Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Haifisch posted:

They're going to spend so long traveling the country the writers themselves will forget where they're supposed to live.

And it's not from a recent arc, but I think this strip perfectly encapsulates the spirit of NSM:

I dunno why Sandman is surprised Spidey brought a vacuum cleaner, since that's literally how Peter beat him way back in the '60s.

I know, I know, different canon.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Amazing spring man
The incredible leaping dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Synthbuttrange posted:

Just realized they completely skipped over New Orleans when they flew direct to Miami. We dont get newspaper Gambit. I dont know if that's good or bad.

I'm not sure even NSM can top 'It Not You, It Gambit'.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Just another day as a Space Station 13 Geneticist.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Push El Burrito posted:

You have to use her full name. Annie May.

Her friends call her 'Japanimation'.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ImpAtom posted:

Let me tell you about Spider Man Reign.

Alternately that's also how he beat Morlun the first time.

And never mentioned it, at all during Spider-Verse, leaving them to discover their enemies' weakness halfway through the story after several people had died.

Dan Slott's Spider-Man: sometimes dumber than his newspaper counterpart.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

PoptartsNinja posted:

Now someone photoshop Hulk throwing Spidey to the tune of "Grooonk!"
The Gronkball Special!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Synthbuttrange posted:

"It was a mistake, I was trying to cave in his skull!"
'I was aiming for his head'.

Presumably the blanket is/was to gag him once he was knocked out.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

a disoriented kilgrave stumbles off the roof and as the sheet flies off him he commands MJ, Peter and Luke to take a swan dive themselves. All plummet to their deaths.

Wait, can't Peter save them after they jump off with his web-oh, right. Newspaper Spider-Man.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It's kind of weird to see this 2012 storyline in the comic strip thread where Peter's taking a proactive role in stopping Kraven, and even figures out his plan. I mean, granted, the plotline's not ended yet, and this came right after the Clown-9 debacle, but still. It's weird to see him being honest-to-god competent.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Zerilan posted:

I forgot about the webwings so looked up some early Spidey stuff and found the first comic he was on the cover of.

Really fitting that in his literal first appearance he is thinking out-loud and being bad at secret identities.

I think Dan Slott did a one-page story explaining that guy's history. Turns out he was screaming so loud it completey drowned out Peter's narration.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bobkatt013 posted:

What does slott have to do with reign?

Nothing, I think he was talking about how Reign Spidey got killed off in a throwaway panel in Spider-Verse.

Random Stranger posted:

There's an in continuity story where Peter is killing MJ through radioactive sperm and he has to go get a cure.

Yes, that means there's multiple stories about Pete's radioactive cum.

Wait, really?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lobok posted:

Anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself you're too dumb to think otherwise.

Checks out.

Thor posted:

You are a mighty fighter, but in the end, you are only a selfish creature while heroes... heroes have an infinite capacity for stupidity! Thus are legends born!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

This had better lead to at least one panel of Spider-Men pointing at each other, or I will be very disappointed. :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

This is different from 616-universe Spider-Man how?

NSM Spidey was smart enough never to sell his marriage to the devil.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bruceski posted:

When did TV Pilot Wonder Woman get here?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ooh, is this a Cloak & Dagger crossover to tie in with the tv series? Cause Tandy was throwin' round some hadokens in that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bruceski posted:

She's gonna be fine, Peter Parker and Carole... Carole is an iconic couple remembered fifty years later.
What if her last name is actually Danvers and this is a crossover?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

You know, I'm curious about how MJ found out about Peter's ID in the newspaper strip. When'd Stan make that decision? Before the wedding, presumably.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lobok posted:

Could you really not get a waitressing job MJ?

Then again I could say the same for Peter, who throws himself into harm's way for a living as well.

Probably pays better, not to mention MJ's desire to pursue acting, so I guess it's a bit of a better career move if you don't mind some peril.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The 'current' storyline just got a lot funnier considering the events of today's ASM issue.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Quick PSA: Paint3D is the worst.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Johnny Walker posted:

I love how in old Newspaper Spider-Man he's constantly grimacing and making fists in a rage. I bet he was like that in the 60s-70s comics too. I do remember he yelled at hippies once.

Yeah, that's classic Lee/Ditko Spidey all right. He softened when Romita came on the book, though.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Johnny Walker posted:

Hey at thousand dollars was a lot of money back now!

"Well, technically just 'swinging.' You remember Luke Cage?"

Wow, and here I thought Peter getting a whole bunch of head trauma was the only NSM reference in Far From Home.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

evilmiera posted:

Is this before or after MJ figured out Peter was Spidey, and if the latter, how much headtrauma has SHE suffered?

Lurdiak posted:

She supposedly knew before they even met.
But that retcon wasn't by Stan, and while it was established that she'd known for years that Peter was Spidey, he knowing from the start was only established in Parallel Lives. Whether MJ knows here is still up in the air, especially since this is a different continuity.

Samuringa posted:

This is actually something he has done recently against the Kingpin in Zdarsky's run and it was also a bit weird
Plus you know, Far From Home.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

And to think, this is where the seeds of Kraven's Last Hunt were sown...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Haifisch posted:

Nah, Peter just forgot he had it yesterday.

Wow, no wonder Fisk keeps piling praise on Spidey in the Spencer run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I felt that this page from the Marvel cookbook belonged in this thread.

It's just Aurora Borealis.