Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Grab Nick, since he's more relevant to Far Harbor's story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I could buy Diamond City being a craphole 20 or 30 years after the bombs but two centuries? Come on. That's some bullshit.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

dragonshardz posted:

Curie is actually the best companion in F4 that is not also Dogmeat.

Why must there be so much violence? *stabs raider with sword that's on fire*

Also she doesn't mind me making every fight with humans into a feast. Delicious human flesh, the most forbidden of all meats.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
That cult knife you get in the bottom of the Dunwich Borers dig site was great. Bleeding and poison damage? :cthulhu: :getin:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Open Marriage Night posted:

Nuka World is a lot of fun. It's a post apocalyptic theme park.

The cool thing about the robot DLC is all the options for making your own bots.

And also you should bring the Silver Shroud outfit along for the final battle

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Mantis42 posted:

Nick Valentine and the Silver Shroud are going to be in this?

The USS Constitution will be DLC

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

lol

edit1: I only thought I had opinions about video games...

edit2: Also, goddamnit, Ada is bugged out and whenever I dismiss her she rolls her stupid rear end back to the spot where I built a robot workstation the first time and just sits there no matter where I tell her to go. Automatron is cool, but it's also a buggy piece of poo poo. I think I'm just going to delet her with the console. She's the worst. Yes, you offended me Ada. Yes, you misinterpreted.

I'd take Ada over Jezebel any day

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
The only bit of regret I have with blowing up the Prydwen is that the one chief Scribe dude has a cat on board

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Glad to hear you are having fun! While I agree with the criticism that Power Armor in FO4 is a bit too common there is no denying it is incredibly fun to use.

I don't know what difficulty you are playing on but Very Hard isn't actually that hard. I have a lot of fun playing on Very Hard. Might want to give it a try. If you don't like it you can always change it back with no consequences.

Edit: fixed typos and added a bit about armor levels

This is especially true if you find any gun that is explosive, like the Spray n Pray, or a random legendary gun such as a Western Revolver or Combat Shotgun

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Guy who's playing for the first time: before you finish the Mechanist quests, you should find a guy named Kent in a place called Goodneighbor. He has some quests that are worth doing. For reasons.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

The Zombie Guy posted:

FO4 progress:

I got to Goodneighbor, found Kent, and as soon as I got his quest, I kinda figured where this was headed. So... Yeah, I'm basically Machine Gun Batman. I've stopped a few evil doers, and now I hear radio broadcasts about The Mechanist. Now I see why you guys suggested I do this before finishing Ada's quest.

Please tell me you wore the outfit when you were stopping those evil doers

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

The Zombie Guy posted:

Of course. I did the voice too.

The Mechanist might recognize that outfit too, considering the villainous actions of its robotic minions

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

The Zombie Guy posted:

Well, I found The Mechanist.

I went in dressed as Silver Shroud, of course. Fought through a few waves of robots, then I convinced Mechanist to talk face to face. Turns out it's a SHE??? Anyway, she realized she couldn't defeat The Shroud and gave up. Ended up begging forgiveness, and I was a big ol softy and let her live. Now I have a new base to live in.

If you ever get to Nuka World, I think there's another event where you may want to keep that Shroud outfit handy.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
My main question: can you eat people in FO76

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Rinkles posted:

I've said it before but with how limited and random the weavable selection is, idk that anyone at Betheada paid much attention to it, and maybe they thought of b weaving more as a small extra perk than something for optimizing your setup

That's why you play with a mod that lets you add ballistic fiber to anything

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

The Zombie Guy posted:

I've started exploring Far Harbor, (thanks to the folks who said to bring Nick) and I found a funny set piece.
I was poking around an all you can eat chowder restaurant, and behind the place, there was a lineup of skeletons waiting to get into the outhouse. Gave me a giggle.

If you find a drive-in theater with 2 screens, try flipping the breakers. Don't engage the enemy. Also, the bowling alley has a neat thing inside.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

in this essay i will prove that all video games are anti-semetic

Exhibit A: Red Dead Redemption NPC Herbert Moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hSEwy8ZORc

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d buy it for $10 on ps4.

I think Operation Anchorage DLC for FO3 is still ten bucks on PSN

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Tenzarin posted:

Vault 94 story is that they invited a religious group to the vault, stocked them with everything but weapons, and then told them to open the vault to let people in after the bombs dropped. Vault Tec did this to see if the religious group would adopt weapons to protect themselves.

I kinda like this idea but I'm sure the execution is as Bethesda as possible

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Liquid Communism posted:

I thought the story was neat, but a bunch of the mechanics really sucked.

They essentially shoehorned Survival Horror into a 3d Fallout game, and, welp.

I'll give them credit for trying, at least.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Garrand posted:

I hated the radios as they could be a pain in the rear end but you know you could shoot and destroy them, right?

There were a couple near the end I remember savescumming around because I couldn't find them for the life of me

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Kalessin ofSelidor posted:

Oh yeah and Captain Greaser can go to hell for never being able to convince me he wasn’t lying to me just to be a manipulative dick. But Institute Terminator guy was actually likeable in his own way too

I never got the Institute companion in FO4. Couldn't be assed to go find him, honestly.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Berke Negri posted:

you only get him if you go deep in the institute questline and he's also mostly just an rear end in a top hat

I did an Institute run once, still didn't bother. My thing was eating every corpse like a filthy savage, and Curie didn't seem to give a gently caress so she was my BFF

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I like that the BoS just blasts their way into Railroad HQ if that's the route things go during a playthrough.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Westside was run by the Kings. Boomers were obsessed with Old World tech. The super mutants and the Followers are really the only ones trying to move forward. I like that you have the choice to convince Arcade to move forward or reconnect with his Enclave past, the latter resulting in a bad ending for him.

Edit: I also just remembered the Boomers had a museum to their glorious history that they used to indoctrinate their children in a very creepy cult-like manner.

The Boomers restore a B-29 to airworthy so they automatically get a pass from me

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

cheesetriangles posted:

Has it been brought up before that when you blow up the Brotherhood airship in FO4 all the kids on board die? I don't think any of the other factions have any children.

I'm more saddened by the death of the head scribe's cat, honestly. The kids knew what they signed up for, kitty didn't sign on for that. :smith:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Fallout in Hawaii would be interesting. At least, in theory. Bethesda has trouble taking advantage of that kinda thing.

I don't know if I could handle another Point Lookout

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
There should have been a Yes Man type ending where you tell all the other factions to gently caress off. Also it would involve the Silver Shroud so you could be Speaking as Shroud all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I'm cautiously optimistic about the Fallout show. At the very least, they have the aesthetic down.