Mania,
Wolfenstein the New Order,
Doom (new)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Steamworld Dig 2.

I aim to finish a few more games this year I tell you!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

2018 will be the best gaming year yet because it includes all games from 2017

I cannot even begin to imagine 2020!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Is it time for Animeniacs?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My bestie has a minecraft server and I have spent the last few hours making tunnels with glass floors and a river of lava underneath those glass floors.

I really enjoy the carefree nature of the game and it is nice to play interior decorator :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Goodness I loved Braid.

There was something magical for me about that game. Those tricky puzzles would remain in my mind throughout the whole time I was playing it. I would be doing some work and mulling over how to get a particular piece and suddenly the answer would appear in my head and I could not wait to get home and try my thoughts out.

It was also backed up by having a truly beautiful soundtrack. The opening theme "Maeneum" is one of my most played songs because it is just so peaceful and gives me little goosebumps.

Even though there is no music, I am experiencing similar with the Witness and love the fiendish nature of the puzzles!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
When people are saying REmake is it a different game to the Resident evil hd release that came out a little while back?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh neat! I like the resident evils a lot and got the hd version of 1 on my PS4 during a plus month. I played through the original resident evil 1 on my psx over and over again so it was really strange playing the remake. It was new and familiar.

I really enjoyed it and it is definitely superior to the original.

My favourites will always be resident evil 2 and code Veronica x. Love those games!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

who the hell is this guy

*in over the top film trailer voice* Your worst nightmare!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am currently enjoying lazy minecraft building :D I like to link cave systems to other cave systems and pretty them up with flowers and paintings.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

video games:;

discuss

OK! What shall we discuss?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Because it's impossible to play wrong. If you ever lose it was one of the other 9 people playing wrong, not you who played perfectly in every way. Pat yourself on the back. Maybe buy yourself a $1500 virtual hat. You deserve it.

By not playing it, my win streak is 100%! I have mastered DOTA2.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

Well, I could point out you're comparing the peak results of the Dreamcasts established hardware versus the new hardware of the Ps2, but I was talking more in terms of gameplay. The Ps2 was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into.

I agree. I owned a PS2 at the same time as knowing someone with a dreamcast, and I always got the feeling that the PS2 was hitting the same kind of cultural milestone that the NES broke through.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Literally shaking my head at those people who have no concept of gaming ambrosia. To know the truth is to balance it with a fulchrum.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My favourite thing about SSX Tricky is when Run DMC crop up due to the tricks.
Wonderful! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Which video game settings would you read a novel about?

I would read:

- Super Mario Brothers CYOA (I still own five books as they actually did release them :D)

- Planescape: Torment books. (I never played Planescape Torment, but I did read a .docx file that was the whole of the description & speech lifted from the game and arranged into a story. It was truly magnificent. I am glad I got to experience it in the best way for me as I am not very good at that style of game.)

- Quake and Quake II

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Steamworld

- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will read all kinds of books because I enjoy reading even more than playing video games. I write for pleasure and reading is a small part of that :D

I once read a book on the history of EVE online that included all our Goonswarm hijinx and that was fascinating!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Darkest Souls.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Souls Darker Than Death or Night.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Shark Shoals: Prepare to Dive Edition

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I enjoy game crafting. My favourite crafting might be mine.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Palpek posted:

I don't like crafting but I like hoarding crafting materials.

Ohh yes!

When I was much younger and playing my friend's cop of Tomb Raider, he watched baffled as I hoarded all of the healing packs. For some reason no matter how much health I had left, I did not use them (for doing this he would call me Mr. Medipacks and it became my nickname for a while). I liked having a huge stock for if the time came.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Prey has some amazing crafting, thinking about it. I love watching the crafter and recycler do their things :D

Now that I think about it I am hoarding medipacks in that game too.

Mods rename me Mr. Medipacks.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am a huge fan of analysis of my favourite forms of media (video games and movies and books).

It is awesome, to me, to learn new ways and themes of looking at things I love. Considering there is so much I love I am always overwhelmed at just how much is out there.

I thank you posters for linking some youtubes because I will devour it all! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
One day I would like to make a video game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Same. Would you like to team up and we can make an attempt? :v:

Heck yes! But I am not sure how to make a game. This is wish it is quite the pipe dream.

This would be the closest kind of game, right now, that I could make. I love writing detective stories and if I was to make a game I would want to make a police one with a cool mystery and a Visual Novel is the only way I could currently create something.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh I would never make a video game for a company, just for myself and my friends. I have no illusions on how tough and awful the industry can be. It would just be a silly fun thing for people to enjoy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love current movies, past movies, and am sure to love future movies!
I have one of those cards that allows me to see films for free and I have used it for all the recent releases since I got it four years ago.

I like to be entertained and of all the films I have seen in the last four years at the cinema none have been unworthy of my time. I have always enjoyed something about what I have watched. Some have even been so astounding as to jump into my top ten of all time list :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

In Training posted:

What's your favorite movie ever

It is a tie between two that depending on my mood edge each other out:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Wall-E

I can never fully pick between either. Both are so amazing!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Terminator 2 is my favorite movie of all time personally, it has been ever since I was like "there's a second Terminator?! The first one is my favorite movie of all time!"

edit: If Robocop walked just a tiny bit faster he'd score the number one spot though

alf_pogs posted:

either Carpenter's The Thing or Planes, Trains and Automobiles for me

Robocop and The Thing are both in my top ten list too :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

homeless snail posted:

the greatest film ever released is definitely suzumiya haruhi no shoushitsu

I looked this up as I had no idea what it was but it says it follows on from something else. Do I need to watch anything before hand? Or am I OK just watching this?

If I do need to watch things before hand, then what do I need to watch? Thank you in advance!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

videogames noooo

I like to try new things!!! :3:

Thank you! I will give it a try. I have not really seen any anime before, but what I have seen I enjoyed :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Mods rename me Animegames. Or Videoanimes.
Whichever you think is more appropriate.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zaggitz posted:

Hot Fuzz is so densely packed with great jokes and subtle setups to even greater jokes that all payoff spectacularly in the end and are made even better with every re-watch. It's basically a perfect comedy movie. Easily my favorite movie to watch once a year.

Oh I LOVE Hot Fuzz. I got to see a super advanced screening of it with all of the deleted scenes (and a few more) still in the film and absolutely no special effects about eight months before release. :D

I love Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg movies. My favourite is probably World's End simply because at the time I saw it, everything Gary King was going through resonated in the same way as I was going through very similar feelings. It is not often that a film syncs up to your own life and I was lucky that I had a bit of a way to release.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My bestie is on holiday, so I have decided to make our little home on our minecraft server all spruced up. I am using a chisel to make it as pretty as possible :D He will be so happy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Nintendo Labo cardboard stuff looks awesome. I am so glad they are doing their own thing in the gaming industry rather than trying to compete with 4K fidelity and all that stuff.

I am so glad the Switch has been a success because I love pottering around on it. Hooray for video gaming!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

Man with this job I have like

An hour a day for any kind of video games when I'm done with everything else

Breath of the Wild is going to take me a year to finish

I will pop over to your work so you can have me around all day! Hooray!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
A few minutes with the boss and they will change their minds.
I guarantee it!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
He was called the Noid because everytime you saw him you were A Noid yourself.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have done three episodes of the Tell Tale Batman game and I am absolutely invested in it!

I have not played played a tell tale game before, but thanks to PS Plus I have tales of borderlands and a walking dead one, so I am going to play them next! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I cannot stop chuckling at my new avatar. Thanks to Jose he showed me a wonderful twitter called out of Context Kirby pictures and it is a goldmine for future avatars! :D

Last night I got home and decided to spend a few hours prettying up my minecraft mine shaft so it has paintings and polished diorite walls!

• Locked thread