Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

exit interviews are a bit paradoxical to me, in that if i知 leaving the company because of big structural issues with it that made me hate the place, then i知 sure as gently caress not going to spend the effort to explain/go over them when i知 not getting paid for it. gently caress 粗m, they don稚 deserve the help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

it might be a good idea to make your visa sponsoring program more clear when you ask, so that candidates feel more comfortable revealing their status.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

tk posted:

This is good. Devs hate presenting.

can confirm, gently caress presenting. please god hire someone else to do the presenting

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

carry on then posted:

just to be clear, you want me to apply to a senior-level position at a series b startup primarily working in typescript and go and focusing heavily on databases, monitoring, and big data, none of which i have any background in whatsoever?

yes, and they specifically told you to not make this post, too

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fortaleza posted:

I've got a round two interview (of three I think, plus a small take-home thing at some point) on Monday and I'm stoked, bit of a dream job. I'm incredibly qualified so if they don't hire me they're stupid and wrong

interviewing: if they don't hire me they're stupid and wrong

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

god, i知 terrible at remembering specific instances of these kinds of things. i feel like i get some bizarre form of amnesia immediately after resolving whatever it is, and the interview pressure to think of a time, any time before you look like a bullshitting moron, definitely never helps...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Armitag3 posted:

the guy that came up with points already apologised like a million times

CPColin posted:

He should apologize at least 123,581,321 more times, imo

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

quote:

Well, if I did invent story points, I知 probably a little sorry now, but not very sorry.

lol, he has no remorse, the fucker. just an entire meandering article about how they're cool and good actually, just everyone besides him is using them wrong, you see.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

cheese eats mouse posted:

got my last rejection I gave a poo poo about from the start up. i'm officially on sabbatical and I'll get a full 2 months in Japan. Was worried I'd have to cut it short to go back to work.

i've been cramming basic japanese since last week and now can read hiragana and 12 kanji

がんばって!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

i simply work for publicly traded companies op

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

ultrafilter posted:

You always run the risk of running into someone who left Ohio and wants to talk about it though.

i'm pretty sure that just makes them want to talk about it even less

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

lord fifth posted:

the plan was to be in nyc but i keep getting better opportunities in california D:

seems like the company im working for has similar new grad salaries between sd and sf, though, so thats nice at least. but i'll be desperately trying to claw my way out of california in the fall

you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

i'd probably just send a quick email saying I went with another offer, and ignore anything else. like 2 minutes to send a short message is basically free, but any further effort is dumb and pointless

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

getting a reply email after an interview that just says "skill issue"