Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Angelwolf posted:

You know what's great about Alpine Peaks?

Absolutely loving nothing! :argh:

It would be ok if you could say respawn at say capturable bases littered around the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Orion VA is excellent. Runs hot after a while but can tank like gently caress, and its alpha is glorious. Might have to drop an engine bracket for artemis though.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

aniviron posted:

I would very much not recommend UAC20s, especially clan ones, if you're looking for a good mech. They're fun most of the time, but if you don't have an assload of weapons to back up your UAC20 when it jams (and it will jam, on average just a bit under one in every five clicks) then you're totally hosed, enjoy your eight second jam with an opponent in brawling range in your mech that will be slower than the enemy mech because you're in an assault. Oh, and the other guy knows because your weapon shows as red on the HUD to him when you're jammed.

Theyre ok in pairs. Like on a King Crab with backup srms.

Shame ita still a KC though :/

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

TjyvTompa posted:

The splatdog is a classic and still one of my favourite mechs to just take out for a spin and blast some people to pieces.

Why the gently caress are those things so thin. The CT is juat bullshit.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Put uac 20s on them

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Are uziels bad then? The jjs on mine seem useless

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Help I’m addicted to MRM40

Wonder what MRMs plus UAC20s would be like on a kcrab or something

Btw is the nightstar any good does anyone know?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Put a uac20, 2 mrm30s and a large pulse (hmm) on a an atlas d. So much fun. Assaults just vanish. Its amazing.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Maybe you will be able to folder he shoulder guns away like on a robot from a good video game

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Why do gauss rifles sound pneumatic

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I really think btech could do with tearing up the current system and starting again.
Only reason I dont boat everything is different hard points and mixed bracket weapons. See: that missile cyclops

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Turns out you should put lbx 10s on your maulers all. These are better than an equivalent no. UAC5s!

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

aniviron posted:

Grid iron, if you have one from when they were free (or bought one I guess): http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=133&l=ccf56a162993e9121c11103f974358b3f80154f1

HBK-4P 8ML: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=2&l=795dc78549fd829dcf38bd595405c6314903e93d

HBK-4G UAC 20: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=9&l=ee7f044efc78c096d53fead852de2c4a1b23a7a4

Second two are Bad Build Alert, as the 4P is pretty dogshit these days but I still have a soft spot for it, and the 4G is quirked for AC10s and even if you do 20s you shouldn't do UACs but I like to gamble and if you do get in range you're very damage-ful.

Bewilderingly you don't even have all 6 mls in the 4Ps shoulder!

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Oh god. Oh god. I don't want to give pgi money but.. It looks so cool! Someone else get in the beta and tell us if it's bad

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Moleboy posted:

So apparently since they nerfed my beloved ATM's rather than buffed them, I guess I will have to work on ballistic boating. are 4 AC5's better than 6 ac2s? Been a while since I dove into the full ballistic meta mechanics.

4 x UAC 5 on a Mauler 1P can be excellent, especially if you get some mouse macros going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

TjyvTompa posted:

You don't need a macro for uAC/5's. Just bind all weapons to both mouse buttons and mash. Mashing also works for uAC/2s in the DRG-5N but if you are planning on bringing out the DWF-UV then I would say that a macro would improve your damage output, but really macros are for losers :smug:

My feeble accuracy evaporates when I have to both mash buttons and aim