Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

LLJK Goon Crew Sign-up -- Discord -- Steam Community

How do i get started from $0 to make money

Step 1: run heists as an associate until you can afford a high end apartment, avoid pubbies if possible(they're all literally 8 years old)
Step 2: run heists as a host from your high end apartment until you can afford a CEO office
Step 3: run CEO activities from the interaction menu until you can afford an I/E Car warehouse
Step 4: Source cars for your I/E warehouse until you have one 32 cars, only sell high end cars, don't go over 32 cars, it will only source high end cars at that point. Run CEO activities in the cooldown.
Optional: Buy a buzzard, which makes it free to call right next to you in the CEO menu to make everything quicker/easier
Optional: You will eventually need a bunker, it can make a small amount of income while you're doing other things
Optional: Find a group to run through the 5 old heists all in order for a $1,000,000 all in order bonus and a $1,000,000 Loyalty bonus. Do it without a single death for a $10,000,000 mastermind bonus.

When to buy:

Office: as soon as you can to access lucrative CEO work and enable
Car warehouse: after you have a CEO office to access I/E work, the highest paying solo work in the game
Crate warehouse: When you get bored of I/E work and want a variety of missions that pay okay. Or if you want to level.
Bunker: When you have $1m+ to invest in passive income or when you have $3m and want to start getting into weaponized vehicles
Biker Clubhouse: When you have $500k+ to invest and want to be able to spawn a motorcycle beside you.
Biker businesses: When you want to burn money for boring missions.
Facility: When you have 4 people who want to go through the Doomsday heist with nobody to host it, or when you have $5m+ and want to buy the Jetpack or Avenger
Yacht: When you have $8m burning a hole in your pocket and want to destroy it in the most meaningless way possible.

How do i?

Buy a bunker/clubhouse/Hanger/Facility: Mezebank foreclosures websites in your phone. Each type has a different icon.
Buy a Car or Crate warehouse: Through the laptop at your desk in your CEO office
Mug somebody: After level 50, call Lamar
Lose the cops: Call Lester
Set a bounty: Call Lester
Send AI attackers after somebody: Strike team in the facility or call Merryweather
Get out of the middle of nowhere: call Merryweather for Boat(water) or Helicopter(land) pickup
Kill a Hydra: Shoot it with the heavy sniper, explosive ammo takes fewer shots
Kill an Oppressor: Use a Deluxo, or hydra, stay above it's height limit until you can get the jump on it.
Kill a Deluxo: Use a Stromberg which fires similar missiles but takes more hits. Use the minigun to remove the driver
Kill a tryhard: Ignore them

Leveling
-Level up quickly with the CEO office and 4 crate warehouses by sourcing and then selling 1 crate for each warehouse. It's around 2500RP per source and 5000RP per sale
-Flying: Do the flight school to rapidly increase flying skill
-Stealth: Go into stealth, rig up your controller/keyboard to sneak in circles, take a nap
-Strength: Play golf or tennis. Start a mission that disables the police, go to the beach, punch anything with a face
-Stamina: buy a bicycle, bike everywhere for a while.
-Lung Capacity: buy the scuba suit, wedge yourself under something underwater, take a nap.
-Race wins for paint jobs: Find someone to trade wins with doing 1 lap of Criminal Records

Tips

-Buy the heavy armor outfit and a bulletproof helmet, put them on and store it as an outfit. You can wear this on heists for lower bullet damage
-Buy an Armored Karuma to make Missions/Heists easier. If you start a heist and everybody else is getting into one, so should you
-Stay stocked up on snacks and heavy armor, use them on heists in cover when your health/armor is low so you don't die.
-Buy ammo in the inventory menu, this can be done on heists and such as well, doesn't work for some MK II special ammos
-Don't be rambo on heists. It's a team sport, don't keep trying to do it all yourself
-Find the double action revolver after getting the first clue sent to you and perform 50 headshots on anybody(NPCs included) for a $250k bonus which helps a lot early.
-Banking money doesn't really do anything but lower the amount you lose when you get mugged. If you still want to do it, it can be done on the mezebank website in your phone
-Make the Oppressor your favorite motorcycle by driving it a lot to make the missiles do more damage
-Ignore modders. If you get money from them, spend it on stuff before it gets taken away. If you get a lot, buy expensive cars you can sell when you need money
-Having a weapons locker in the MOC, Office, Yacht, or Avenger will allow you to remove weapons from your inventory in freeroam only
-Play Funnel Derby and Hunting Pack with goons to have fun in the game
-If posting a gif from imgur, change the file extension to .mp4 so as not to kill the thread
-Don't take anything Powershift, Zigmidge, or coupedeville say seriously, they've been playing this game for far too long and it has broken them.

You cannot remove weapons once you've purchased them. You can hide them with a gun locker in free roam, but if you buy all fittyleven pistols, you'll have to scroll through them while driving on heists and missions to get to the right guns.

Best Weapons:

Pistol: Heavy Revolver for 1 shot, AP Pistol for shooting while driving. Don't buy other pistols, they only clog your inventory
SMG: SMG MK II with the heavy barrel
Machine gun: Combat MG. If you have the MOC/Avenger convert it to MK II with the heavy barrel. Special ammo is depleted too quickly
Shotgun: Assault shotgun on foot. The sawed off can be used while riding a motorcycle. Pump shotgun with explosive ammo is powerful up close.
Sniper Rifle: Heavy Sniper MK II with the heavy barrel and thermal scope. Explosive ammo can be handy to take down hydras but severely limits your ammo capacity
Assault Rifle: Special Carbine MK II with the heavy barrel.
Minigun: You'll catch a lot of poo poo from tryhards for using this to gently caress them up, but it works.

You cannot remove vehicles from your pegasus list, and it can get quite crowded if you buy dumb poo poo like the mule.

Must have Vehicles
Buzzard, $1,750,000: Can be called in right next to you through Secuserv(CEO) in the interaction menu, a must have for mobility.
Hydra, $3,000,000: VTOL, air superiority. Still unmatched explosive cannon. Outrun locked missiles on to you by flying in a circle.
Deluxo, $4,721,500: Flying car, extremely maneuverable, MOC or Avenger needed to install missiles. Outrun locked missiles by diving and flying in a circle
Oppressor, $3,524,500: Flying motorcycle, extremely maneuverable, MOC or Avenger needed to install missiles. Extremely useful for attacking things in a hurry
Armored Karuma, $525,000: Armored car, Almost completely bulletproof, perfect for cheesing heists.

Fastest vehicles for racing
Supercars: Dewbachee Vagner
Sports: Ocelot Pariah
Sports Classics: Turismo Classic or Cheetah Classic
Motorcycle: Hakuchou Drag or Shotaro
Coupe: Zion
Sedan: Armored V12 Schafter
Compact: Brioso
Muscle: Yosimite, Pisswasser Dominator, or Sabre Turbo Custom
Offroad: Kamacho
Utility: Sadler

The Doomsday Heist - - December 7, 2017
-Jobs
--3 New heists comprised of 30 missions Following 1 story Must be activated From the Facility
-Properties
--Facility: Holds 7 standard vehicles, 3 large vehicles and the jetpack. Purchase through Meze Bank Forclosures
-Notable Vehicles
--Akula: Stealth helicopter, has the ability to keep you off the radar when you disable the weapons, handy for griefing. Hangar required for ownership
--Deluxo: Flying Delorean, The must-have vehicle of the pack and most capable P2P vehicle. Avenger or MOC required to put missiles on
--Mammoth Thruster: Jetpack, operates as a personal vehicle, Facility required for ownership

Smuggler's Run - - August 29, 2017
-Jobs
--Air freight business, running crates but with planes. Good mission variety, you should break even before you get bored, Not a good way to make money
-Properties
--Hangar: Holds all planes, allows you to modify newer planes, Launches air freight missions.
-Notable Vehicles
--Vigilante: The loving BATMOBILE, extremely heavy, extremely powerful boost, MOC or Avenger required to install missiles on
--Ultralight: small ultralight plane, goes off the radar when gliding, can't really hurt anybody but it's a good way to stay off the radar
--Tula: VTOL, Amphibious, multi-seat plane, good for moving a group of people around
--Hunter: Apache helicopter, powerful weapon with 2 people in it. Outdated for solo flight by the Akula

Gunrunning - - June 13, 2017
-Jobs
--Gunrunning business. Buy supplies or supply business, it makes product while you play, sell the product. If selling solo, sell before $200k to avoid multi-vehicle sales mission
-Properties
--Bunker: Stores MOC, Researches Vehicle/Weapon upgrades, turns supplies into product
-Notable Vehicles
--APC: Amphibious APC, powerful gun, missile resistant, carries 4 people, an okay buy. MOC required to modify
--Oppressor: jet motorcycle with wings. Good for attacking things. Can be spawned instantly with motorcycle club, most powerful griefing tool. MOC required to modify
--Weaponized Tampa: Interstate 76 style weaponized car, good for cheezing missions and stuff. Most good bits have to be researched in the bunker
--MOC: Mobile operations center, required to modify MK II guns and weaponized vehicles. Rig itself takes 20 missiles, is near bulletproof, and is extremely fast.

That said, there is so much potential for fun on your own to be had in Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: Online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk0K0lO0u0o
[/quote]

T1g4h posted:

Gentlemen, the most anticipated car has finally arrived:

Just look at the stance on that little rusted shitbox :allears:

Also there's this thing, which is pretty cool, but it's certainly no Lada.

In loving memory of the post ghost. 2017 - 2018

Powershift fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T1g4h posted:

Gettin' in on the ground floor of this thing before the Ghost Post realizes what we've done and comes to claim this thread as well.

190Z is dropping Tuesday, everybody get hype for the Datsun 240Z clone :woop:

It's going to fill the hole in my JDM garage so perfectly.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

YES I read the op but didn’t see when is the best time to buy a Dump?

My bad, i assumed everybody already owned a Dump.

Also, I tried to name the thread "Fear of a Ghost Post" in reference to the movie Fear of a Black Hat, but apparently i'm dumb.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think some of the OP is.. questionable.

This post reserved to later edit in.... uh.. alternate strategies on the first page.

ED: Really? The #1 way to take out a Deluxo is with a fuckin' Stromberg? Definitely coming back to this post a bit later when I have a few minutes.

Actually the real hidden gem (though a Karuma is nice to have) is the Duke of Death. It's available from the get go, isn't much more expensive and more importantly can take multiple rocket hits where the Karuma is a one-and-done. It's the best early game car you can get and probably the best in combat until you get up to weaponized vehicles.

I'll add poo poo to the OP if you want. I just kept everything short to avoid text wrapping on a 1280 window. I can change whatever to something more appropriate.

At some point I'll make more interesting section headers and stuff or if someone else wants to that's cool, too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Doesn't the explosive ammo shotgun only get like, 8 shells?

The heavy revolver + heavy barrel is a 1 hit head shot kill from full armor without the limited special ammos.

e: all the big MP4s have turned the page into a pig

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!

Hah, remember when $6,750 was a huge insurance payment to get one off your back?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm gonna buy 2, one devil Z for my movie car garage, and one to rice the gently caress out for my JDM garage.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They released the hustler instead of the 190z :argh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I did a california kid for my movie car garage and a salt flat racer for my hot rod garage.

And finally bought the kamacho to finish my truck floor.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's also super handy to keep a heist open to teleport back to your facility without leaving the session.

Joining your own heist through the phone just dumps you in your heist room, not in the actual hosting menu or anything.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

190z is out. The tires don't come anywhere near filling out fender flares, so straight into the garbage it goes. they should have made the widebody a benny's custom and given us a pandem kit.

Fills out my JDM garage

Also, the Kamacho is great, but whether you put a box in the back or not, there's a hitbox taking up the front ~foot of the box. such bullshit.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Feb 20, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Waiting for my router to reboot i was dicking around in single player. The traffic variety alone almost makes it feel like a different game. Taxis and Buffalo police cars and warreners and pantos driving around.

Really reminds you that this is a buggy as poo poo game from 2013 with layers and layers of make-up slathered all over it.

It also makes me loving hate the loving radius SUV bullshit that seems to make up half of all traffic online.

gently caress you, you piece of poo poo. :argh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IAmThatIs posted:

So I am very much a noob. I played a bit with my uncle and his buddies, so I have $130,000. The OP says I should buy a high end apartment to run a heist. How do I do that?

$130,000 isn't enough to buy a high end apartment. When you're ready to, go to the realty website on your phone. Most apartments with 10 car garages have a heist room, which is what's needed to launch a heist. Once you have one, go to the heist room and lester should guide you through the rest of the process.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mutata posted:

The singleplayer world is magnificent and super vibrant.

It really is shocking how much has been pared away to make online marginally functional.

Almost makes you wish the game could have a sequel with engine and netcode improvements and such.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

No, it has to be a high end apartment with a heist room. There might be a few that have smaller garages, but an apartment with a 10 car garage is almost guaranteed to have a heist room. The doomsday heists are a whole seperate thing with their own in order/loyalty/mastermind thigns.

In reguards to the original heists:

You get a bonus for the first time you do a heist.
You get a bonus for doing all the heists in order, something easier to do when you're hosting.
You get a bonus for doing all the heists in order with the same 4 people, something easier to do when you have 3 friends willing to do it with you
You get a $10m bonus for doing all the heists on hard, in order, with the 4 same people. Something easier to do when you hate yourself and 3 other people.

There might be enough people in the discord willing to try to mastermind it with you, maybe even a couple old vets willing to do it just for the challenge. That $10m could set you up with consistent revenue in the game.

I could probably do a quick write-op for the OP on a very basic guide to make the 5 original heists easier if there's enough demand.

It's also worth noting that tomorrow is the last drip-feed car from the doomsday heist pack which usually means the announcement of a new pack and a week of 2x money on stuff that's actually fun. If they do 2x on contact missions we could probably shame coupe into putting a 40 hour week into spamming profitable contact missions dragging anybody else along for the cash.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I want a street racing pack with the ability to put stickers and spoilers and more power into all the existing cars and poo poo.

Also worth noting that the drip-feed from the next pack will likely cross over with GTA IV's 10th anniversary. Maybe they could add the Liberty City map with million dollar plane tickets.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Give us pirate ships!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm gonna need like, 3 more comets.

Also, this happened.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hugh Malone posted:

You could do an 811 and a Neon, and make a 6 pfister floor, maybe?

A 6 phister would be pretty tight

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ravenkult posted:

More questions: Should I be playing in free aim?

Yeah. if you play with auto aim, you get put in auto aim lobbies with auto aim players who are almost all 9 years old.

If you use a controller there is "free aim - assisted" which makes it good.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's some good stuff in there.

The're probably gonna dump the supercars on us tonight and then drip feed all the good ones.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Update's up, only 790mb, only 5 cars out right now, and oof, ouch, my wallet.

Hotring is $830k. RS200 is $940k, new Entity is $2.3m, Volvo wagon is $335k.

taipan is $1.98m, not quite sure what it's supposed to represent.

Double money and RP on a hotring racing series.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 20, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are a whole pile of liveries for the hotring, but a bunch you have to earn by winning hotring races.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

I’m going to look up YouTube as I’m trying to pick between the Hotring andGB200

There's double money and RP on hotring races right now. I just won $35k for a 7 minute race against like 10 people.

I also hold the world record on the track :smug:

The races all seem to be huge swoopy boring as gently caress tracks.

e: 3-0 so far in hotring races. on one i was able to lap half the pack. The tracks are garbage and there's something really off about the physics.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Mar 20, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

these cars are good

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Killing yourself through the interaction menu now counts as a death for your KDR which means all those pathetic dickholes who kill themselves to avoid getting shot will be down in the decimals going forward.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Patch notes:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000767647

quote:

Insurance premiums for Weaponized Vehicles are now capped at $10k instead of $20k.

quote:

Fixed an issue that reduced the power of the Hydra’s VTOL thrusters, preventing the ability to perform a ‘quick land’.

Oh happy day!

e: the loving Lada is going to be $165k

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T1g4h posted:

Holy poo poo the Taipan is awful. Like... really, really bad. That thing looks like garbage, drives like a greased up log, corners with all the body roll of a Lincoln Continental from the 70s, and has basically no real customization options. It might just claim the title for "Most worthless car I have ever purchased" right off the jump :v:

The Hotring and GS200 are good and fun though. The GS200 is especially hilarious, it has such a stupid amount of grip that it will flat out roll sideways if you pitch it into a sharp turn going too fast and at too much of an angle. I managed to get a good bit of distance barrel rolling it down hills this way. As for the Hotring, I just need to grind out 18 races so I can get the best livery for it, aka the one that lets you make a decent clone of the Days of Thunder car :allears:

I'm already at like, 5 wins, and the tracks are so bad i don't think it's worth slogging through 15 more to be the intimidator, especially when i can already be the king.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

julian assflange posted:

The 20-30 car races that descend into Destruction Derby are the best.

There is a type of hotknife race where you have to fill a gauge of some sort and I have no idea how it works. Any ideas?

Aggregate position. The higher place you are, the faster the bar fills.

You could theoretically sit in third the whole race and win it if people keep rotating out of first into 10th and such.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe stop cheating, jerk :argh:

But yeah, a whole pile of supposedly "clean" players got banned 6-12 hours ago. I'm probably over 2000 hours and had over 1b in dirty money dumped on me through every method, been accused of modding and threatened with a report hundreds of times just for being really good at being an rear end in a top hat, never been banned once.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well, maybe if you bought more shark cards, they would have kept you as a customer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oh, well maybe the answer then is less shark cards.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They've reversed bans in the past without actually erasing everything.

They already removed the anti-cheat tunable from the hotring races, so they realize there's a problem.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You have to realize the person support is normally dealing with in this situation is a 12 year old who used a mod menu for god mode and doesn't think that should be bannable. The standard form responses are designed to make them stop whining.

In the past, people who have managed to appeal bans have had their characters restored.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Ellie and Tezeract are out for those who aren't too banned to enjoy them. Get ready to see grey cars with black stripes everywhere you look.

The ellie is an interesting combination of different mustangs/muscle cars. The hood is tied to the exhaust for some reason. and you can't move/modify the fog lights.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

One of the Zancudo hangars is 50% off. But didn't people say air cargo is annoying and not worth the time? Should I not bother?

you only get 1 crate per person, 4 people, 4 crates. zero people, ZE-RO CRATES.

it's only worth it if you have 3 friends. owning the hangar is required to own all the good planes/helis so you might need one eventually anyways.

Regular crate sales are doubled this week, so just do that if you want money.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Support has supposedly told people that the resets are irreversible. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

It looks like a bunch of people are getting unbanned. Check your stats page on social club to see if your character stats are back.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gomi Day posted:

newsflash:

it appears that most of the folks who were unbanned.......have been banned again!

what.

Some people just never learn, i guess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

julian assflange posted:

As for the custom cars I think their stats do come in but the differences are marginal unless you have a really good driver on your hands

The advantage is also destroyed by having catch-up on.

The main advantage is being able to distance yourself from the pack in the first few turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BitBasher posted:

Or, you can just play on PS4 and the game works great and there are never any hackers. (Just assholes)

if you call 18fps at 900p great