Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

what game is he talking about? it doesn't matter because its true of all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://clips.twitch.tv/WonderfulWiseNigiriBuddhaBar

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i screamed when this got algorithmed by youtube to be my 1st recomended video a few weeks ago

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i did all of dizzy's combo trials in like 30 minutes with a pad but it took me 2 hours on a stick...fuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm not buying it becasue i'll be playing monster hunter :unsmigghh:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

b_d posted:

don't forget fantasty strike and pocket rumble and that mlp fighting game

i can easily forget all of them, and fighting layer because its hideous

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fadam posted:

Frosty Faustings is gonna be fun. Did any cool Japanese players come out for Guilty Gear?

teresa is there he plays jam and sits on the floor

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Will it have like Handicap mode where I can just play one character against however many. Since that’s probably the easiest way I’ll be able to learn individual ones.

no but everyone has 3 count em 3 auto combos + all the specials and super moves are quarter circle forward or quarter circle back

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Don’t answer my questions if your not going to read them you peace of poo poo.

relax gamer

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I was talking to p Mack.

:cheers:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

She would be smashed to paste by a single blow of any of the games current characters.

So would tien and krillin. gently caress you!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://clips.twitch.tv/AverageShinyDumplingsSoBayed

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im trying to get through the story for 21 but im afraid im gonna die of old age before im done

i just skipped trhu all the cutscenes and it still took 3 hours and when i was finished....i started playing monster hunter and tekken instead :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I skipped all the text in story mode and it still took like 4 hours :gonk:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'd go from eh pretty good to insanely hoipe if they added someone cool like bulma, arale, or master roshi instead of all these damned saiyans. launch with a gun. mai witth a gun. oolong. basically any of the weirdos from original dragon ball. lucca from chrono trigger with the wondershot her random damage and status gun so she'd basically be faust, with a gun.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dangerdoom volvo posted:

lol i finally slogged my way through story and right when i finished the last battle the game crashed. what a sign

sorry for your loss. i had the fatal error happen as well at the end of one of the maps. FORTUNately the game autosaves at the start of each new map so at worst you'll have to do the map right before the android 21 boss fight, maybe it starts from teh fight. hell maybe you already unlocked her

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

id love more dragon ball/early dbz stuff too but they will add Broly and more dbsuper characters

toriyama invented girl broly for db super so hopefully they add her and piss off broly fans

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

better than real broly

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

He’s also a military veteran. Way to support the troops. Maybe you need to take a break from posting for a while.

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Hey mate. I'm 0-50 and fighting 20-0 people. Cool it. We all struggle in this life.

This

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I saw an option somewhere that says hide record but if it only works for your player card thing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Stairmaster posted:

why are they even bothering with sfv

lots of people play it and they still have the pro tour. and its a great game. #riseup

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the best part of sfv is it has exposed daigo as a fraud who loses to 8 year olds from dubai or whatever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzB-AiiFJ04&t=1046s

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

its cool that dbz is the last game and every other tournament should follow suit

yeah....becasue the matches are way to long and it isn't very interesting to watch :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the best thing about uniel is that no one plays it and it has terrible netcode. and everyone is a dingus in a hoodie

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I wiah u has bought new shoes wirh my amazon giftcard instead of dbz fighters tbh

I typed the above on my phone 2 months ago and thanks to awful app it was saved

In Training posted:

Everyone at Capcom deserves 25 to life imo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ristolaz posted:

What dont you like about it. I didnt really get into it but maybe I should try other fgs

the style and presentation looks great although i don't think it looks as nice as guilty gear xrd, but they've been working on that game for 4 years now and dbz seems to have had a pretty short dev cycle.

the main things i don't like about it are: 1. samey characters and combo routes which leads to samey playstyles. the main differences between characters seems to me to be good range on normals vs stubby rear end normals and vegeta tier/beam assist vs everyone else's assist so there's really no compelling reason to use krilin with his whack rear end assist and tiny limbs vs cell or android 16 or whatever. idk i haven't played it much maybe i'm wrong 2. lack of defensive options. arcsys games tend to favor offense over defense but this game lacks some stuff that marvel and guilty gear have (push block, just defense, a viable burst) and offensive options can go on and on and on in this game. 3. dragon rush feels really gross. idk i really dislike dragon rush and can't get over how much i hate it compared to throws, like how block buttons in mortal combat always felt gross, aside from them being mostly stiff and ugly. 4. neutral game feels whack. idk just feels whack to me bro. i've always been bad at marvel style games tho so maybe its a personal problem for me i have to reflect deeply upon.

newayz i'd recommend checking out something for free on fightcade if you want to play an fg. most the old street fighters (street fighter 2 super turbo, sf alpha 2 and 3, and street fighter 3rd strike) are all good and have active communities and there's a lot of information for newbs on the internet. you can also play with ppl named like UruguayanSSHitlerKampf who will insult you nonstop in spanish while you lose.

for more modern stuff if you absolutely must pay someone money Guilty Gear XRD Revelator 2 has an excellent tutorial altho kind of a small playerbase on steam and ps4 so you have to look around for matches on discord sometimes. its very fun tho. ive had more fun with tekken 7 grinding away in ranked mode than basically with any other game for the past few years single or multiplayer but it has 0 tutorials and is probably one of the least newb friendly games in an already unfriendly genre of games, you lose spectacularly and quickly without really knowing why until you do a lot of self study and since the game is freaking barebones you'll have to trawl a lot of youtubes and discord pinned messages to find out why or what you should be focusing on. try b4 you buy if you can preferably with someone who can explain wtf is going on.on the plus side the netcode for tekken 7 is generally good and there's lots of ppl playing of all skill levels all the time online.

soul calibur 6 is coming out this year and a lot of the hard stuff from tekken [moving around] isn't hard and it'll probably have a big playerbase. who knows if it will come with functional tutorials or any explanations of system mechanics tho probalby not given bamco's recent track record.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

tekken tag 2 had really great in-game tutorials that exhaustively taught you all the game's systems and had basically a practice for every general situation, what to do if your opponent is keeping their distance, what to do when you get floored, what to do at a wall, etc. and drat, they could've copied and pasted a lot of the general stuff into 7 and it would've been fine but 7 has nothing at all in it

that said 7 is the most fun i've had with fightmans probably ever and it's loving fantastic, there is a huge payoff after all the self-study and hours in training mode practicing combos and counters and the netcode is unbelievably good, i may as well be sitting next to imps when we fight

yeah tag 2 had pretty decent tutorials iirc altho i never played it much. namco really dropped the ball (the bowling ball, and the beach ball)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my ds4 is all hosed up and like gets stuck in the down forward position i can no longer play tekken that's right i use a pad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i think the micro usb port is hosed up because it doesn't happen when i use my ps4 [almost never] wirelessly. fuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i heard the xbox elite controller has a good dpab but those fuckers cost 150 dollars HOL Y poo poo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

yeah i couldnt believe the deal either. Have 3 myself.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i liked the two map modes in sc1 and 2 iirc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Soul Calibur 6: A Soul In Darkness, is a fantastic Indie Treasure from the genius minds at Bandai-Namco, featuring an absolutely awesome story mode. At only 59.99, you can’t afford NOT to enjoy this Suberb offering.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Is fightcade 2 fully out yet.

yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

personally, i don't care

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dragon enthusiast posted: