Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'd laugh at them but they may send a hit squad to kill me. I heard that place is very good though - at least for breakfast but there was always tons of bikes outside at all hours. gently caress joke though to go on Facebook. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

quote:

Get rid of Trudeau. Never let the Liberals or the Left wing get back in to a Majority ever. They are obviously not to be trusted. The people that voted for him did it because he wasn't Harper. Trudope and his party have no substance, no foresight, and have hosed Alberta over for the last time. I used to work in Fort Mac Murray now I'm on Ei. I have entered into college again at age 40 instead of providing for my family by having a job. I'm done with civil discussion. gently caress you you liberal hippies. You are cutting off our collective noses to spite our face, all in the name of environmentalism. What a sick joke to live here in Alberta and have other citizens of Canada laugh at us because we weren't prepared for the rest of Canada to turn their backs on us. Trudeau has sunk his own ship by not having a spine on any issues unless its virtue signaling that he's a feminist, immigrant , trans person. And blames the previous government for not putting us into crippling debt. I feel like most Canadians don't even pay attention to his lack of substance, only that he has nice hair.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Canadians don’t drink American milk

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought they were for literal blind people. :3:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"Treat weed like booze"

"ARHGHAHF FUKKEN TRUDOPE NOW WHAT DO I DO??@!?"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

its awesome to be honest

i love the frigid cold - just wear a hat and scarf if you're gonna be out for a while

plus i love driving on winter roads with my studded tires

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wish Pallister was never found when he fell in Costa Rica

gently caress this bullshit

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

they are just asking questions PEOPLE!!

also owning semi-automatic guns is bad

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giwkngfQ0W4

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wab is our only hope but too many bigots in this loving dumb province.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dave Wheeler then tried suing Rogers over lost wages and that opened up a can of worms to see how much this shitstain was making on goddamn local radio

I do not think anyone here supports him anymore after learning he was set to make $355,000/ year!!! I don't recall any of the popular radio personalities coming out to defend him.

quote:

Rogers signed Wheeler to a five-year contract on Sept. 15, 2012. He was to get a $7,500 signing bonus and start with an annual salary of $255,000 that would increase by $5,000 each year over the term of the contract, plus semi-annual $10,000 ratings bonuses.

He signed a second, five-year contract with Rogers in August 2017 — about 16 months after he was suspended in 2016. His wage jumped to $335,000 per year, plus a one-time $100,000 signing bonus, according to court documents.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/dave-wheeler-sues-rogers-92-citi-fm-winnipeg-1.4831614

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CommonShore posted:

Losing ground to who? I've seen almost nothing from either of the opposition parties for like a year :mad:

Follow Wab - he posts videos all the time calling things out.

Liberals may as well not exist in Manitoba.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

infernal machines posted:

drunk driving may kill a lot of people, but it also helps a lot of people enjoy sporting events, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj0Sd44LAuc

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Powershift posted:

"HOW ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO GET MY FUCKIN CAR HOME" ~Sam Kinision, 1953-1992, cause of death unknown.

Uhhh, his death sounds pretty out of nowhere and not his fault.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

People are already dumb sensitive about this stuff and I think going after it wasn't a good move on her part - there are better targets to go after for racism in this dumb province.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

infernal machines posted:

otoh, telling PoC how they should protest racism has never been a good look either.

other people of colour in the comments are calling her out though too

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Trudeau made the entire country conservative. Best PM ever.

Yeah, we're hosed

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CommonShore posted:

I think I hate Pallister more than any other major Canadian politician.

I wish he died when he fell off some path on vacation

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bilirubin posted:

I think the important thing to remember though is that Winnipeg sucks

Actually it rules.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There's always stuff to do here though?

Tons of good restaurants around for whatever palate. Tons of good shows every week. Great parks to be in in the summer. Winter has a giant ice trail and plenty to go see.

People who say there is nothing to do are lazy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I think now is a good time as ever to remind you that Serial Joe was a band that existed lol

as a stupid teenager we threw pennies at them when they played at some fest

i sure showed them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyH-iXX4e-M

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress I didn’t see you pat that here re: racist pallister

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

can’t wait to poo poo my pants tmrw after voting and seeing pallister win

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think I’m done caring about the world

gently caress everything and everyone

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They did it to everybody who changed names jeez you guys aren't that special

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sal's was great at 3am with their hearty breakfast supreme.

The best beer vendor just by Grant and Pembina doesn't have any steel doors. It's wide open.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Memories of the good old days at Tim Hortons doing back boy job.

- Get to work at 3. Day bakers have just finished, all the fresh donuts cooling down on the racks. Eat whatever you want, grab a coffee.
- Grab the fresh donut blanks and head to the hot fondant machine. Turn them into boston creams, chocolate dips, vanilla sprinkle, etc.
- Get rid of all the donuts out front. They're 8 hours old now, trash not fit for human consumption. We easily filled half a 2x2x4 foot garbage bin every day, sometimes more. A dude came once and gave me 10 bucks for like 400 pounds to feed his emus.
- Cut fresh veg and make chicken salad and tuna salad for the night shift/tomorrow. I think that was the only thing pre-prepped for sandwiches, everything else was just meat and vegetables they hand assembled.
- Cover cash during cashier breaks, rushes
- Drive donuts/cups around to smaller stores without bakeries
- My break, make whatever monstrosity of bagel sandwich I could imagine with whatever ingredients
- Mop/clean the back, quit at 9. Save some old donuts if going to a party after.

It was a good summer job. I feel bad for the people working there now.

Hell yes, I did a stint at Tims working the back with my buddy being the evening "manager". Such a cool job making fresh stuff and wearing baker whites. Remember when Tims had fresh pies too? The only weird thing was the sorta goopy sandwich meat but otherwise it was mostly fresh.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Suplex Liberace posted:

very happy the climate apocolypse has eradicated the only good season in Manitoba so much sooner than i anticipated

drat, im glad im not the only one who has noticed this

fall hasnt existed here for a good few years

it just wet and snow - i miss the dry rear end leaves all over the place and the smell of fall

it loving sucks now and only getting colder.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

haha gently caress that

don’t sell the loving amphibex machines if you’re so worried about flooding you goddamn loving idiot

also check out the Grande family (Mona Lisa restaurant) and their 2011 flood grift. complete scum.

i think someone from that family recently died when there dog jumped em or something, they smashed thru a glass table and died like immediately

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can someone translate it please? :(

I stopped taking french after gr 7.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thank you :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Frond posted:

Considering the cost of Hockey now, I wouldn’t be surprised in a generation or two Basketball or Soccer overtake it as the #1 sport. Cherry ain’t helping.

Or rugby which is gaining traction. We'll be putting my kids in that since my wife played it for 15 years.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Tim Hortons is poo poo compared to Robins :biotruths:

Mega-agreedo!

gently caress Tims - unless someone gives it to me for free or I am bored.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

a primate posted:

me, flipping through the pictures: what’s wrong with this place, that Philipp guy must be a snob or— ahhhh holy poo poo

:lol: I was thinking the same. Looks great!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The purpose of the flu vaccine is so you don't gently caress up someone who isn't as lucky as you. Christ. Not, "I got sick anyways - FAKE NEWS"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

its' really loving weird there is not a single one in Winnipeg yet tons of loving ads for it

before i couldn't be hosed to drive to selkirk but i live near it now and tempted to go in

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, that's a solid burg in a rush.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

MW in MB went up 5 cents - every bit counts, RIGHT??

gently caress PALLISTER

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

HE ASKED NICELY FOR YOU TO STAY HOME AND VACCINATE WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM?

*McDonald's jingle*
I'm hatin it*

*This province

im lovin this post tho

ba da ba ba ba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kings Head loving rules and is a goddamn legit pub. I’m missing watching Euro Cup there right now. glad their GoFundMe is doing well. the owner is top notch and always is super friendly.

The cook at the kings head, last I checked, is a trinadadian guy (one of his cousins used to be married to my friend) so ummm we’re supporting someone good. And anyways, we got time for other places too like Cilantros on Gateway which is easily the best Indian food in the city.