Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Well, I mean, he DID technically save the day during that arc.

Actually, it wasn't "technically", he loving saved the day completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's only got two hands. oh, but wait! what if there was some sort of magic potion that grew arms?

I think you have to talk to Morbius about that one.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

According to the pants, Peter took him to a tailor first.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Mikl posted:

Peter's blood changed how Bruce's powers work. Now instead of transforming he just gains the proportional strength and agility of a Hulk.

I mean, he may be a bunch smaller than a the Hulk, but that'd still be some major loving strength.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also just a overall spider man question. why does JJ super loving hate spiderman. i mean i read a ton of the early comics so i knows its jealousy/self loathing, but did they ever poo poo out a better reason.

I remember this specifically from the Ultimate comics, but I think it applies to 616 too: JJJ hates masked vigilantes. He feels like the mask means we don't know who's under there, they have something to hide, they're running some type of con. Or he associates them with groups like the KKK, who wear masks while they do horrible things and proclaim themselves saviors.

Basically, he has a bunch of reasons, but more or less he doesn't trust superpowered beings, and especially those with masks.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

She'll step out onto the roof and use her acting abilities to convince the The Lizard that she's fallen for him, and wants him to turn her into a The Lizard too. He'll be completely taken by it, and let his guard down, at which point a Cessna prop plane and pilot she purchased on the way up will fly over him and dump The Lizard antidote all over him.

A side effect of the gamma irradiated blood will leave Conners with both arms, and he and Banner will go off to try to use gamma irradiation for good.

In some nutty way, Spider-man will have won.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Lobok posted:

I cannot believe I forgot about Newspaper Spider-Man!

Guess I missed bookmarking the thread when it switched over to 2018. I just read all 27 pages in one sitting. I mainlined the thread like it was an irresponsible combination of irradiated blood. It was amazing.

Spectacular.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Congrats MJ, you broke your neck and ruined your career as the sole breadwinner of your marriage in one smooth motion.

I'm pretty sure that's a pretty normal thing a neck can do. I can turn my head a little more than 90 degrees, I think. I have to lean back a bit too, but it looks like she is?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Shut down all other comics, newspaper or otherwise. We're done here. The true apex of comics has arrived.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

in a surprise twist, sauron will turn up and change jjj into a literal dinosaur instead

imagine a t-rex with jonah's mustache

Does this count?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Huzzah! posted:

how about this?

WE NEED PICTURES! PICTURES OF MOUSTACHE-REXES!

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

THIS DOESNT MAKE SENSE AT ALL

i am so sorry i keep making these

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Why is the The Lizard in a T-pose in the first panel?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Wait, doesn't the The Lizard KNOW he's actually Curt Conners, and not give a single gently caress? I thought he was like "CONNERS IS WEAK, I, THE THE LIZARD, SHALL TAKE OVER THE EARTH WITH MY ARMY OF REPTILES".

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

no one could make an edit this good, man

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

You could have JJJ say drat near anything in that last panel. A+

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

The scoop is actually that two murderers are masquerading as boat taxis in the Florida swamps, but JJJ doesn't realize that that's just business as usual there. It's a booming business.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Zeeman posted:

Has Curt Connors seriously managed to keep his identity a secret? No one suspected the giant lizard in a lab coat was the scientist obsessed with reptiles?

I'm pretty sure in the comics at least, it's a known thing.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

You know Spidey, Conners, and Banner are going to be at a total loss to stop him, though, until MJ whips in on the boat and is like "If you publish that story, I'm going to tell everyone that you conspired with a pair of unlicensed riverboaters to travel into the Florida Everglades and beat up endangered reptiles."

Also while she was away, she cleaned up Conners' lab, revived that beheaded snake, patched up poor Gronk, got Banner cleared of all charges in possible public disturbance cases, finished advertising her movie, AND joined the Avengers.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Zero_Tactility posted:

While the party was out out wrasslin' gators, those doctors have already gone to the local news, and it'll have been picked up by the national papers by the time JJ gets back to town.

Next... SABRETOOTH!

Whose blood will HE need a transfusion of, though?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

No one suspected the Lizard was Connors because Connors only has one arm.

"Yes, okay, Connors is some kind of lizard-doctor, and some lizards grow back lost limbs, but why would he lose the new arm when he changed back?"

Why DOES he lose the arm? The rest of him turns back into a human from a lizard, why can't the arm turn human too?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Well, I mean, what about that time you ate him?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Unfortunately in the next six weeks as this conversation takes place

"You aren't really going to leave Jameson in the swamp are you?"
"He thinks Spider-Man is a menace."
"So you will?!?!"
"No, but he doesn't know that."
"So you aren't really going to leave Jameson in the swamp?"
"He does think Spider-Man is a menace."
"You wouldnt!!!"
"No, but he doesn't know that."
"So you aren't really going to leave Jameson in the swamp?"

Jameson will have starved to death or have been attacked by the angry alligators everyone has been kicking the poo poo out of

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

and I just wanted to beat up gators some more

Those gators aren't going to hurt anyone.

Look, in the first panel, they're super happy to meet their idol, The Gronktactular Spider-man himself. You can see the one directly under Spidey reaching behind its back to get its autograph book.

The second panel, Spidey is giving them rides, and the one high-fives the other as they pass, because this is the greatest moment of their lives. A snake friend in the background is immortalizing the moment with flash photography, so they'll have a keepsake they can treasure forever.

Truly, Newspaper Spider-Man is the comic that never fails to deliver.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Hulk's arms have instead sprouted multiple Hulks. It's a whole thing.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Elfface posted:

"You know, we've left the mob of reptiles behind, and now that I'm not The Lizard-ing at them they're not especially murderous. I can probably walk-"

"NO! HULK CARRY!"

"Hulk feel kinship with fellow purple pants man. Hulk know how hard it is find purple pants that last. You leave this to Hulk, Hulk not let friend get pants dirtier if Hulk can help it."

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Purple Pants Pals!

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Frank-Castle's-Head-On-An-Oddly-Tiny-Man looks like he's not havin' any of this poo poo.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I like that his half-mask illusion covers his entire nose, but still cuts off halfway across the rest of his face.

He imagines his nose is more Spider-Man-esque than the rest of his face, I guess.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Golden Claw is the villain.

Possibly.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I'm actually kind of surprised.

"I told you to capture Collen Wing, not this idiot."

"We picked her up earlier, we've had her all day, this guy's just a bonus."

Extreme and pointed competence, in NSM? Even from minor characters, that's a rarity. These might be the most dangerous villains a brain damaged and irradiated photographer has ever faced.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Grunkle Stan, Dipper, and Mabel would definitely agree.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

The MSJ posted:

He's going to jump and punch Spider-Man, who as a result will shoot like a projectile towards the helicopter, causing it to crash and knocking out everyone inside when it falls to the ground.

NSM will managed to hit a brick as they crash, knocking him out and causing him to go limp, helping him survive the crash.

Thankfully, Kingpin and Golden Claw will also be knocked out, because they were squeezed a little too hard by the impact and squirted out a lot of their red "awake juice", thus sending them to sleep for a while. Spidey will have to help bury them so the rains seeping in from above will refill their juice sacks. Everyone assures him this is how it works.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

It reads so well though.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

davidspackage posted:

Killgrave: HALT, brick!!

NSM: "H-He just stopped that brick! With his head! He's far too powerful for me, I'd better get Thor. Or MJ."

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

:spidey:

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Humongous Pear posted:

“Oh, no! This diner employee must suspect that I, Peter Parker, am really a Spider-Man! I better defy his suspicions by dumping spaghetti on his head for insulting me, Spider-Man!”

Well, obviously.

Spidey would have managed to dump it all over himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I would legit love if the "madness left" him like immediately.

"NOTHING CAN STOP DR. OCTOPUS! NOW, TO CON-wait... wait... did I just... oh gently caress, I am so, so sorry, I don't know what came over me, here, let me just sort of put this wall back together, I'm so sorry, here, look, let me get my checkbook and give you my insurance information..."