Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
What the gently caress was that title even supposed to mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I was thinking more of actual stuntpeople who have been doing dangerous stuff since Hollywood exists for way less pay and prestige than Tom Cruise, but sure. He could get one too.

I've heard an argument against it that an Oscar category for "best stunt" would encourage stuntpeople to try bigger and riskier stunts for the sake of trying to win the Oscar, thus increasing the likelihood of fatal accidents.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

I hope Venom turns out OK. Not great and especially not spectacularly successful, just OK. Moderately positive reception, it doesn't make a billion dollars but the people that do see it come away satisfied.

People at Sony will sweat bullets, not knowing what to do.

Hi, I'm kinda new to following all the business side of the comic book franchises. Why do you want Venom to come away with a "just okay" box office haul? And who exactly has the rights to make Spiderman movies?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Timby posted:

Marvel and Sony now produce them together, though Sony has final say on certain things.

Sony can still do whatever the gently caress it wants with characters like Venom and the zillion other characters they acquired back in 1998.

Thanks.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Gatts posted:

At this point I feel like there’s something disturbing about being repackaged nostalgia and sold in a new wrapper both from a creative/manufacturing standpoint and from the consumer standpoint.

Like all you wanna do is to exist in a moment of time rehashing the same poo poo you experienced to recapture some, what, lost feeling versus tread new ground? You want to exist in that comforting moment of time all the time?

Counterpoint, if it's a good story, why not explore the material in other mediums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

got any sevens posted:

How about A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

I read that book. It was boring as gently caress.