Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

a pale ghost posted:

This game is on sale on Steam and I'm curious about it, is it as buggy as people say? I really want to get into a roleplaying game like this but I don't want to play a game that screws me over constantly

I started playing this about a week ago and the only disasterous bug I've encountered, was a three-star Legendary annihilator sentry bot with rockets that instakilled any character, even my friends level 200+ guy.

In it's current state, it's by far the least buggy Bethesda game I have ever played and the performance is somehow way better than FO4/Skyrim. I can look at god-rays without my fps slowing to a crawl.
My biggest complaints is the Atom Shop. I finally get enough atoms to buy a cool outfit I saw on the wiki and it's just not there? There were only elf costumes last week and now there's only gala stuff. How do you gently caress up a real money store so bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Twincityhacker posted:

...I thought the only canon aliens was the Grays that star in Project Zeta and the Flatwoods Monster?

There's also that alien desert civilization that Lorenzo Cabot found in FO4. The flatwoods monster is one of the usual grays in a hovering space suit

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

Did some googling and wow... you really can't share quest progress? What a complete piece of poo poo. Why even bother releasing the content or calling it multiplayer? Truly baffling how anyone could release a game in this state. Shameful.

Do not get Fallout 76 if you plan on playing with a friend. We would return it if we could.

The old main story with the scorched plague is completely doable with several players, but a lot of the newer Wastelanders & BoS main quests is solo only. I get why they did it, but I wish there was an option to progress through those quests together, even if it meant that somebody else could mess up your story.

edit: also ho,ly poo poo do not pay 2500 caps for the weapon shipment in Foundation, you don't get anything, not even any settler rep

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

buglord posted:

Is FO76's nuclear winter mode dead for PC players? Takes me a long time to find a match, and when I do its 20 people. USWest on Gamepass for PC, if it matters.

e: also whats a good way to get more caps? Im level 42 and chronically poor.

Depends on the time. There's definitely a dead zone between the russians going to bed and the americans coming home from work, where you can wait for a long while before you get a game.

As for caps, get to level 50 and do Daily Ops, scorched earths/a collossal problem for legendaries you can sell to vendors and stable flux which players buys for stupid amount of caps (like 3-400 each).

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

i flunked out posted:

Do ultracite ammo, its pretty much always worth the added mats.

If you have an ultracite primed weapon, do you get ultracite or normal ammo for completing a daily op?

Also Nuclear Winter is extremly fun, already at rank 32 after a couple of weeks. The speed of each game, the weapons, Last Laugh being a 100% chance, the rewards for both adventure and NW, building stupid poo poo with CAMPS, nukes acting as a camper deterrent... It's insane to me that the loving Fallout 76 Battle Royale is the first pvp video game I've enjoyed in like 7 years.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

The first melee attack in VATS teleports me to my opponent, is there any benefit to making the followup attacks in VATS.

You can usually bypass the shell defences on mirelurks and such by VATSing them instead of manually striking them, and I believe VATS still does full damage if an enemy tries to block your melee attack.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Baron Porkface posted:

Do the Prydwyn and Boston airport share a workshop inventory?

Yes, but you can't actually build anything on the prydwen. I think the shared inventory is for the power armour workstations.

Also Boston Airport as a settlement sucks if you don't have caravans to other settlements, because it's a nightmare trying to find dirt patches to grow food/water.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

i flunked out posted:

Fasnacht is back, and it brings with it the usual whiny posts about people killing the sloth too soon, and people afking the easiest event in the world. I guess there's new masks too?

I got this (minus the mods) from the sloth:

fuk u if you kill the sloth instantly

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

How does crafting ultracite fusion cores work? Do I have to used fully-charged cores as the ingoing component? Do Ammosmith and Ammo Factory do anything?

Ammosmith and ammo factory definitely counts when crafting cores. With both ammosmith 2 AND ammo factory 4, I get 3 normal fusion cores instead of one. Similar scaling is applied to crafting ultracite ammunition.

edit: turns out it was 4 normal cores instead of 3

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 26, 2021

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Everybody launching nukes all the time for years explains why we haven't heard from post-rebuild WV in the other games. The entire state will be a smouldering, radioactive crater by 2110

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Twincityhacker posted:

I got as far as Vault-Tec University but the quest keeps breaking inside the building.

If you get the "Removed from instance" message when trying to enter VTU, leave your team, maybe server hop and try again. I don't know why VTU doesn't play well with being in a team, but it's the only way I can enter it to complete the ''Heart of the enemy" quest.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sensenmann posted:

Double can no longer drop, any weapon you have with that modifier is a Legacy. Not a very good one but still a Legacy.

On the topic of Legacies, if you happen to have one, especially one with a high rate of fire, don't shoot things that are close by. The explosive damage they deal is high enough to kill yourself with. If anyone has a AAE/BE Gatling Plasma or AAE/BE Flamer, name your price. :D

If anyone wants to know which Legendaries are good and which are instant scrip fodder, say so and I will post a long and boring explanation. :)

I wouldn't mind a quick rundown on what's good or not. Stuff like + bash damage is obviously garbage 98% of the time, explosive is good all the time; but effects like faster movement speed while aiming and Zealot's feels like they should be useful enough to keep sometimes.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Chamale posted:

I was wondering why the Ricochet perk in Fallout 4 is so bad, so I looked into it. It only works on enemies that use guns and have a max HP of 100. The only enemies in the game that this can apply to are basic Raiders, Raider Scum, and basic Synths. Super Mutants and Gunners always have enough HP that Ricochet won't affect them, unless you reduce them to 40% HP.

Do you know what the exact % chance of a ricochet triggering is? I think it's a very fun perk, but even against low level enemies it rarely seems to happen

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

There's a lot of Nuclear Winter games going on right now because of the new season, so you can get a match almost instantly on PC

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Late edit: so what's the deal with people bouncing around on marsupial in the lobby for nuclear winter? Exploits or is that some poo poo at available at a higher level?

Frog Legs perk card. Requires 9 agility and can be purchased for 10 of the overseer points you get whenever you get a duplicate NW perk card from a pack.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I knew getting that dumbass fruit hat way back at release was a good idea. That and the hootenanny suspenders, I sink right into the shrubbery.

The beekeeper hat from the current season is also MVP for hiding in bushes. That and some marine armour is perfect for ambushing people running from the storm.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sensenmann posted:

Good luck if you want a full Ultracite/Strangler Heart set. The good plans are a very rare drop from the queen, so either pray for a lucky drop or hope you find Cal Shock, Targetting Hud or Emergency Protocols in player vendors. They will cost A LOT, though.

Wait, some of the Queen PA mod plans are worth something? I usually sell all known queen plans for 0 caps or drop them for new players, because nobody wants them

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I think that red holographic head is going to look sick with my X-01 Inferno mk I skin, can't wait to unlock it

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

My view on Fallout 4 have improved over the years, especially with the dlcs and survival mode. Building cool settlements and travelling the world to find new items to build is a lot of fun. Mechanically it's easy to do and usually it just works.

But holy poo poo the first two hours of the game is absolute dogshit. The unskippable 2077 segment, having to trod through the vault, Concord being an extremely railroaded setup for the EPIC E3 trailer moment and the complete lack of choices & consequences until you find the Drumlin Diner are all loving garbage decisions that new players are faced with right at the beginning

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

NW shutting down is genuinely making me sad. It's the first pvp experience I've actually enjoyed since ps3 launch dark souls 2 belltower fights.
I'll grind out the marble statue since it won't be available post September and the inferno mk 2 PA. After that I'll have to hope that mk 3 won't be a 1/3k drop from Scorched Earth or whatever.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Project Paradise, One Violent Night, Encryptid and Free Range too. But only if you're on a server with a larger number of non-stupid players, who doesn't just sit in a single place with their legacy weapons and expect everybody else to do all the work

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

ASenileAnimal posted:

are energy weapons in 76 busted, terrible or both? i tried a laser rifle out and in every fight my initial hit will do normal damage and then every hit after does like 1 or 2 damage regardless of range.

Energy weapons with a sniper barrel needs a moment to recharge between shots, otherwise they don't do full damage on subsequent shots. This is indicated by a tiny red light at the end of the barrel, that you cannot see if the weapon is scoped.

Or you could be getting a sneak critical or fo76 could just be busted again

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I think I've done every bit of mission content in FO76 except the BoS stuff - I did up until Will you join the Brotherhood? and honestly they seem like such assholes that I took a raincheck. I know especially in 76 its not a binding choice at all, but its the moral of the thing.

There's some cool brotherhood guys inside fort Atlas, but the intitial BOS guys all suck rear end in that very specific Fallout 4 BOS way. You should still do the questline, even if you don't like the brotherhood, because you can completely poo poo on them and their main mission, which I hope comes up again in Steel Reign

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The two worlds he hasn't touched yet have less random elements than Kiddie Kingdom, especially with the 5 star cores he's found.
Far Harbor shouldn't be too bad with all his prep work, except for the constant rads everywhere. My money is on the run ending in the final Automatron dungeon, it's the perfect mix of strong enemies spawning out of nowhere, having to use a companion to progress and laser attacks from all over the place.

MATN's level 1 dlc playthroughs are also good, OWB and Point Lookout. I hope he gets back to either level 1 Pitt or Far Harbor after this YOLO run.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

Alright I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger on 76 for $13. I assume I can run around single player style and do fallouty stuff like view the bathtub skeletons and collect shampoo bottles right?

Absolutely. The game is basically Fallout 4.5, with a bunch of multiplayer content if you would like to play with others. All the main quest lines and most side quests are soloable with no problems.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Eiba posted:

I've only just barely started their stuff, so if it gets better I'd love to know. If you're not actively on board with the Brotherhood, does their quest line ever become tolerable?

It gets better. The beginning part with Knight Shin sucks rear end, because the first BoS knight you interact with is an amalgamation of the worst parts of the FO4 brotherhood. I think the presentation of the story about what happend to them on the way to WV is pretty interesting, the main Scribe is cool and the paladin is voiced by Artemis from Always Sunny. You also get some incredibly powerful weapons from the BoS quests.

I have two characters ready for Steel Reign; one who sided with the paladin and did all the best stuff for WV. The other one did the opposite, went full facist and following orders. I'm not expecting an Alpha Protocol level of choices mattering, but it'll be fun to see what'll happen next.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

How is the new questline? I only logged into get the dailies done today, I will prob checkout the questline tomorrow. Is it long/short? Unlock any special vendors that are time sensitive?

It's good. The quests feels a bit longer and meatier than Steel Dawn, but that might be because I was reading all the terminals and notes too.
A lot of the choices made in Dawn carries over, but it's pretty obvious that some of them just leads to a single npc line changing. Although, a couple of them feels like they helped/hindered in some situations. I'm going to do the questline again today with my rear end in a top hat character to see if anything changes. Besides the usual skill and reputation checks, there's also a couple of other checks, mostly event-based.
Rewards spoilers: A very strong power fist with a unique skin (furious, +40% power attack damage, +1 str) (which is currently bugged and breaks on fast travel), a bunch of cosmetic outfits, a black version of the bungalow for your camp, a set hellcat power armour

Does anybody who played the PTS know how Minerva works? I've been running around the three major settlements looking for her, with no success.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Although, a couple of them feels like they helped/hindered in some situations. I'm going to do the questline again today with my rear end in a top hat character to see if anything changes.

Finished Steel Reign with my shithead character and I realised that almost all of the minor choices from Steel Dawn matters more than the major ones. Both endings I've seen seems to imply that there's more rewards post-quest, but I haven't found any yet.
Don't waste 2500 caps during Supplying Demand, because it never comes up again and only changes the reward for the quest itself.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Minerva is in Foundation today and selling the War Glaive weapon plan for 2000 gold bullion.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

MH Knights posted:

I just want the washer and dryer. Someday a proper bathtub or shower will be released and my fallout barbie doll house will be complete.
You might not have to wait long, this was datamined from the Steel Reign update atomic shop/score cache.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

hi I started playing this because I've got nothing going on till November and after getting to level 50 I blew all the atoms I gained from challenges on building a Slocum's Joe because could a depressed person make this

there's also a house and a garage but they're not finished yet

That's a lovely little camp. I believe the Plan: Advertisement Posters has a couple of food-themed posters and the Plan: Valley Galleria Signs got a couple of diner looking signs that would fit right in.

I love themed camps, they're always a joy to look at and explore.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Manwithastick posted:

At the risk.of being spoiler-ly is there any reason to like Knight Shin?

Yes, but it won't be obvious for large parts of the brotherhood story. He's kind of a dick

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SetSliRol posted:

Not sure if others agree but I think today's Daily Op (Decryption with Resiliant/Armor-Piercing Robots in the Burrows) is probably the worst combinations of modifiers, mode and location I have ever seen. Even with a full team we barely scraped by under the 12 minute mark.
At least the Burrows is huge, with plenty of room to spawn enough enemies to progress. But I feel bad for anyone using a bloodied build during that exact daily op, because it's almost made specifically to kill them over and over.

Decryption with camoflaged super mutants in the Burning Mine is the worst one I have seen yet. Tried it three times with 4 man teams and couldn't get below 10 minutes. There's just too many ways to gently caress up your spawns in that location.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Question: I'm sure I've done this before but damned if I remember - if I want to craft an underarmor to the top level, can I directly mod it if I have the top plan, or do I have to mod the underarmor with the previous stages first? I see the 1st level SS Underarmor 'Treated' & 2nd level 'Resistant' is in Minerva's big sale right now, and the 3rd level 'Protective' & 4th level 'Shielded' will be available next week, obviously I don't want to put the gold down for the 1st/2nd/3rd if I can skip to the 4th.

SS Armor info: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Secret_Service_underarmor#Modifications

Minerva Schedules: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Minerva#Inventory

You only need the mod you want, not the lower tier ones. You can get shielded Secret service underarmour directly after the final wastelanders quest.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sensenmann posted:

New ITV is out.

There's also double score and double XP at some point.

Gotta grind those last 11-14 levels in NW, so I don't have to buy poo poo with bullion/do a ton of scorched earths to get inferno mk 3 on all my guys.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sensenmann posted:

Adding to this, if you've never tried NW, you should. Not because it's an amazing mode that gets sunset because Beth are lazy, no, it's because you might be sitting on a ton of unopened perk packs. I tried NW a while ago and while Battle Royale is nothing for me I found myself with a lot of perk packs. Opening them got me to level 10 and I now have 178 overseer tickets. As far as I know, that's 60 perk coins for being level 10 and another 178 for the tickets. That's definitely a nice to have.

Also you get some nice cosmetics for all your characters/camps by levelling up and most of the rewards are pretty front loaded from 1-16 and 16-50. Post level 50 it becomes a bit of a slog if you do not like the game mode.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Overseer_rank

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sensenmann posted:

A lot of those will, apparently, become available for purchase with Gold. Not sure if there will be back pedalling because that caused a bit of a stink in the NW community.

The only NW reward I have any objections to being sold for gold bullion is the Hellfire PA from rank 100. That should either remain exclusive or have a stupid low drop rate like the responder fireman uniform.
Everything else seems good; Inferno PA being a rare drop from Scorched Earth makes sense, a lot of the weird weapon/PA skins being placed in mole miner chests/xmas gifts and the stash boxes being sold for gold bullion.'

BOS minigun paint would have been better as a daily op or techincal data reward, but who cares about that when you can have the hot rod shark skin? :coolfish:

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 22, 2021

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Brute forcing a chameleon mutation at the poineer scout camp is a great way to get that nice top 10 bonus. Hack both terminals, pick "aid package" for the serums, stimpacks and radaways. Use the serums if their side effects aren't too bad (Grounded is a no go most of the time) and then sit next to the 25-50 rads/sec barrels nearby, while sucking up the radaway from the aid package to force a third mutation. The limited number of mutations in NW should give you either chameleon or speed demon almost every game.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

TheAgent posted:

edit: won't surprise me to see more and more high level departures before the end of the year

Did something happen at Bethesda?

Anyways new Inside the Vault with info on worlds and NW rewards in adventure mode. Perk coins is 6 per NW perk card earned instead of 6 per overseer rank, so there's a bunch of extra perk coins for sub-rank 100 folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I've been watching ManyATrueNerd's Fallout 76 videos while eating dinner and it is shocking how many issues the game had at launch, beyond all the big ones that gaming media picked up on and made fun of.

Stash box limit of 400, the depth of field making the game impossible to look at for more than 15 minutes, all the straight up non-functional or broken perk cards, every single weapon causing hp rubberbanding, the enemy levelling/respawning mechanics, survival mechanic penalties, vats auto targeting other players, no server wide messages for public events... The list goes on.